Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK. Thank you. Glad you had good luck! From what I can tell, most dealers either can't or won't tell you what their allocation is and barely give exact info as to how many orders they have that need filled. So it makes it difficult to figure out what dealer to go with.

I'm sure lots of people are gonna want the dealers info...... they may get a lot of orders!
my dealership has been pretty open about my order placement on his list as well as how many orders he has(only like 8), but has said he doesn't have ANY clue on allocations. He told me that anyone saying they know what they are are lying. He could be full of shit but he doesn't really have any reason to lie to me about it. Unless his dealership is just not as informed as others idk.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand that we are attempting to see how dealer-to-dealer allocation works, but Ford does penalize dealerships for non-name matched orders. Will your 1 order affect them, probably not, but let's not make a trend out of this please. I'd let go over that order and ask them to cancel it.
When is the last time that Ford has penalized a dealership for not meeting the Bronco Name Match Integrity Policy threshold, which they so generously just recently reduced from 80% to 60%?

I'll wait. 🍿🍺

Ford Bronco As a test, I ordered identical Broncos from two dealerships Name Match Integrity Policy

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When is the last time that Ford has penalized a dealership for not meeting the Bronco Name Match Integrity Policy threshold, which they so generously just recently reduced from 80% to 60%?

I'll wait. 🍿🍺

Name Match Integrity Policy.png
That is outdated(unless I've missed something EDIT: FOR ORDERS GOING FORWARD, my apologies) Now dealerships are required to hold a 70% name match policy for its' entire retail name-match. The penalization is 100% legitimate and it is serious. We lose allocation if we fall below that 70%, and we have 3 chances. On the third time we drop below, we lose retail allocation for an entire year.

If a dealership doesn't care, they shouldn't be in business.

EDIT: Reason being is now Broncos are required to be COVP'd which means they fall into this category

Last edited:

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll make it really simple. Unless you are a total brand loyalist, most people will buy one Ford every 5-10 years if that and you will have not problem jumping to a different manufacturer if they have a better car/deal for you.

The dealerships on the other hand have a relationship that spans decades and sells 1,000s of vehicles a year for them (and not just the most popular ones).

If it comes between keeping you happy or a dealership happy, who do you think is going to win out?

And to cut any Granger/Low Volume Special Price dealership people off at the pass, who is Ford going to keep happy, the dealership that sells few hundred vehicles a year or sells a few hundred a month. Ford's biggest problem in the whole launch for a sales/reservation perspective is they never entertained the notion that a small volume dealership would go so aggressive on a nationwide sales campaign.
I believe Ford Corporate is royally pissed at the three dealerships who offered below MSRP deals. They have been stiff-arming them this entire process. I don't think of it as a problem for Ford, but rather an opportunity to f*^k with them (and us buyers) along the way.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is outdated(unless I've missed something) Now dealerships are required to hold a 70% name match policy for its' entire retail name-match.
"My dealer says..."

Ford Bronco As a test, I ordered identical Broncos from two dealerships satc-sex-and-the-city

Which threshold is outdated? Early 2021's 80% or late 2021's 60%? 🤔

You say it's now 70%. Can you provide any supporting information that actually refutes the two documents that I have posted? 🧐

BTW, I'm still waiting for an answer to my original question... When is the last time that Ford has penalized a dealership for not meeting the Bronco Name Match Integrity Policy threshold?

Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"My dealer says..."

Ford Bronco As a test, I ordered identical Broncos from two dealerships satc-sex-and-the-city

Which threshold is outdated? Early 2021's 80% or late 2021's 60%? 🤔

You say it's now 70%. Can you provide any supporting information that actually refutes the two documents that I have posted? 🧐

BTW, I'm still waiting for an answer to my original question... When is the last time that Ford has penalized a dealership for not meeting the Bronco Name Match Integrity Policy threshold?

I'm not Ford Motor Company, so I wouldn't know when they have - but they do penalize dealerships. There is over 3000 of them, Ford does issue penalties. They do audit dealerships as well, so even if they don't get caught now, they will get caught in the future and be fined.

