Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

So a dealer gets caught trying to rig the system and gets all of his allocations taken away. What happens to the unknowing victims that still have their order sitting at that dealer? They're the ones who a really getting screwed and might never know it.
Where can we find the list of these "offending" Dealers?
Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What is a non-name matched order?
This is when a dealership sells a car to a customer that isn't who ordered the vehicle. If there isn't a good reason(I'd have to look them up again there is only 5 reasons.) they get penalized. You need proof to that reason as well. So Ford is trying, but I wish they did this from the beginning

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where can we find the list of these "offending" Dealers?
considering they are telling dealers not to share allocation information with their customers, unlikely that we will ever know.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

considering they are telling dealers not to share allocation information with their customers, unlikely that we will ever know.
Dealer allocation is confidential info in my opinion. But yes, dealers that were trying to game the system to leverage Ford to provide more allocation. Customers that were trying to find "big" dealers that they thought had a better chance got taken and would have been better served to visit their local dealer. Some dealers oversold allocations which is bad situation for buyers waiting with orders at that dealer and no one wants to divulge their position. One dealer posted here this week they got 29 scheduled yesterday for the next 5 weeks, but they have 200+ orders, so it will still take 8-1/2 months to clear the orders they have and they said they "paced" their orders basically meaning they didn't want to get too upside down on allocations. He also wouldn't state what his allocations were, but you could assume about 6 per week if buildable based on 29 scheduled over the next 5 weeks.

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Congrats on getting your Bronco in 10 months and being a very early reservation holder. I can tell you that all of this new for someone who ordered late. The change to the allocation system to punish three dealerships offering below MSRP was a crap move. Then saying we could move our reservation/order to another dealership. Only to change course yet again and not allow those moves was also very new. I knew I was going to be waiting, but years is just crazy. I also know wanting a two door put me in a different waiting queue.
Ford created a massive headache for themselves! A problem many other OEMs would love to have.

I resisted the temptation to order from a dealer promising below MSRP because it just can't work out good for everyone with a vehicle in such high demand, your best case is MSRP and even with that you run into bad dealers that attempt to change the deal, Ford likely has an obligation to its broader dealer network to spread out the distribution of available units, the dealers trying to go for volume are kind of doing their own clients a disservice as they are never going to receive the allocation they require to fulfill all their client's orders, these lower than MSRP dealers are hailed as being customer friendly but they really are not, a good number of their clients are going to be stuck waiting a lot longer, pay less wait longer, pay MSRP and at least you have a chance at an early unit. Trying to save $500 to $800 is not worth the headache. It will all be over soon enough and folks will be fighting over Raptors and other special editions, LOL

StarPony

Badlands
First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m with Leif Johnson too. Idk how long it’s gonna take, but I’m not letting my hopes up. Do you mind me asking your original reservation date and your build?
I reserved kinda late (early august) and mine is a Badlands non sas, hard top, 2.7, high. I’m wondering if anyone with similar builds before my reservation date are still waiting :/
Then again the whole point of this thread is that reservation doesn’t mean squat 🤣
Hi @Cabronco I never got a reservation 🙈 (TBF I was waiting on a BL manual Sasquatch, not avail. in MY21)
I walked in and ordered on the morning of 10/14/21 (Day 2 of MY22 open banks) ---

Area 51 Badlands
4-Door
Soft Top
Sasquatch
2.3 Manual
LUX
MGV
HD Mod Bumper
(Had PPF but visited again and removed on 12/4)

If you watch their new car Bronco sales page, you'll see their demos as well as any new orders coming in as they are being delivered. There's one there now that's the first 22 I've seen so far (Hard top 4 door BL). Hard top is a constraint, but the last scheduling round seems like they are picking up. 2 door or 4? Maybe you aren't too far off! 🤞
Sponsored