Sponsored

As we enter month 24 since reserving, I find myself staring at Jeeps...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Or the steering is midajusted from the factory, and with what Jeep thinks is Quality Control that happens more then you'd think. I test drove two nearly identical Gladiators. One tracked and drove like you'd expect. The other was a jittery mess constantly requiring input to track straight.

Luckily it's a simple fix, but too many people write it off as a "Jeep thing" and think it's normal. Because any issue with a Jeep is just a "Jeep thing" if you're deep enough in the Cult o' Jeep.
I experienced something similar when I was test driving a bunch of engines with Jeeps, the problem was the air pressure and the tires, not the steering. The dealer had the tires pumped up so much that it made the vehicle jittery. Lower the pressure down to something reasonable (like 35 instead of 45) and it really smoothed things out.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jeeps are nice.. I constantly struggle with just keeping mine and swearing off Ford.

Just took my 4 door Rubicon (stock) on a 2,000 mile road trip and it drove beautiful. People that do all that complaining about how they drive either don't know how to drive a solid axle, or they have modified it so bad they screwed up the handling (which isn't jeeps fault)

I can drive mine with 2 fingers..go over bumps in the road with my hands off the wheel and no-issues.

The reason I still want a bronco boils down to just a few things...

1) i have an invoice deal (and price protection) which is hard to get and prices are only going up.

2) lifting my Rubicon to put on 35s opens a can of worms, where my Sasquatch is good to go.

3) Bronco has more creature comforts (minus rear cup holders and rear seat AC) and I'm getting the 360 camera for better trail spotting.

Although, my Jeep has a solid infotainment system, gets 19+ mpg, doesn't leak a drop from the very solid hard top, and has a sound system that puts the Bronco to shame...not to mention more mods/accessories than you can count at much cheaper prices.
Get the 4 dr Lux and you get cupholders

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Uh, wrong. Saying you can learn to drive it straight doesn‘t do anything to change the fact that there is an issue with its drivability. There aren’t countless people on forums complaining about broncos wandering, there’s no learning curve to drive broncos straight. It’s a Jeep thing. Jeep steering is different, and whether you train yourself to not notice it at all, or just live in denial as you do, it doesn’t change the fact that this is a known issue complained about by thousands of people on every Jeep forum.
Now I can appreciate everyone has different opinions, but I'm getting really tired of you telling me I'm wrong or living in denial, when I literally have a Jeep in my driveway that behaves correctly. It doesn't wander, it doesn't bump steer, it takes literally no effort to go down the road straight at any speed. I'd be half tempted to make a video to prove it, and then realize I don't need to prove it.

I'm sorry your experience has been different. And before regurgitate the thousands of other people that have complained, make sure that they haven't modified their Jeep at all, and that includes switching out their tires for stiffer "D" rated ones that don't absorb energy the same as the stocks.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This information is a bit dated.

The Bronco's Sasquatch option has forced Jeep to "improve the breed" by offering a factory solution of the Xtreme Recon package on the Willy and Rubicon trim levels.

Invoice for this package is $3596.

As with the Ford volume dealers, there are several Jeep dealers offering "fly in, drive home" orders for vehicles, with average fixed pricing of 6% below invoice.

There are no current parts/chip constraints on Wrangler builds.

Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 10.11.14 AM.png
I'm unclear as to what you're referring to as dated. We were talking about modifying an existing JL So ordering different options was not on the table.

And as far as the extreme package, not only does Jeep limit that to very specific trims, but they also limit it to very specific engines. For example The last time I checked, you could only get it with the diesel and the 2.0. it's not available with the 3.6, And it's not available for the gladiator.

Ford definitely got Sasquatch right, by offering it to every single trim and engine combination regardless.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you! I do really hope Ford comes through. The reality is I'll already be waiting another month to place a Jeep order, and at that point it will be another 3-4 months to get a 2023 delivered, based on current info.

I could cancel or abandon the Jeep order if there is actual movement with my Bronco order in the next 4-5 month. However, if the Jeep is delivered and the Bronco is STILL not scheduled, we'd be talking about a total 28-29 month wait, interest rates will continue to rise, and there's a good possibility Carvana (where I plan to sell my daily) won't be around by year's end, given current market indicators (stock has dropped 90% year to date, layoffs of 12% of staff, etc).

