Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think part of it is the tops. Jeep just has better top options

MIC is not the greatest - I wanted the modular top that has the rear windows that pop out because it would block noise better and I could have hooks hanging from ceiling and connect into the clam shell to easily lift when the windows are removed. Hopefully we can order modular again in 2023s next month?

Soft top for 2D(Trektop) - I like my soft tops down anytime it is possible. Not with 1 piece pulled back, not everything but the rear windows, etc. The entire top all the way down. The 2D Trektop only folds back to this huge accordion that is high up on top of the rear rollbar on the 2D(Only about 5 pictures in the internet exist with the soft tops all the way down on the 2d). The factory soft top for the 4D looks perfect, but factory tops are not an option to purchase for the 2D

Bikini top - Does not exist. I normally could remove the MIC in the summer and keep the Bronco in the garage when it is raining, but I at least need something that if it starts raining while I am driving, I can pull into a gas station and grab from under a seat and throw up in 2 minutes. I know it will not have brackets for hurricane winds on interstate, but just something simple that hooks into the windshield like the soft top, and wraps as tight as possible around the rollbars. I know there is no crossbar to loop around, but at least have longer straps on sides that can run behind the drivers/passengers heads and cinch on the opposite rollbar or something to tighten it better.

Lots of complaining for someone that is still getting a Bronco, but I have had (2)Wranglers with awesome tops and just wish they had better tops like the Wranglers do
Sponsored

Last edited:

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, totally agree. The Gladiator would suit my needs much better with a bed and I still do like them....BUT I also do love this Bronco and will make due with some kind of roof rack or small trailer for my kayaks and paddle boards. Also- I do not like the stock Gladiator at all with the "tiny" tires and no lift. I'd have to get a Rubicon or Mojave, then add lift, 35" tires, gearing change, etc. What would have this cost me- like 70K or so? Almost double my Basesquatch. So no way.
Prob solved ...I love them both but needed the gladiator for almost 8k tow capacity- boat..and the bronco I have wanted for over 30 years..it replaced my 2 polaris utvs which was basically a wash for a base..and yes the Gladiator and bronco both look goofy with small tires- 35s are a must for me although I have 37s for both.

20220716_101551.jpg

20220510_110658.jpg

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree 100%. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place with that design. Any major modifications will alienate a loyal fan base and be seen as a knee jerk reaction to a better Bronco.

The only chance they have to reset the board is to do it on the fully electric wrangler. Anyone shopping for that will already be open to a pretty big change. They will also have a fully electrified model first which will be an advantage to pull the early adopters. On the flip side Ford will get to correct their oversights again.
I really hope they do make the Jeep better. Look how Ford reacted to the Ram TRX, they are putting the GT500 engine a Raptor!!!

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I reserved a Bronco for my wife and after I test drove it I remembered how much i loved Jeeps and that style of vehicle. Now I have a gladiator I love.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, totally agree. The Gladiator would suit my needs much better with a bed and I still do like them....BUT I also do love this Bronco and will make due with some kind of roof rack or small trailer for my kayaks and paddle boards. Also- I do not like the stock Gladiator at all with the "tiny" tires and no lift. I'd have to get a Rubicon or Mojave, then add lift, 35" tires, gearing change, etc. What would have this cost me- like 70K or so? Almost double my Basesquatch. So no way.
70K? Gearing change? No.

Both Rubicon and Mojave are fine with 35’s. I used an AEV 2” lift (isn’t even necessary) slapped on 35’s and some black rhinos for $2,500. Mojave built to my specs was 56K, I got 8% off MSRP. After I did that and sold my Challenger (for a profit) I was out the door with taxes for 41K.

Anyways, even at MSRP you’d be nowhere near 70K. My truck has everything but safety and leather. A neutered Mojave like your base would be in the 40’s.

Ford Bronco Article: Wrangler still outsells Bronco 2 to 1. Here's why. BEF6EA1D-494B-42B4-888F-0594CAA349E6

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Gladiator was tanking badly on it's own pre-covid, the "new kid on the block" syndrome had faded badly from that horrific product and it was quickly on it's way out of production when Covid and union contracts saved it.

Having unbreakable union volume contracts and tooling dies that haven't changed since Bush (senior) was in office goes a loooooooooong way in ensuring parts to build vehicles are available. Jeep has pulled exactly zero miracles in keeping Wrangler production going through Covid lockdowns.

Releasing a new vehicle at any point from 2021 to today has proven quite difficult. But I digress, all the Jeep fans should run down to their local Cadillac dealers and pick up a brand new Blackwing CTV-4 or CTV-5.

That's a joke, because they have made about 20% of their "sold out" orders. They have also started de-contenting them just to get built. Imagine the absolute pissing and moaning tirade of B6g members if they had a $120,000 Blackwing CTV-5 that was 2 years late then arrived without seat heaters or a fifteenth cup holder!
Right. The Gladiator that went on sale in 2019 was in danger of being discontinued in 2020. I’ll add this to my list of things that never happened.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Right. The Gladiator that went on sale in 2019 was in danger of being discontinued in 2020. I’ll add this to my list of things that never happened.
A solid example of what happens when you don't learn lessons from history if ever there was one.