I thought we were discussing orders going forward, my apologies! If you are an order before Jan 10th, the Bronco Integrity policy is still in affect. If you are after, it falls into the COVPs 70% requirement. I will edit my previous post so I don't trigger everyone :oops:

Ford Bronco As a test, I ordered identical Broncos from two dealerships 1642722485867

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
With a first week reservation for a BD, Jan 21 order, Oct 22 rollover into MY22 still no word. I ordered a Base end of November 21 and that got scheduled today. Both are 2 door so MIC constraint. The BD have a tow package constraint...seriously can the tow package make that much difference? Neither dealer is a large dealer.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is exactly what I am doing, different state. Going with a small town, multi line dealer in “pickup country”. If Ford and the dealers want to game us, game on!
I wish I had the time and the patience to do the same. I started checking around at local dealers. In my area they are all smaller low volume dealers. They are all selling at above MSRP.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I had the time and the patience to do the same. I started checking around at local dealers. In my area they are all smaller low volume dealers. They are all selling at above MSRP.
For custom orders even? I’ve asked multiple dealers in my area (and the one I ordered from 6 hours away) and all are stating zero markup on custom orders.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For custom orders even? I’ve asked multiple dealers in my area (and the one I ordered from 6 hours away) and all are stating zero markup on custom orders.
Yes even for custom orders. Their justification is other dealers across the country are doing it. They would be stupid not to.

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One with a reservation I made 8/13/21 and one that had no reservation. All I've learned is that allocation is the biggest constraint at this point. The reservation system really means next to nothing.

The build is pretty easy - a 2022 4 door Badlands with 2.7, Sasquatch package, and high package. No other options selected. Soft top.

The first order was placed 12/10 at a large Central Texas dealership it was tied to my reservation and I have heard nothing since the order went through. According to the Ford site, it is not scheduled for production. The second order was placed 12/23 at a smaller dealership in Lubbock. I received word this morning that I am scheduled for build in early March and received my VIN.

I'm not sure why Ford hasn't tried to take care of reservation holders better, but for anyone that's still waiting and doesn't have a build date - reach out to another dealer and see if you can just order another one. The location I ordered the second one from ordered with no deposit gave me a written agreement that there is no markup.
I hope it wasn't Covert, but I can understand if it was them. They have been no help and have no answers.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope it wasn't Covert, but I can understand if it was them. They have been no help and have no answers.
It was. I have no ill feelings about how they handled my order. Bob is great. My family has purchased 5 vehicles from them in the last 5 years, but he can’t give me any information on eta. When I mentioned my buddy getting a vin in a week, he basically told me there was no way. I sent him the vehicle tracking link showing the VIN and order date and he was in disbelief.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So a dealer gets caught trying to rig the system and gets all of his allocations taken away. What happens to the unknowing victims that still have their order sitting at that dealer? They're the ones who a really getting screwed and might never know it.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One with a reservation I made 8/13/21 and one that had no reservation. All I've learned is that allocation is the biggest constraint at this point. The reservation system really means next to nothing.

The build is pretty easy - a 2022 4 door Badlands with 2.7, Sasquatch package, and high package. No other options selected. Soft top.

The first order was placed 12/10 at a large Central Texas dealership it was tied to my reservation and I have heard nothing since the order went through. According to the Ford site, it is not scheduled for production. The second order was placed 12/23 at a smaller dealership in Lubbock. I received word this morning that I am scheduled for build in early March and received my VIN.

I'm not sure why Ford hasn't tried to take care of reservation holders better, but for anyone that's still waiting and doesn't have a build date - reach out to another dealer and see if you can just order another one. The location I ordered the second one from ordered with no deposit gave me a written agreement that there is no markup.
Right on. This is the major issue. Reservations mean nothing. What you did was smart and if Ford doesn’t change their system many will take out multiple reservations. We have first day reservation holders with these dates you mention.

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a dealer gets caught trying to rig the system and gets all of his allocations taken away. What happens to the unknowing victims that still have their order sitting at that dealer? They're the ones who a really getting screwed and might never know it.
EXACTLY!
Those of us STILL waiting with little communication from our dealership could be unknowing victims of Ford punishing our dealership. Wishing Ford could give us a heads-up.

WHAHAHAHA, yeah, sorry. That's not gonna happen.
Sponsored