Sponsored

As far as suspension, help me understand...

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is the difference between a Base with the Sasquatch package and the 2.7 auto, and the Wildtrak? What are the suspension differences between the two?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChrisMeyers

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. Wildtrak = "widetrack".

Wildtrak is the baja suspension, which is physically wider. The track width is 2" wider. Overall width 3" wider.
But is that really true? The stats say any trim level with Sasquatch package have the same increased width. Its the same. So I am thinking there are other suspension changes and its not that. Correct me if I am wrong.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
The wildtrack simply includes the Sasquatch package built in. Same suspension as a base with the Sasquatch. That's how I interpret it at least.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But is that really true? The stats say any trim level with Sasquatch package have the same increased width. Its the same. So I am thinking there are other suspension changes and its not that. Correct me if I am wrong.
After looking at it more, I now think that the Badlands 33" beadlock wheels probably have a different offset than the Sasquatch beadlocks (the badlands beadlock rings are described as carbonized instead of black beauty). So the track width difference may be entirely explained by 1" greater wheel offset. Total track width increase of 2", total width increase of 3" (wheels+tires)

If that is the case, then there is probably no difference between sasquatch and wildtrak suspension, but only the badlands/wildtrak/FE have the "baja" mode.

This also implies that putting 35" tires on the stock wheels or Badlands beadlocks may have clearance issues.

Last edited:

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The wildtrack simply includes the Sasquatch package built in. Same suspension as a base with the Sasquatch. That's how I interpret it at least.
Agreed.. I don't think there is ANY difference between the Sasquatch suspensions systems... I think the price difference between the Badlands and Wildtrak is attributable to the Mid Package, Sasquatch, and 2.7/Auto.

The Badlands seems to have its own suspension system
"Unique Badlands suspension with front stabilizer bar disconnect"

I think the Wildtrak is more luxurious than a Badlands but missing the swaybar disconnect, rock rails and steel bumpers.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After looking at it more, I now think that the Badlands 33" beadlock wheels probably have a different offset than the Sasquatch beadlocks (the badlands beadlock rings are described as carbonized instead of black beauty). So the track width difference may be entirely explained by 1" greater wheel offset. Total track width increase of 2", total width increase of 3" (wheels+tires)

If that is the case, then there is probably no difference between sasquatch and wildtrak suspension, but only the badlands/wildtrak/FE have the "baja" mode.

This also implies that putting 35" tires on the stock wheels or Badlands beadlocks may have clearance issues.
I don't see the Badlands with 33"s having beadlocks

Ford Bronco As far as suspension, help me understand... Badlands wheels.JPG

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrack is wider stance for desert running.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrack is wider stance for desert running.
Everytime they have shown the larger wheels they have had Methods. I just put method wheels on my truck which gave me more back spacing. Sticking my tires out a bit wider.

It’s probably just the offset of the wheels that come with Sasquatch.

jmac

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ cruzer
Remember to social distance space of 6'! Wider track please!!!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the descriptors for the Badlands has it starting with a Big Bend pakage, but further reading has the Badlands more like an optioned out Black Diamond.

Also, Big Bend, Black Diamond and Badlands all have two wheel choices for the Sasquatch package.
17" high gloss painted forged aluminum w/
Black beauty ring, bead lock capable
or
warm alloy beauty ring, bead lock capable

The same Sasquatch descriptor does not mention the Base model.

Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick question, maybe. I The SAS wheels are "bead-lock capable" but that does not tell me the tires on the vehicle are bead locked. Anybody know?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Quick question, maybe. I The SAS wheels are "bead-lock capable" but that does not tell me the tires on the vehicle are bead locked. Anybody know?
You have to purchase the bead lock ring seperately from Ford Performance parts and replace the cosmetic ring that is standard if you want to bead lock the tires.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to purchase the bead lock ring seperately from Ford Performance parts and replace the cosmetic ring that is standard if you want to bead lock the tires.
"Insert sound of explosion..."

Thank you, that was the sound of my mind being blown!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"Insert sound of explosion..."

Thank you, that was the sound of my mind being blown!
Someone said (maybe on even on this thread) that you are not legally allowed to drive around with bead locks on the road... thus the "Capable"

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Wheel offset as you say maybe the key.
Sponsored