patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe because Jeep can actually deliver a damn vehicle 10-12 weeks after you order it?
Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe because Jeep can actually deliver a damn vehicle 10-12 weeks after you order it?
Lets be honest. The Wrangler is made from parts that are shared from many cars. Stallantis is a HUGE company and they have more pull from the companies that make parts. Ford doesn't have the pull they do. Plus the JL has been being made all the way back to 2017, it's about to be 6 years old.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem with Jeeps is I have owned one. So many electrical gremlins... so many. Like when my wife got stranded because the neutral safety switch only worked when parked flat, or the bad temperature sensor, or the weird electrical drain we could never track down.

I honestly see the Bronco competing more with the Mustang. 2-doors, stick shift, fun to drive. Both start around $30k and can go up (and up and up) from there.

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the inability to produce has also been a huge factor. In hindsight, Ford should have started with less option/configurations, which may have enabled them to achieve higher production numbers. Clearly the parts procurement process along with incoming QC inspections needs to improve.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lets be honest. The Wrangler is made from parts that are shared from many cars. Stallantis is a HUGE company and they have more pull from the companies that make parts. Ford doesn't have the pull they do. Plus the JL has been being made all the way back to 2017, it's about to be 6 years old.
What parts does the Wrangler share from other "cars", apart perhaps from the motor choices?

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Y’all still acting like Ford is having issues producing Broncos at volume. They are very close to mass production capacity in the plant. You won’t see Broncos coming off the line much more than now, unless they axe the Ranger or build another facility. Not happening any time soon. Jeep will continue to outsell Bronco significantly, that was always going to be the case. Dirt/snow mountain is an unfortunate issue caused by the need to keep those production numbers maximized.
When's the last time, if ever, you saw a full convoy triluck of only Broncos? Mostly they travel 2 or 3 at a time on hotshot. And like I said full trucks of Wranglers/Gladiators at least 200 units/ day based on just what was headed west. 200 shipped a day for even 100 days per year is 200,000 units per year. If Ford was on track at even half that you would see them on the road or on trucks

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can actually get a Wrangler.... at this point Ford is going to have to win me all over again after this debacle.

Ford Bronco Article: Wrangler still outsells Bronco 2 to 1. Here's why. PXL_20220611_031535714

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved my Bronco 7/14/20, ordered 1/27/21, re-ordered 10/21.

Ordered my Rubicon 7/11/22.

Neither has been assigned a VIN yet.

Which do you think will be delivered first?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the inability to produce has also been a huge factor. In hindsight, Ford should have started with less option/configurations, which may have enabled them to achieve higher production numbers. Clearly the parts procurement process along with incoming QC inspections needs to improve.
Agreed, the inability to produce has been huge for them. That has also caused ADM which most of us won't stand for and only made it worst for them.
Yep. I got my Jeep in less than 10 weeks. It should have been a Bronco. I'm still giving them till 2023 though or I'll be forced into another jeep.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jeeps has been a trusted brand for many many years proven and hardly changed. They tried to change the tranny back in 12' and that didn't work. Still have the same ol 3.6. I think of it this way you wanna spend 48k on dated technology or lack there of, get a jeep. You wanna spend 48k and get some modern comforts wait in line for a bronco.

I could not agree more with this statement , I've had 99, 06, and 12 year wranglers and enjoyed them all, but the : ride, tech, and "cheap stock parts" has been the same in everyone of them. When i got my Bronco 3 months ago I had all these plans and upgrades and have only done the necessary stuff (speakers, tint windows, mud flaps, ect) No major upgrades, I'm just enjoying it the way it is. and i think that speaks volumes about the engineering and tech that went into the bronco.
Case in point I bought my 2012 JK Sarah in 2015 stock, little over 50k on her paid 31k off lot. First year: 3" lift kit, Fuel wheels and tires, and other small stuff, a cool 6K easily, total cost first year over 42k!! I paid 46k off lot for Brand new Bronco and no need for expensive suspension upgrades or electronics.

Jeep is going to have to step up there game thanks to the Bronco

Last edited:

Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep is going to have to step up there game thanks to the Bronco
Yup. Competition improves the breed. I'm sure the Sasquatch package is what spurred Jeep to offer the Xtreme Recon factory 35" package as an option.

My most recent Wrangler was a 2015 Willys Wheeler Unlimited, so the same JK platform that was in your 2012. The current JL platform has been heralded for ride improvements, and the current tech offerings augment the tried and true 3.6 (auto or manual) with new options that include an Italian 2.0 turbo 4, the V8 in the 392, the diesel 3.0, and plug-in electric/hybrid offered on the 4xE.

I've specced my Wrangler order with the 2.0 turbo, but it was a tough choice, given the host of new tech available. Looking forward to it - unless Ford surprises me first with a VIN on my day 2 reservation/order!

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Wrangler will likely always outsell the Bronco. There is a production constraint that Ford won't fix. They're investing in other areas.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford sold a ton of Jeeps by not being able to produce Broncos fast enough.
Yeah.... I'm clicking articles on Broncos (How many more takes on configuring a new look?) while waiting on mine to be produced (two years now) while people are driving Jeeps.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With MAP producing 2 vehicles and it being about the same size as Toledo North that only produces Wrangler. Bronco will always be outsold by Wrangler. None of this is shocking.
Sponsored