Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right now, just a VIN will do.
Fortunately, I already have a VIN, so aside from that, I think the next thing on Maslow’s Hierachy of Needs is hookers and blow.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get what Ford is trying to do and how they want to include the dealers in trying to reward us for our patience. Everyone I told about getting the hammock and hang in there note thinks it is great. Obviously they haven't been through what we have. For us the frustrations outweigh the swag.

My opinion and we all know what that is worth: I don't care about accessory credit. It isn't going to make a damn bit of difference on what I may purchase. "Hey look it is on sale" type of a thing. That, and I have no idea when I will get my Bronco and won't be purchasing anything for it until I'm driving it and know what I would want to modify or add.

Free service, discount warranty = boring.

Ford doesn't need to give me anything. Yes they screwed this up but damn if everybody wanted retribution for every screw up in my life then I would be totally fffffffffffffff d.

Something special and unique to those that have suffered through it.

Maybe a metal sign for the garage. A retro looking dealer specific sign with the Bronco logo.

I think it was mentioned above but a recovery kit would be cool. Bronco/dealer logo that thing out.

A Bronco specific cooler, camp chairs, expanded tool kit, washable shop towels, survival shovel and hatchet, dart board, a whip (for those that are into that type of thing), golf bag for golfers, neon sign, laid out roadside assistance and first aid kit, etc.

I'm thinking about items that are not just for my Bronco but something that I can use. Not everyone will be in the same situation when it comes time for delivery. Credits for a Bronco may end up being worthless but they still went through the process. Even if they get some cool Bronco swag it will be wotrh something to someone who has one down the line.

I also think it should be proprtionate to the wait. Someone who placed an order without a reservation in July 2021 isn't the same as a 7/13/2020 reservation with 01/2021 order.

7/13/20 reservation, neon sign...................................................Oct 2020 Metal garage sign.................................................................................................................Oh hey the Bronco is cool lets order one July 2021 coffee mug.............................................SOL

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think easiest would be just to give or send out gift cards that can be used anywhere or a card tied into your dealership that can be used for parts or service etc. That way everybody can pick what they want.
Ordering things like tshirts just will have you end up with left over stock unless you ask everyone up front what size they are. And I'd still not want one, doubt I'd ever wear a Bronco hat/shirt/jacket. A good quality duffle bag or backpack could be an other alternative, can always use that.

Maybe easiest is just to give every customer at your place a $200 in store credit they can use for what ever the want. And you don't have to stock up on things that some might not want and you just get yelled at in return. Don't know how easy that's to implement in a dealer's accounting system, but probably not too hard?

I'd be happy with that, use it for service. Don't yet see anything in the accessories catalog I can't get a lot cheaper elsewhere. Don't need Bronco branding on stuff.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Something I won't throw out in a week or two. Durable bag, useful items, etc. Buy it for life crap.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get that you want to get it a personal touch (swag), but I doubt anyone here needs another shirt, bottle or random swag. Spread it evenly across all res holders (pick a cut off date, something that aligns with the March order date or whatever date it was), and give them an accessory credit. Keep it fair and simple. Cool that you asked the community, good luck!

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree a credit toward accessories would be great and put to good use
Yes. The OP can probably improve their parts / accessories sales numbers. Something like, "you're allowed up to $XXX in accessories, from our dealership only."

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Credit or discount on accessories or service. That would fit all of the customers

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How about a new set of rims at 1/2 off? A speciality made bronco carry on bag? For Granger folks they could have a vip hotel package when you pick up your Bronco.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

is the 169 actual placed orders? no 99's? Because I'm seeing dealers commenting the per order amount all over the board ($50-$250 per)

That said, accessories or Gift Cards. Unless you can find some quality item with universal appeal swag is going to be hit or miss, or a handful of items that can be picked from?

A couple hundred off the top while appreciated doesn't *feel* like anything. Ford wants people to feel like they were addressed, at the cost of .6% or less of the selling price :rolleyes:...
Sponsored

Last edited: