Sponsored

As much as it pains me to write this, I think that I have finally been pushed too far...

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Even having a day two reservation, I knew that this process would take time. So, I settled in the the "long haul". Having said that, given the highly optioned Wild Trak build that I ordered in February 2021, I was soon pushed to the 2022 pile. Then, shortly thereafter and with Ford's ongoing hardtop issues (I ordered dual tops with painted hard top), my build was pushed to the 2023 pile. "OK, that's not cool, but whatever..." Then, the ultimate insult came this past Friday when my dealer called to convert my order from the existing 2021 to....well who knows at this point. During our brief conversation, he informed me that the Antimatter Blue that I wanted from day one and, in fact, ordered my Wild Trak to be, has now been discontinued by Ford. Call me crazy, but that is the equivalent of a major smack to the face of a customer who had been ready and able to fork over north of $64,000 for a new Bronco. I have never seen such a disaster of a product launch. I'm sure there have been some, but none in which I had a personal stake. I have not yet cancelled my order and received my deposit back, but I'm eyeing my phone as I tap this out. Looking for any logical reason why I should not do so at this point.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would 100% go with the Defender if I was spending $64k+. The Bronco interior is not worth that. I limit myself to $50k on the Bronco and the interior is still not worth that. Lol

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry you're just finding out about Antimatter Blue being discontinued. They announced it a couple months ago.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What does it cost to wait, if you can wait?

For me, I don't need the Bronco, so waiting is a very minor frustration, but no big deal really. If I needed this car for transportation or as a replacement for another vehicle, my perspective would be different.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks FANTASTIC!
I have a D90 reserved with a build day of Jan 22 and delivery of March. If it beats the Bronco here I am taking that and cancelling my Bronco.

While I wont be shocked if the D90 gets pushed on me I still think I will likely have it before my Bronco (Day 2 Res. WT, 2dr, Lux, Sas with leather in A51).

Sponsored
OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What does it cost to wait, if you can wait?

For me, I don't need the Bronco, so waiting is a very minor frustration, but no big deal really. If I needed this car for transportation or as a replacement for another vehicle, my perspective would be different.
I am similarly situated. But the discontinuing of a color is a big deal (regardless of when it was announced). It's simply insulting for someone willing to wait.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even having a day two reservation, I knew that this process would take time. So, I settled in the the "long haul". Having said that, given the highly optioned Wild Trak build that I ordered in February 2021, I was soon pushed to the 2022 pile. Then, shortly thereafter and with Ford's ongoing hardtop issues (I ordered dual tops with painted hard top), my build was pushed to the 2023 pile. "OK, that's not cool, but whatever..." Then, the ultimate insult came this past Friday when my dealer called to convert my order from the existing 2021 to....well who knows at this point. During our brief conversation, he informed me that the Antimatter Blue that I wanted from day one and, in fact, ordered my Wild Trak to be, has now been discontinued by Ford. Call me crazy, but that is the equivalent of a major smack to the face of a customer who had been ready and able to fork over north of $64,000 for a new Bronco. I have never seen such a disaster of a product launch. I'm sure there have been some, but none in which I had a personal stake. I have not yet cancelled my order and received my deposit back, but I'm eyeing my phone as I tap this out. Looking for any logical reason why I should not do so at this point.
Switch to the standard MIC top and have it painted locally won't have the removal windows in the back, but at this stage one wonders if a Mod top will become a reality. For soft top just buy and after market or one from the dealer after delivery.
This would get you your Bronco before spring. Your not going to get Anti matter Blue, but they still have black and it's pretty close to the AMB

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If your looking at two years out before delivery I would keep the order and get something fun to drive now. You can always back out down the road. That is what we did. We went back and forth several times about keeping our order and ended up keeping it. Glad we did.

Also, I changed my order to make sure it got to us this year because we wanted Area 51. I wasn't sure if it was going to return next year.
Sponsored