De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a 2017 manual car, its not going anywhere and most likely the last stick car I own unless I find a money tree then I would pick up a new GT4.

front_nose.jpg
Unfortunately, socks and sandals take away the cool points earned by driving a car stick.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Unfortunately, socks and sandals take away the cool points earned by driving a car stick.
I dont wear shocks, but you are correct I will not drive this car in flip flops. Sacrifices made for the greater good.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For the 1980 model year, 35 percent of cars produced for sale in the United States had manual transmissions, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Today, the share is about 1 percent. And just 18 percent of American drivers can drive a stick, according to U.S. News and World Report.
I read in the car history books the reason why the high adoption rates of manuals in 1980 was the comparatively bad mpg the autos had at the time. Oil embargoes and high inflation had people looking for how to save on the gas bill, not that I remember that. ;)

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate automatics. But yeah, a manual on a used car (other than an econo-box) generally drives the price up.

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will always opt for a manual over an automatic!

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting a 4Dr Base 2.7L auto Sasquatch, but...

I also have an October Granger reservation and I will order a

2Dr Base Manual Sasquatch

Not sure If I'll want to afford the second one, but would love to keep the manual for my daughters to use in 10-11 years when they start driving. Manual Sasquatch has a good chance of being collectible imo.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All my cars are manual and will be so until I have a physical impediment that prevents me from driving a manual. Taught the wife to drive a manual years ago, but though she will drive one in a pinch, she never took to a manual. Her daily driver is a bland auto.

Taught my three sons to drive manual trannies, last being my 18-yr old who got his licence last month and insisted he take the test in my manual Audi A3. The driving examiner shook my hand and thanked me for teaching my kids to drive a "standard" ... I'd never heard that term before.

Grew up in India and learnt on a manual. In India, I still own a 1987 Maruti 800 (yes, 800cc 3-cyl manual!!) that I restored, a 2012 Skoda Yeti manual, and a 2007 R56 Cooper S manual that I imported to India which is probably the only manual Cooper S in India. Mini sells only slush boxes in India....

My Bronco Badlands will probably be the last manual I'll buy, and I'll never sell it. Still haven't got a build date yet (Day 2 reservation).

Waiting for my 12-yr old daughter to get her permit so I can teach her to drive a manual on my Bronco!!
Stick/standard/manual.......all general terminology hear on Penn/Ohio border....

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think this Bronco will be collectable really. Still a high percentage of manuals (in comparison to most vehicles), and it is a mass produced, SUV, with a high nostalgia draw now, but likely wont be viewed as a classic.

I don't think I would buy this car for any type of investment. Cool rig, but not something especially collectable is my guess.
Sponsored