First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After playing with B&P and features on different models, the Base model is where I am currently landing. Here is how I got there.
Originally I was going Badlands, MT, Sasquatch and Mid-package. I was going to have the high-performance tune done to offset the lesser hp/torque of the 2.3L engine. But then it was announced that if you wanted MT and SAS, you were going to the back of the list. Just to see the vehicle in the configurator, I added the SAS package and noticed that they were only charging $1,895 for both 2.7L and auto. Considering I was planning to spend $825 to get the performance tune, I am getting auto/2.7L for about a grand. The pricing of $1,895 might be a mistake on B&P, so this might change me going with auto.
Anyway, as I lined the up the difference between the BD and BL, both with SAS, the only difference seemed to be the Stabilizer Bar Disco (let me know if I'm missing something). Not worth $4K for me, since I probably wont' be doing any serious rock crawling. So then I was definitely going with the BD.
But then, I lined up the specs between a Base and BD, both with SAS. Ignoring the vinyl/washout interior for now, the differences were Auxiliary switches, bash plate, modular/steel bumpers and rock rails. Well, I can add those for $1,615. I had to ask myself, is the wash out interior worth $5K? None of the Jeeps I've owned had wash out interiors, even though I've washed them out many times. Hopefully the carpeting is as easy to remove and put back as it is in the Wrangler. I'm assuming all the model have drain plugs. Does anyone know?
There are only a couple of things I know I'll be giving up. Can't get either of the colors I really liked (Area 51 or Cactus Grey) or any of the Mid/High/Lux packages. As far as the packages, I've never had a car with any of those features and you can't miss what you've never had. My current daily driver is a '67 Camaro and before that a Wrangler Sport.
So there you have it. As of today, I'm looking at getting a Base model. I've saved $12K off where I started and will be able to get my Bronco, hopefully, in time for next summer. I can use that $12K when cool aftermarket products start coming out.
Let me know if I am missing something.
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So there you have it. As of today, I'm looking at getting a Base model. I've saved $12K off where I started and will be able to get my Bronco, hopefully, in time for next summer. I can use that $12K when cool aftermarket products start coming out.
Let me know if I am missing something.
I have been considering the same (BL or base). There is a lot of appeal to the base 2dr squatch since it is such a great value and will be fun to upgrade.

These are the two things that bug me the most about the base, since they make it inferior to the Badlands/Rubicon offroad capability (until the aftermarket has solutions).
1 - HD steel skid plate for engine/transmission/transfer case/swaybar (BD/BL, $395 option on WT)
2- pushbutton swaybar disconnect (manual disconnect OK, but not same class as Rubicon/BL)

Cosmetic differences that will be easy to fix (if desired) with aftermarket or Ford parts:
Rear steel bumper, front grill, signature lighting, privacy glass, rock rails, leather or other seat covering, tow hitch/wire, center grab handle, badlands sticker (joking).

Stuff you won't get, or not cost effective to upgrade:
leather steering wheel, mud/crawl/baja goat modes, high-level instrument cluster, Mid+ features

mountainbiker90

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really want to know if the Sasquatch package will get the cutting brakes and the other trail features with the 2.7 and auto. I don't care about the goat modes or advanced transfer case bit it looks like that is required for the lower T-case gearing. Planning on a 2dr base Sasquatch with the 2.7 and auto. Have no idea why Ford didn't show a trailer hitch option, unless I missed it, but will wait for aftermarket bumpers and rock skis.

OP
OP
mrcx

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been considering the same (BL or base). There is a lot of appeal to the base 2dr squatch since it is such a great value and will be fun to upgrade.

These are the two things that bug me the most about the base, since they make it inferior to the Badlands/Rubicon offroad capability (until the aftermarket has solutions).
1 - HD steel skid plate for engine/transmission/transfer case/swaybar (BD/BL, $395 option on WT)
2- pushbutton swaybar disconnect (manual disconnect OK, but not same class as Rubicon/BL)

Cosmetic differences that will be easy to fix (if desired) with aftermarket or Ford parts:
Rear steel bumper, front grill, signature lighting, privacy glass, rock rails, leather or other seat covering, tow hitch/wire, center grab handle, badlands sticker (joking).

Stuff you won't get, or not cost effective to upgrade:
leather steering wheel, mud/crawl/baja goat modes, high-level instrument cluster, Mid+ features
I wish we knew what the "low-level" instrument cluster is going to look like. I haven't been able to find it yet.
Sponsored