Let's harken back to those plucky pre-covid 2015:

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/08/no-fixed-abode-dont-want-jeep-pickup-pansy/

or the just-before covid days of 2020 when Gladiator had already sold to every sack-carrying member of the Truck Nuts community and was nearing its brief end. Again. Again.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-jeep-gladiators-sales-numbers-are-failing-miserably/

And in early 2020 Gladiators couldn't sell with $9,000 in customer rebates spread eagle across the hood.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2...-mean-big-trouble-for-midsize-jeep-gladiator/
Motorbikes and Fred Durat being sensationalist, we can just look at the token gesture of Gladiator sales and say that this is a very flat and unique pancake of unimpressive sales. At this rate it will only take another decade to offset development costs for Gladiator.

https://carsalesbase.com/us-jeep-gladiator/

in the end, its likely that Mr. Baruth hit the nail on the head that being shitty at being a truck and being shitty at being an offroad vehicle will doom Gladiator. Again. Like it has with every generation before

I hate to say it, but those are rose colored glasses you're looking through if you believe the Gladiator to have been an outright success.

In many ways it ended up being Covid that saved Gladiator from washing itself out, again, and dying a quick death, because they were not what you're implying they were.

Last edited:

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have owned a couple generations of jeeps up to a current 392 rubicon —-and now a 2021 Wildtrak ….I’m loving the 2021 Bronco but it has some issues (and strengths) that need some attention and further development.
My 2021 Jeep has needed zero issues to be fixed or addressed in over a year of ownership —no rattles or mechanical issues…the ride is amazing (not the steering ) it is very plush and comfortable. The Bronco beats you a bit on and off road …I am hoping the hoss 3.0 will address some suspension issues and Increase off road ability —-I am glad both Jeep and bronco exist…they make each other better and create competition to make the best off road vehicle for customers…my first off road vehicle was a 1972 bronco…I am glad Ford released a new generation bronco …they just need to address some issues and make a better bronco …I’m pretty sure a 2025 and beyond will be a better Bronco —-but I am sure loving this 2021!

cheers

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A solid example of what happens when you don't learn lessons from history if ever there was one.

Let's harken back to those plucky pre-covid 2015:

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/08/no-fixed-abode-dont-want-jeep-pickup-pansy/

or the just-before covid days of 2020 when Gladiator had already sold to every sack-carrying member of the Truck Nuts community and was nearing its brief end. Again. Again.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-jeep-gladiators-sales-numbers-are-failing-miserably/

And in early 2020 Gladiators couldn't sell with $9,000 in customer rebates spread eagle across the hood.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2...-mean-big-trouble-for-midsize-jeep-gladiator/
Motorbikes and Fred Durat being sensationalist, we can just look at the token gesture of Gladiator sales and say that this is a very flat and unique pancake of unimpressive sales. At this rate it will only take another decade to offset development costs for Gladiator.

https://carsalesbase.com/us-jeep-gladiator/

in the end, its likely that Mr. Baruch hit the nail on the head that being shitty at being a truck and being shitty at being an offroad vehicle will doom Gladiator. Again. Like it has with every generation before

I hate to say it, but those are rose colored glasses you're looking through if you believe the Gladiator to have been an outright success.

In many ways it ended up being Covid that saved Gladiator from washing itself out, again, and dying a quick death, because they were not what you're implying they were.
Absolutely nothing you just said proves your claim about the union or Jeep looking to discontinue the Gladiator. Stop trying to push your opinion off as facts.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
70K? Gearing change? No.

Both Rubicon and Mojave are fine with 35’s. I used an AEV 2” lift (isn’t even necessary) slapped on 35’s and some black rhinos for $2,500. Mojave built to my specs was 56K, I got 8% off MSRP. After I did that and sold my Challenger (for a profit) I was out the door with taxes for 41K.

Anyways, even at MSRP you’d be nowhere near 70K. My truck has everything but safety and leather. A neutered Mojave like your base would be in the 40’s.

BEF6EA1D-494B-42B4-888F-0594CAA349E6.jpeg
Regarding pricing maybe in your area but not around here. Vehicles, aftermarket work and mods, etc. is unbelievably expensive. (Lifts, etc.)

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow you have the perfect combo- a Gladiator and Bronco!! I wish I could do that! Then I would not have to worry about towing, roof rack for the Bronco, etc. I could probably get a Gladiator if I sold my my daily driver and Corvette but then I'd have no way to get to work. I would not be able to afford the gas with a 100 mile a day commute. My Bronco sits as it is. And yeah you need 35's on the Gladiator. That stock look with the "tiny" tires doesn't do it for me.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every current article about "vehicle sales" can be safely ignored thanks to commodity constraints.

F150 sales are down because they can't produce enough, not because people don't want to buy

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Regarding pricing maybe in your area but not around here. Vehicles, aftermarket work and mods, etc. is unbelievably expensive. (Lifts, etc.)
That’s a giant ass leap but okay.

JB 208

Big Bend
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This, 100%. If mine had not showed up this month, I was about to by a Gladiator. Honestly, it would suit my needs better, but holy cow I like this Bronco.
Good call. I really wanted to like the Gladiator. But it is garbage. We had one for three months. One of which was spent in the shop. The transfer case fell apart after towing our boat 4 miles. Jeep initially accused us of overloading it until they learned that our boat is only 4,000 lbs. Bronco is a better truck (at least at this point). Still my only serious knock on the Bronco is the tow capacity. Otherwise I really really love it!

Bronco 3992

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree that Bronco was ramping up but believed MAP has been at full capacity since the start of 2022.
The only thing that stopped me from buying the Jeep with the long delays on the Bronco is I don't like their entertainment system and the ease of use with your phone. I traded in a Jeep Renegade for my Bronco because I was dissatisfied with Jeep's integration issues with my phone and the XM Sirius radio.
Sponsored