Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thought I would post a couple photos of how the ASFIR front skid works with a Warn bumper for those that are considering this combo.

The Warn bumper makes contact with the top surface of the tow loops and makes them nearly unusable, which isn't an issue because the warn has beefier integrated tow points.

Adding the ASFIR on and the top edge of the ASFIR plate makes contact with the underside of the tow loops. At first glance I was concerned that the loops were preventing the forward most bolts securing the plate from being fully tightened down but this is not the case. After tightening the screws, the backside of the ASFIR makes solid contact with the Broncos mounting point. I may cut a small circle of material off the skid just to prevent this contact and rubbing. I would have done that with the Warn but I didn't want to compromise the powder coating on the steel Warn bumper and risk having the bumper rust. This isn't a concern with the aluminum ASFIR plate.

Bought a full set of the ASFIR plates and have only installed the front skid but I would not hesitate to recommend these plates. They are super beefy and well designed and made.

Shipping was shockingly fast- came faster from Israel than most domestic US packages do. I always thought DHL was second or third rate compared to UPS and FedEx, but my opinion has changed at least when it comes to their expedited service.

Customer support is first rate as well with ASFIR- very fast and helpful response to any questions.

Ford Bronco ASFIR front skid install pics with Warn bumper 59175757-578A-40ED-B47A-8325ED144C5A

Ford Bronco ASFIR front skid install pics with Warn bumper DBAA0DCC-957A-4EC9-92E4-6AFCDB518E39

Ford Bronco ASFIR front skid install pics with Warn bumper 509B5EAB-1EEF-4AA9-9568-7EEFF5DB78DD
Sponsored

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thought I would post a couple photos of how the ASFIR front skid works with a Warn bumper for those that are considering this combo.

The Warn bumper makes contact with the top surface of the tow loops and makes them nearly unusable, which isn't an issue because the warn has beefier integrated tow points.

Adding the ASFIR on and the top edge of the ASFIR plate makes contact with the underside of the tow loops. At first glance I was concerned that the loops were preventing the forward most bolts securing the plate from being fully tightened down but this is not the case. After tightening the screws, the backside of the ASFIR makes solid contact with the Broncos mounting point. I may cut a small circle of material off the skid just to prevent this contact and rubbing. I would have done that with the Warn but I didn't want to compromise the powder coating on the steel Warn bumper and risk having the bumper rust. This isn't a concern with the aluminum ASFIR plate.

Bought a full set of the ASFIR plates and have only installed the front skid but I would not hesitate to recommend these plates. They are super beefy and well designed and made.

Shipping was shockingly fast- came faster from Israel than most domestic US packages do. I always thought DHL was second or third rate compared to UPS and FedEx, but my opinion has changed at least when it comes to their expedited service.

Customer support is first rate as well with ASFIR- very fast and helpful response to any questions.

Ford Bronco ASFIR front skid install pics with Warn bumper 509B5EAB-1EEF-4AA9-9568-7EEFF5DB78DD

That looks pretty good!

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Which bumper did your Bronco come with? My skid for my base looks different, it has cut outs for the loops.

Ford Bronco ASFIR front skid install pics with Warn bumper PXL_20220621_140320882

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Which bumper did your Bronco come with? My skid for my base looks different, it has cut outs for the loops.

Ford Bronco ASFIR front skid install pics with Warn bumper PXL_20220621_140320882
Did you install the Warn bumper with this skid plate yet?

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you install the Warn bumper with this skid plate yet?
Not yet. My goal is to pick a bumper and have it mounted by the end of June.

As of now, this is the only bumper I know of that has been installed with the Asfir skids.

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great. I plan to install the Warn bumper with winch and 2" lift Ford performance coilovers this week. If the install complete by the weekend I will test it on a highway trip on the way to the mild trail, so I should be able to provide some feedback.

Crossing finder that all parts would play well together. :)
Sponsored