First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My take on article: Bronco definitely expanded this 'SUV' segment -- off-road capable, removable roof & doors, etc. So seems more people entered the segment then shifted brands. Appears this really helped Jeep.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/jeep-wrangler-still-outsells-ford-bronco-almost-2-to-1
I was a reservation holder and converted to an order 14 months ago and have no word on when I look at my Bronco. I have since ordered a Jeep Rubicon and whichever one gets here 1st is the 1 I'm buying.
Sponsored

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My take on article: Bronco definitely expanded this 'SUV' segment -- off-road capable, removable roof & doors, etc. So seems more people entered the segment then shifted brands. Appears this really helped Jeep.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/jeep-wrangler-still-outsells-ford-bronco-almost-2-to-1
Agree! I too came close to buying a Wrangler Hybrid! Most of my daily driving now that I am retired, is under 25 miles. I do love my Badlands! I treat it as if it is a Corvette! Drive my older car when it is crummy weather.

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
frankk

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is struggling with production constraints. If they could produce more Broncos, they would sell more Broncos.
I'm sure constraints are holding back production but you won't see a dramatic increase in production numbers as long as the Ranger retains is popularity.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMO, I don't think Ford planned outsell Jeep numbers from the beginning, they just wanted a piece of this cake that was all for Jeep in the past.

If the goal for Ford would be to outsell their numbers, They would invested in a production plan just for Broncos to achieve the production volume that Jeep has with their wrangler.

I still believe that Bronco is a huge hit for Ford and it's hurting Jeep sales, because for every Bronco that it's sold, It represent one less Wrangler in the market. Even if that customer didn't want to buy a Wrangler before, It's a customer they couldn't convince to buy this vehicle on this segment but Ford did.

Also, I believe the Bronco hype made this segment growing faster than I think they thought it would growth. I don't have the data for this and would love to see it at the end of the year.

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I would never have bought a Jeep. On-road performance sucks and off-roading is not a big enough "thing" for me to have ever considered a Jeep.

A '98 Ford Explorer with 4WD was more than enough to get me where I needed to go off-road in the past. But when Ford offered the Bronco with a MANUAL transmission, that was what sold me. If they did not offer a manual, I would not be a Bronco owner today.

The road noise sucks, and the gas mileage sucks, but damn this thing is fun to drive and it is comfortable to drive also. Jeep never had a chance to get my $$$. And luckily I didn't need the Bronco by a particular date, I was certainly getting frustrated waiting for it, but it was worth the wait.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Until Ford’s production catches up with demand, their sales numbers mean nothing because it’ll be a mirror of what they can produce.

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally, I would never have bought a Jeep. On-road performance sucks and off-roading is not a big enough "thing" for me to have ever considered a Jeep.

A '98 Ford Explorer with 4WD was more than enough to get me where I needed to go off-road in the past. But when Ford offered the Bronco with a MANUAL transmission, that was what sold me. If they did not offer a manual, I would not be a Bronco owner today.

The road noise sucks, and the gas mileage sucks, but damn this thing is fun to drive and it is comfortable to drive also. Jeep never had a chance to get my $$$. And luckily I didn't need the Bronco by a particular date, I was certainly getting frustrated waiting for it, but it was worth the wait.
I test drove the Bronco on and off-road. There wasn't much to recommend it for on pavement in terms of how it drove, which makes sense because the high clearance and other design elements are kind of the opposite you would want for good pavement performance. I didn't find a huge difference from a Wrangler in that regard.

It was very nice off-road though, I was impressed with that aspect. I tested the 2-door manual off-road and the crawler gear, shifting and control was very nice on the trail. I don't get the pavement fun aspect, but it would be a lot of fun off-road.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I test drove the Bronco on and off-road. There wasn't much to recommend it for on pavement in terms of how it drove, which makes sense because the high clearance and other design elements are kind of the opposite you would want for good pavement performance. I didn't find a huge difference from a Wrangler in that regard.

It was very nice off-road though, I was impressed with that aspect. I tested the 2-door manual off-road and the crawler gear, shifting and control was very nice on the trail. I don't get the pavement fun aspect, but it would be a lot of fun off-road.
Have you ever driven a Jeep? The steering is very vague, totally void of feel and hard to keep in a straight line. Thankfully I have never experienced the death wobble.

so you are correct that the steering is nothing special compared to a regular passenger vehicle, but compared to a Jeep, it is pretty dramatic.

Sponsored

Darren Daine

Big Bend
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Chrysler is going to need to step up their game with Jeep or the Bronco will blow past them. They got fat and lazy over the past several decades with no serious, direct competition. Their lack of innovation and evolution is proof. They will have to come up with something better than a new glow in the dark color moving forward.
As long as they're delivering jeeps they've already beat Ford. I ordered my Bronco going on 15 months ago. I ordered a Jeep Rubicon 3 weeks ago let's see what 1 gets here 1st.

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
I regularly rent wranglers on ski trips and was death-wobbled on two trip occasions. kind of hilarious to me, but would have scared the life out of my wife. Bronco is just like a pickup, not like a crossover or car, but soooooo much better to keep centered on the highway. Not even close

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

nor have they fixed the steering isues. I've owned a tj,my and a jk they were all uncomfortable to drive and scared the hell out of me. My girlfriend even refused to drive them to the store. The difference between the two is day and night.
I found this amusing. My wifes son had the family van die and they needed to borrow something. The first day they borrowed her Bronco Sport, but she was going to need it back so we sent them out in the JK Rubicon. That experience persuaded them to buy themselves something of their own the next day. Something that was NOT a Jeep.

Darren Daine

Big Bend
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Only because Ford can't deliver and people don't want to wait. The new JL Jeep has a class action lawsuit because of paint blistering on newer models after less than a year. Due to aluminum and steel touching and steel dust on panels under the paint.

BroncoSteveMc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Count me as one who ordered a Wrangler due to Ford failing at being able to build Broncos. I was in the market and wanted a 2023 Bronco but I am not going to wait 12-24 months for one. Life is too short for that and if I want a Bronco in 2-3 years I will trade the Wrangler in for one.
Sponsored