Sponsored

As much as it pains me to write this, I think that I have finally been pushed too far...

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am similarly situated. But the discontinuing of a color is a big deal (regardless of when it was announced). It's simply insulting for someone willing to wait.
I agree. Ford should not have accepted orders that they had no intention of selling only to keep us on the hook. And of course they still practice this as we wait. Folks are ordering 2022 Broncos that will never get built. It will work out for Ford but I think many will walk and never look back.
Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Even having a day two reservation, I knew that this process would take time. So, I settled in the the "long haul". Having said that, given the highly optioned Wild Trak build that I ordered in February 2021, I was soon pushed to the 2022 pile. Then, shortly thereafter and with Ford's ongoing hardtop issues (I ordered dual tops with painted hard top), my build was pushed to the 2023 pile. "OK, that's not cool, but whatever..." Then, the ultimate insult came this past Friday when my dealer called to convert my order from the existing 2021 to....well who knows at this point. During our brief conversation, he informed me that the Antimatter Blue that I wanted from day one and, in fact, ordered my Wild Trak to be, has now been discontinued by Ford. Call me crazy, but that is the equivalent of a major smack to the face of a customer who had been ready and able to fork over north of $64,000 for a new Bronco. I have never seen such a disaster of a product launch. I'm sure there have been some, but none in which I had a personal stake. I have not yet cancelled my order and received my deposit back, but I'm eyeing my phone as I tap this out. Looking for any logical reason why I should not do so at this point.
If your willing to fork over 64k or more, I would go with the Bronco Raptor. It will be everything that the wild trak was aiming for but on steroids from the factory.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bailed a while ago and bought a Tacoma. A new vehicle was a need and not a want and I couldn't wait through Ford's drawn out process.

Do what you need to do.

I've been happily driving my new truck for a month now. Maybe someday when it's easy to buy a Bronco I will....but I'm honestly glad to be off the ride for now.

I paid much less for this truck than I would for my Bronco build.

Ford Bronco As much as it pains me to write this, I think that I have finally been pushed too far... 20210923_112326

OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If your willing to fork over 64k or more, I would go with the Bronco Raptor. It will be everything that the wild trak was aiming for but on steroids from the factory.
Definitely worth considering.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would 100% go with the Defender if I was spending $64k+. The Bronco interior is not worth that. I limit myself to $50k on the Bronco and the interior is still not worth that. Lol
Well having the Lux package with 12" screen helps some of that cost pain. My build isn't to far off from his but it will have all the goodies. Overtime I may look at replacing some of the cheaper interior bits as i like a good interior too.

Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m also a Day 1 res holder with a Bronco stuck in Detroit for the last 112 days. I did my homework and figured out how and where to make a buildable build.
Changing the build is always an option. But if I was spending $60k I would not want to compromise my desired build. It is just a bad situation for everyone really.

Some people only want a Bronco, which I totally understand. I would be equally happy with a Wrangler. So if my build gets pushed I will order a Wrangler and maybe circle back with Bronco in 5 years when Ford catches up.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Even having a day two reservation, I knew that this process would take time. So, I settled in the the "long haul". Having said that, given the highly optioned Wild Trak build that I ordered in February 2021, I was soon pushed to the 2022 pile. Then, shortly thereafter and with Ford's ongoing hardtop issues (I ordered dual tops with painted hard top), my build was pushed to the 2023 pile. "OK, that's not cool, but whatever..." Then, the ultimate insult came this past Friday when my dealer called to convert my order from the existing 2021 to....well who knows at this point. During our brief conversation, he informed me that the Antimatter Blue that I wanted from day one and, in fact, ordered my Wild Trak to be, has now been discontinued by Ford. Call me crazy, but that is the equivalent of a major smack to the face of a customer who had been ready and able to fork over north of $64,000 for a new Bronco. I have never seen such a disaster of a product launch. I'm sure there have been some, but none in which I had a personal stake. I have not yet cancelled my order and received my deposit back, but I'm eyeing my phone as I tap this out. Looking for any logical reason why I should not do so at this point.
Welcome to the party my man feel bad for you and others that were actually on board for the AMB seemed like you were a rare breed and now extinct in this market better to spec out a unit that will get built and flip it for your troubles

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would bet dollars to donuts that the Raptor and the Everglades will just be another shit show!

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Changing the build is always an option. But if I was spending $60k I would not want to compromise my desired build. It is just a bad situation for everyone really.

Some people only want a Bronco, which I totally understand. I would be equally happy with a Wrangler. So if my build gets pushed I will order a Wrangler and maybe circle back with Bronco in 5 years when Ford catches up.
No argument there. But neither of my builds are under 50k, the second one is even higher with 2.7, SAS, Lux.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW, $64K for a loaded Bronco to me is a lot better than a more $$ base trim Defender. I priced those out and in order to get it where I would really want it would push it atleast $20K north of the most expensive Bronco. So not really a good comparison.

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would bet dollars to donuts that the Raptor and the Everglades will just be another shit show!
i was thinking the same thing has anyone ordered a raptor yet?

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No argument there. But neither of my builds are under 50k, the second one is even higher with 2.7, SAS, Lux.
Has either Bronco been delivered? If not, I think that is a shame as well. I ordered a lowly base model. Why Ford would deliver a base before one of the highly optioned models is beyond me.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Definitely worth considering.
I am supposed to be getting my FE Bronco by the end of this month, if they add an ADM that is north of 3k then I will probably walk away from it. Really shouldn't have to be worrying about that because we were clear with each other on the price, but If it happens and I walk away then I would be looking at the 392 Wrangler or the Bronco Raptor. After everything though, if my dealer screws me out of the Bronco then I don't know how I feel about ever buying a Ford. This was going to be my first Ford vehicle.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure If you're aware, but you can't get a mod top until model year 2023

Do you have high or lux?
Is it the materials you don't like, or design?
BD’s only available to upgrade to Mid package.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has either Bronco been delivered? If not, I think that is a shame as well. I ordered a lowly base model. Why Ford would deliver a base before one of the highly optioned models is beyond me.
Neither. The 1st is still waiting for a Built email. The other goes into production next month. At this point, the Sasquatch will come out of hiding first.
Sponsored