First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know there are various ASFIR posts already but I just wanted to confirm that for any 2-door Badlands owners who are bummed that the factory skids cover mostly all the sensitive bits underneath EXCEPT the transmission, the ASFIR Badlands-specific model (even though it indicates only 4-door) DOES in fact fit the 2-door. Pics of both the skid and the also available bracket that strengthens the t-case factory skid as well that I just installed on my 2-door. Note that the Badlands tranny skid is different than the non-Badlands because the Badlands one is made to install on top of the factory swaybar disconnect unit. ASFIR shipped both within days of my order.

20220402_153658.jpg
20220402_153611.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh and easy install...no drilling or swearing required.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

is made to install on top of the factory swaybar disconnect unit
Does the front portion actually mount to the sway bar skid? I couldn’t tell from Asfir photos if it’s actually mounting there instead of up by the engine skid. Asking because I have a non-BL with mod bumper and oem engine skid. I do not have the oem sway bar skid. This photo from their site looks like it’s only mounted up near engine skid, but your photo looks like it might bolt to sway bar skid.
Ford Bronco ASFIR transmission skid installed on Badlands 2 Door 1648993903343

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there are various ASFIR posts already but I just wanted to confirm that for any 2-door Badlands owners who are bummed that the factory skids cover mostly all the sensitive bits underneath EXCEPT the transmission, the ASFIR Badlands-specific model (even though it indicates only 4-door) DOES in fact fit the 2-door. Pics of both the skid and the also available bracket that strengthens the t-case factory skid as well that I just installed on my 2-door. Note that the Badlands tranny skid is different than the non-Badlands because the Badlands one is made to install on top of the factory swaybar disconnect unit. ASFIR shipped both within days of my order.

Nice! What does that part run?

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! What does that part run?
167 but shipping is about the same...although currently they have 50% off shipping and a 5% discount (bro_5 I believe so all in about 250ish). If you go that route and you have the factory tcase skid I recommend the additional brace they sell for an extra 50 bucks or so.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does it have to be removed or unbolted from the factory front plate to change the oil?

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it have to be removed or unbolted from the factory front plate to change the oil?
On mine it does not because I have a different oil drain plug that I can attach a drain hose to to route the draining oil. With the stock setup, all you'd have to do is remove the engine skid and loosen the two forward tranny skid bolts but you can leave the tranny skid in place. In short, it does not make an oil change any more of a pain than without it.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

167 but shipping is about the same...although currently they have 50% off shipping and a 5% discount (bro_5 I believe so all in about 250ish). If you go that route and you have the factory tcase skid I recommend the additional brace they sell for an extra 50 bucks or so.
Still waiting on my BadSquatch...but protecting some vitals underneath is def on the list!

Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like that it’s not that Jeep red color. Granted nobody should see it. I wish all their products would come with this finished look

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish it didn't go below the sway bar skid plate. Clearance is already not that good and I really don't want to decrease it any more. Also, aluminum gouges over rocks and doesn't slide as well as steel, so being lower and aluminum is a concern. Nice part, but a couple of draw backs.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish it didn't go below the sway bar skid plate. Clearance is already not that good and I really don't want to decrease it any more. Also, aluminum gouges over rocks and doesn't slide as well as steel, so being lower and aluminum is a concern. Nice part, but a couple of draw backs.
My concerns as well but no one else is making a steel plate for the tranny that allows fitment with OEM engine plate and t-case plate. After having used the setup, I can confirm that the tranny plate has very few scuffs....it was the crossmember that took the hits. I bought an ASFIR set of bolt-ons for those as well.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I installed the ASFIR for non disco swaybar on my 2.3. Packaging, shipping hardware, fit and easy install all first rate. The bolt head protectors are a real good design, they counter sink into oversize holes on the skid to present the lowest profile possible. Narrow with nice wings on the sides for reinforcement and to prevent a log/stick/rock from rolling in. The narrow width allows good air flow for trans and crossover pipe cooling and to minimize clearance reduction. There are also 3 nicely placed holes to vent the crossover pipe. The only drawback, and its better with the ASFIR than any other, is it bridges level between the front and mid crossmember. Since the transmission sits several inches higher it would be possible to build a stepped plate, a few inches higher on the front half, but nobody does that.

I probably will never beat on mine like the OP, but it provides piece of mind, albeit for $100 more than I wanted to spend. Free shipping right now.
skid.jpg

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ASFIR shipped both within days of my order.
If i understand correctly, the badlands one fits OVER the OEM disco skid. Would it be possible to remove the OEM disco skid, and use the Non badlands skid?

If not, is it just not deep enough? (couldnt do anything about that). Is the side protection hitting the disco? (could trim)

Asking because it sounds like you ordered the non badlands one and it didn't work
Sponsored