Sponsored

As much as it pains me to write this, I think that I have finally been pushed too far...

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right I am aware of the Mod top moving to 2023. This knucklehead I was speaking with at the dealership said he did not know anything about the modular top.

I ordered the Lux Package. Not sure what you mean about "Is it the materials you don't like, or design?"
My message was for @SamG
Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good luck, I hope you see them both soon.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even having a day two reservation, I knew that this process would take time. So, I settled in the the "long haul". Having said that, given the highly optioned Wild Trak build that I ordered in February 2021, I was soon pushed to the 2022 pile. Then, shortly thereafter and with Ford's ongoing hardtop issues (I ordered dual tops with painted hard top), my build was pushed to the 2023 pile. "OK, that's not cool, but whatever..." Then, the ultimate insult came this past Friday when my dealer called to convert my order from the existing 2021 to....well who knows at this point. During our brief conversation, he informed me that the Antimatter Blue that I wanted from day one and, in fact, ordered my Wild Trak to be, has now been discontinued by Ford. Call me crazy, but that is the equivalent of a major smack to the face of a customer who had been ready and able to fork over north of $64,000 for a new Bronco. I have never seen such a disaster of a product launch. I'm sure there have been some, but none in which I had a personal stake. I have not yet cancelled my order and received my deposit back, but I'm eyeing my phone as I tap this out. Looking for any logical reason why I should not do so at this point.
i just received my Bronco (what an incredible vehicle it is ) and it’s well worth the wait..2023 you say? ..my guess is you will end up finding a color you like even more than the anti-matter blue..because that’s how things work.

Reactions: Rpm

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i just received my Bronco (what an incredible vehicle it is ) and it’s well worth the wait..2023 you say? ..my guess is you will end up finding a color you like even more than the anti-matter blue..because that’s how things work.
What was your build?

OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has either Bronco been delivered? If not, I think that is a shame as well. I ordered a lowly base model. Why Ford would deliver a base before one of the highly optioned models is beyond me.
Man, I think everyone should get the Bronco they ordered within a reasonable time frame, no matter the option level. It's just crazy how completely out of control this things has gotten with Ford. This would be my first ever Ford vehicle and.........what an experience.

Sponsored

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Even having a day two reservation, I knew that this process would take time. So, I settled in the the "long haul". Having said that, given the highly optioned Wild Trak build that I ordered in February 2021, I was soon pushed to the 2022 pile. Then, shortly thereafter and with Ford's ongoing hardtop issues (I ordered dual tops with painted hard top), my build was pushed to the 2023 pile. "OK, that's not cool, but whatever..." Then, the ultimate insult came this past Friday when my dealer called to convert my order from the existing 2021 to....well who knows at this point. During our brief conversation, he informed me that the Antimatter Blue that I wanted from day one and, in fact, ordered my Wild Trak to be, has now been discontinued by Ford. Call me crazy, but that is the equivalent of a major smack to the face of a customer who had been ready and able to fork over north of $64,000 for a new Bronco. I have never seen such a disaster of a product launch. I'm sure there have been some, but none in which I had a personal stake. I have not yet cancelled my order and received my deposit back, but I'm eyeing my phone as I tap this out. Looking for any logical reason why I should not do so at this point.
The only product launch that rivals the Bronco for failure is New Coke. At least the Bronco seems like a good product when you can get yours.

OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Point taken. And you might be right on the money here.

OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am supposed to be getting my FE Bronco by the end of this month, if they add an ADM that is north of 3k then I will probably walk away from it. Really shouldn't have to be worrying about that because we were clear with each other on the price, but If it happens and I walk away then I would be looking at the 392 Wrangler or the Bronco Raptor. After everything though, if my dealer screws me out of the Bronco then I don't know how I feel about ever buying a Ford. This was going to be my first Ford vehicle.
Same here. First Ford ever for me.

Reactions: Rpm

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
BTW, $64K for a loaded Bronco to me is a lot better than a more $$ base trim Defender. I priced those out and in order to get it where I would really want it would push it atleast $20K north of the most expensive Bronco. So not really a good comparison.
What? I pretty much fully loaded a Defender 90 for 56K, the 110 is like 60? Unless you’re talking about an air suspension Defender X, even the 110 with the V6 is 68K. The only reason it’s not a good comparison is because the defender is WAYYYY nicer than the Bronco when it comes to gadgets and interior quality. The Bronco doesn’t feel like a 60K car, the defender does.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A stock Defender is going to suffer a tire puncture if you look at a cement parking barrier or 90° curb wrong, evidenced TFLs misadventures.
Everyone knows LR/RR sells specifically to tall, hot Ukrainian women who are married or involved with shady underworld types anyways...

Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My son-in-law is shopping for a Defender - it's a great on-road off-roader. It's perfect for him because a gravel road is about as off-road as he'll get.

MZBHAVN

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor, 2016 JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same here. First Ford ever for me.
Say it aint so…. Just left the dealer as my 2020 Raptor that has been a 52k miles pavement queen needs a rebuilt rear differential. Its a Ford thing, love them but…..
Sponsored