Sponsored

As much as it pains me to write this, I think that I have finally been pushed too far...

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they'd be crazy not to offer that top versatility at some point. But, who knows?...
I have had 3 Land Rovers and loved them. However, when they tried a convertible (Evoque) man was it fugly….looked like that convertible Murano!

BTW - Land Rovers ride fantastic and I haven’t experienced the reliability issues people love to mention on this forum but I also go the CPO route for the extended warranty. Dealerships tend to be more responsive to fix issues too. Judging by the last 16 months or so Ford and this Bronco aren’t looking so hot on the reliability factor right now though (read the Motor Trend SUV Year writeup)…not ready for consumers - ouch.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Unless you are in love with the Bronco, just go get something else.

Defender on 35s.
1634583883695.png
Like others, Ford's launch failure has allowed us to consider alternatives, first time I priced the Defender, Interesting, same price as a Badlands and it has air ride suspension, thanks for the tip.

Ford Bronco As much as it pains me to write this, I think that I have finally been pushed too far... Screenshot_20211018-184904_Chrome

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have had 3 Land Rovers and loved them. However, when they tried a convertible (Evoque) man was it fugly….looked like that convertible Murano!

BTW - Land Rovers ride fantastic and I haven’t experienced the reliability issues people love to mention on this forum but I also go the CPO route for the extended warranty. Dealerships tend to be more responsive to fix issues too. Judging by the last 16 months or so Ford and this Bronco aren’t looking so hot on the reliability factor right now though (read the Motor Trend SUV Year writeup)…not ready for consumers - ouch.
Please explain what the CPO route is?

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't give two shits if "the world is getting their bronco before me"... I couldn't care less. BUT, I do expect a much higher level of performance out of any company with whom I am spending significant money.
[/QUOTE
I agree, we all do.

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please explain what the CPO route is?
Sure. Land Rover has a great Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Program. Times are obviously bizarre for used cars now but pre-COVID, nearly new Range Rovers are plentiful down here in South Florida. I’d rather let someone else eat the initial depreciation.

Buying a CPO gets you the balance of the original factory warranty (4yr/50k) plus an additional 1-2yrs and up to 100k miles covered. My current Range Rover Sport has every option I wanted and only had 3k miles on it after a 5-month personal lease. One before that was technically 3 years old but had 10k miles and looked brand new. When the CPO coverage runs out, I would just get another CPO. I’ve got coverage until the fall of 2023 on my current one.

https://www.landroverusa.com/certified-pre-owned/index.html

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If your willing to fork over 64k or more, I would go with the Bronco Raptor. It will be everything that the wild trak was aiming for but on steroids from the factory.
Eh, I'd wager we'd be lucky for MSRP to start at 60 for a Braptor, and not a chance there's going to be any for less than a 10K markup, if not more.

The local dealer has a couple so I stopped for a sit in them. Worst thing is the front winshield. It's just too short and the frame blocks much of the view, perhaps more than Wrangler. The overall interior is just OK. The outside is boxy, more than Wrangler and on the trail or mall parking lot it has more exposed body than Wrangler. I do like the Bronco but there is just no "WOW" over it. Power is only adequate, rear seat does not fold flat at all, front visibility is really not good, fuel tank is a little small, the spare tire will probably kill the tailgate. Who knows what it's like to service one. That MIC roof is just not getting it for me. But,,,congrats to all that got one and love it. I guess I am expecting too much for $60K+. Maybe when there are more out there and they are just great. The trans and gears should be great. For a sure thing the 4Runner is there fully loaded at $52K about. I like the D90 but not the baggage it comes with. The Ranger needs the 2.7 turbo or bigger but might be a good dirt roader. Oh well, it's all 1st world problems.
Sounds like you don't like anything about it, half of which you'd have realized in pictures, so are you even still in line?

