First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey folks! I had already bought an ASFIR tranny skid plate for my Badlands (because Ford must have missed the memo that yes the plastic tranny pan could ALSO use some protection from the elements), and not only did it fit with zero mods with the OEM plates but it also shipped and arrived in a matter of days (all the way from Israel). I then was bummed about all the abuse my crossmember was taking, and was thrilled that ASFIR had plates for the crossmember in production. Even though they indicated that they were "pre" order and that they would be 4-5 weeks out, lo and behold they too shipped and arrived in a matter of days. It took all of about 10 minutes to install both sides...again zero modifications.

With the global pandemic impacting just about everyone everywhere, it is refreshing (and surprising) to find a company that offers Bronco stuff manufactured AND delivered faster than just about any company has been able to do within the US. If you are in the market for skid plates, or even a front bumper extension for a winch, you should check them out.
Ford Bronco ASFIR does it again... 20220705_204608
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey folks! I had already bought an ASFIR tranny skid plate for my Badlands (because Ford must have missed the memo that yes the plastic tranny pan could ALSO use some protection from the elements), and not only did it fit with zero mods with the OEM plates but it also shipped and arrived in a matter of days (all the way from Israel). I then was bummed about all the abuse my crossmember was taking, and was thrilled that ASFIR had plates for the crossmember in production. Even though they indicated that they were "pre" order and that they would be 4-5 weeks out, lo and behold they too shipped and arrived in a matter of days. It took all of about 10 minutes to install both sides...again zero modifications.

With the global pandemic impacting just about everyone everywhere, it is refreshing (and surprising) to find a company that offers Bronco stuff manufactured AND delivered faster than just about any company has been able to do within the US. If you are in the market for skid plates, or even a front bumper extension for a winch, you should check them out.
Ford Bronco ASFIR does it again... 20220705_204608
Man those look good.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man those look good.
And they are much better than the silly OEM crossmember that has a vertical lip on both the leading and trailing edges...I spent some time bending my OEM edges back into shape and repainting them so as to prevent any rusting prior to jumping on the ASFIR skids. The ASFIRs are angled so one can slide over things instead of hearing the dreaded noises angular edges make whilst getting caught up on rocks and things. Very happy overall even though shipping is $$$...but shipping is currently 50% off, the sliders are also on sale, and we get a Bronco forum discount of 5%...so there's that. I have spent a couple hundred bucks on way less useful stuff!

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like their products, but shipping is a killer from overseas
True but no tax and with the current discounts ASFIR has it seemed like a worthwhile purchase even with the shipping (and I was unable to find anything from any other company that is similar). I just figured that if I ever had to replace the crossmember it would more than likely cost more than the ASFIR plate and quickly get beaten up straight away on the next adventure.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's just say you bought aluminum to guard steel. I like the product but scratch my head why not offer a full cover option to begin with.
The tranny skid is aluminum and the crossmember skids are stainless steel.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The tranny skid is aluminum and the crossmember skids are stainless steel.
Didn't realize they chose Stainless Steel for the brace sliders. Don't forget to update this thread after you test them out. I am on the fence about covering the bars vs full coverage.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't realize they chose Stainless Steel for the brace sliders. Don't forget to update this thread after you test them out. I am on the fence about covering the bars vs full coverage.
I love the JCR full coverage concept for the crossmember/tranny slider but it would have meant using ALL JCR sliders (over 1000 and shipping) because they don't make any of their plates for engine/tranny/t-case to fit with OEM plates. Additionally, the plate would cover the cats and I suspect create a lot of heat...and my goal with the open area around them and the Fast Intentions muffler was to shed as much turbo heat as I can. If I had a Bronco without any factory skid plates I would have been tempted to go full JCR (or ASFIR if I wanted to reduce underbody heat).
Sponsored