At a certain point, I'll just have to move on. I've given Ford two years to schedule me, and I'm willing to spot them another couple seasons...
I dont blame you one bit. Life is too short to wait 2 yrs for a vehicle. I wouldve done this long ago

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

...today I rejoined TREAD LIGHTLY to get the old 1% below invoice on a Wrangler

...I talked to a JL owner about likes/dislikes,

...and Jeep just updated their "Build and Price" with info on the 2023 Wrangler.

I've TRIED to be strong, but my 7/14/20 reservation for a 2 door, 7MT, high Sasquatch might not survive the next couple weeks of waiting for a VIN...
Went through the same thing, threw in the towel and couldn't be happier.
The Jeep isn't my DD however and YES the Bronco drives better on road.
Front bumper and winch incoming.
Ford Bronco As we enter month 24 since reserving, I find myself staring at Jeeps... IMG_8742-2

Last edited:

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

...today I rejoined TREAD LIGHTLY to get the old 1% below invoice on a Wrangler

...I talked to a JL owner about likes/dislikes,

...and Jeep just updated their "Build and Price" with info on the 2023 Wrangler.

I've TRIED to be strong, but my 7/14/20 reservation for a 2 door, 7MT, high Sasquatch might not survive the next couple weeks of waiting for a VIN...
Going on 2 years waiting as well. After 1 year decided to buy a 2022 Rubicon and will take Bronco whenever it arrives. The JL is refined very well compared to previous generations. My stock Rubicon does require small steering corrections that after a time become second nature to make. Also the Rubicon 33” tires do have a little shake (from the tire weight I assume) to them when you go over smallish bumps in the road. Last week we drove from Florida to Massachusetts and the Jeep proved to be comfortable and acceptable. I expect the Bronco rack & pinion steering will drive better and not require the small steering corrections. If rock crawling frequently I would stick with the solid front axle, otherwise I feel the IFS will serve my needs better. Having fun with the Jeep and happy to have it while I wait for the Bronco. I did attend Bronco Off Rodeo and the Bronco will rock crawl like hell with Jeep SFA just being a sturdier design for that purpose. Either one will get you where your going just a matter of what floats your boat.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was super impatient while I waited for my Bronco. I did the same thing - Checked out a Wrangler and researched them, as I didn't think I would be able to wait it out.

As soon as I drove one, I knew it wasn't for me. I'm so glad I waited for the Bronco. Yes, it was a long wait, but you forget about that as soon as you get the keys.

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cupholders are kind of my thing, because my 96 Bronco didn't have any. My 2 Door back seat has cup holders on the "wall." I have a 2 Door, Mid, Big Bend.

From my viewpoint, we have owned old broncos, new tacomas, frontiers, and colorados. I have drove several different setups on jeeps and I can say that my current bronco handles the best out of them all. I feels more substantial on the road and I have not had any drifting or wandering on mine. I have not had the chance to experience REAL snow yet, but I drove her 8 hours home on the interstate and she held up gracefully. I'm 2k in and so happy I didn't throw in the towel.

Also, how long do we think they are going to keep producing Broncos? Will this line stick or will it go away again when electric becomes more of a thing?

Last edited:

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same boat, but I jumped off really early because I didn't want to go through another winter/spring with a vehicle that I wasn't confident with on long trips - ironically it was a JK. I beat that thing relentlessly and really never had any major issues, 188k miles, I just didn't trust it for off-roading much towards the end.

I went with a '21 JL Rubicon, and it's way better in terms of steering, no issues at all. This past week I had a '21 JL Sahara as a rental car (it was for work and somehow I lucked up), it was all over the place above 50 mph. So..........I think the steering issues are somewhat a mix of issues - Jeeps are often modified, so that plays into it. There probably are some quality issues that hit a small percentage, and last......people hear it Jeep's have steering issues and it's pre-concieved in their head.

I have had death wobble before, and it's humorous when people say they keep getting death wobble and have to correct it. Death wobble feels like the vehicle is coming apart at the axles, so....it's not something you keep driving long with over and over.
Sponsored