As for 4 Runner, to each his own, but I wouldn't want to pay 52k for a largely 11-year old product.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well today started out with some frustration trying to contact my dealer about updating my order. Finally after several voice mails and E-mails he came back to me. I kept the WildTrak. I changed the color to Hot Pepper Red, added the roof rack and rails and I changed to the MIC hard top. I will go an buy an aftermarket HT or if Ford ever produces the Modular Painted HT I might buy one from them. We shall see how long the Charlie Foxtrot goes on.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Even having a day two reservation, I knew that this process would take time. So, I settled in the the "long haul". Having said that, given the highly optioned Wild Trak build that I ordered in February 2021, I was soon pushed to the 2022 pile. Then, shortly thereafter and with Ford's ongoing hardtop issues (I ordered dual tops with painted hard top), my build was pushed to the 2023 pile. "OK, that's not cool, but whatever..." Then, the ultimate insult came this past Friday when my dealer called to convert my order from the existing 2021 to....well who knows at this point. During our brief conversation, he informed me that the Antimatter Blue that I wanted from day one and, in fact, ordered my Wild Trak to be, has now been discontinued by Ford. Call me crazy, but that is the equivalent of a major smack to the face of a customer who had been ready and able to fork over north of $64,000 for a new Bronco. I have never seen such a disaster of a product launch. I'm sure there have been some, but none in which I had a personal stake. I have not yet cancelled my order and received my deposit back, but I'm eyeing my phone as I tap this out. Looking for any logical reason why I should not do so at this point.
How did this happen man?? ‘23??? Was the wildtrack the highest demand? Makes no sense - ive seen people on here w a aug 21 res and sept order, and getting vins for Nov.

OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How did this happen man?? ‘23??? Was the wildtrack the highest demand? Makes no sense - ive seen people on here w a aug 21 res and sept order, and getting vins for Nov.
I wish I knew bro. Super frustrating. HOWEVER, having said what I said here, my dealer reached out to me today and successfully talked me off the cliff. The only major changes (which were pretty big vs what I started with) were changing the color (went from AMB to Cyber Orange) and now ordering soft top ONLY. He entered it as an order code 10 (which I believe is a good sign), so I'm giving it one more shot. Fingers crossed.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I originally started this journey for a new off roader in August 2019 with plans to get a new Defender 90, as I currently own a 99 Disco.

However, the Bronco got on my radar in early 2020 and the thought of taking off the top and proudly driving a Ford after years of that Disco and BMWs......

Well, in the end, it's a Ford man, so this means you have to deal with, well..... Ford. There are indeed some positives here, but there's a ton of bad as well, as in the fact that it has never been an efficient company. At least Ford hasn't been efficient since the late 60's; since then it's been hit or miss all over. I'd hope that everyone here has realized who we're working with, but perhaps not all at the same level of knowledge of what this company is.

The launch has been a dumpster fire, but I'd argue that all Ford launches are dumpster fires, with many ongoing as such.

Then there's Land Rover...... Not exactly what I'd call a godsend. They are equally inefficient and the new Defender is a mall crawler, hipster who likes to go hike, but nothing over 2 miles and nothing uphill and don't even bring up climbing a mountain. He's a fancy IPA guy, even on game day and doesn't do dive bars at all. He's also married, and even when in Vegas on a guy trip, still won't even play wing man just for fun. What a ........! 😒

Keeping with my "bro" analogy, Bronco is just like that dude. Who? Who knows, who cares? But it's that dude who may not totally have his life together, nor is great at relationships, but he's fun, he drinks, he climbs mountains on the weekends and is always down to do whatever the fu@k, but he's always late and forgets some of his gear, and he'll go in the cooler and drink your beer, but he's holding some grass, so he gets a pass.

Those reading this far get my point here? Comes down to which "bro" do you really want to hang out with?

There's your answer. ;)
Lol I got a bone to pick with you

Sponsored

Yogadog

Badlands
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG E63s wagon, Jeep Cherokee, LR Defender, 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you are in love with the Bronco, just go get something else.

Defender on 35s.
Ford Bronco As much as it pains me to write this, I think that I have finally been pushed too far... Screenshot_20211018-184904_Chrome
This is what I am considering. My husband has a LR Defender x that arrived about 2 months after we ordered it. We absolutely love the thing. I wanted the Bronco because of the removable top. I am very close to ordering a Defender for myself. Matching his and hers would be cute, right?!
Sponsored