Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If $200:
1. Bronco Off-Rodeo guest discount so I don't have to pay full price for my hubby.
2. Accessory credit.

If $1,000:
1. Discount on the future hard top purchase for those of us who switched to the soft top w/prep kit.
Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So as a dealer I want your feedback. Maybe some other dealers here can use it as well. Ford announced a satisfaction program due to the multiple delays in the entire Bronco reservation/ order/ production etc fiasco.

What I/ we would like to know is what you would like to see done with these funds? At my dealership it comes out to almost exactly $200 per ordered unit. So not a ton of money, but it's something.

Personally I would like to see some sort of swag worthy of that cost. I feel like giving it as a discount wouldn't mean much, not to mention we have very little control over when their bronco will actually arrive. I don't want to see the couple of rude and unreasonable people take the lions share and leave the other 98% out to dry.

So any help would be appreciated here. Hopefully we can get some good suggestions.

Thank you!
Store (dealership) credit towards Bronco related accessories or swag upon receiving our Bronco. $$ amount based on length of time the person waited from Order to Delivery date, and only to those who ordered based on the Reservation system...

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
is the 169 actual placed orders? no 99's? Because I'm seeing dealers commenting the per order amount all over the board ($50-$250 per)

That said, accessories or Gift Cards. Unless you can find some quality item with universal appeal swag is going to be hit or miss, or a handful of items that can be picked from?

A couple hundred off the top while appreciated doesn't *feel* like anything. Ford wants people to feel like they were addressed, at the cost of .006% or less of the selling price :rolleyes:...
0.6% or less ***

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everyone thinks theyā€™re getting a grand for whatever they want. Get real and anticipate nothing! If the dealer decides to go through the hassle of getting reimbursed for something consider yourself lucky and donā€™t look a gift horse in the mouth!

Iā€™m just a realist.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like a lot of previous posters have mentioned... a choice.

"Ford has provided us the opportunity to thank you for ordering with us and putting up with this much longer than expected wait. Please let us know which of the following thank-you gifts you would like."

And after reading everyone else's comments, it is interesting how many people have completely opposite feelings about Bronco swag. I love it. But I also like the idea of stuff that I will use, like...

-Bronco recovery gear
-RTic Cooler (or since Ford has a deal with Yeti, can you get Tundra 35s for $200?)
-EZ-Up sun awning
-ARB compressor
-Bronco carry-on suitcase

The fact that Ford mentioned "or their favorite bottle of bourbon", they are expecting you to personalize this. But unlike some of the ingrates here, I think that most people will appreaciate whatever you decide to do, especially since you want to include all of them.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
I "finally" have a VIN number....I have a 4 DOOR Base...which did NOT allow an option of a hitch receiver....can a DEALER install a hitch/wiring onto a BASE 4 door from the accessory catalog....? I may ask about that as my item if possible.....?

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, I love that you are reaching out and looking for suggestions - kudos to you! As you can see, you will never get 100% agreement, but there were some common themes popping up. Since people like different things, I would suggest giving them the choice from maybe a list of 3 things - whether that is $x toward accessories, $x toward service visits, or some gift card/certificate that may be popular in your area.

Now the question is whether you really want to divide this evenly, or maybe have a couple levels, if that is worth the work. Surely some of your customers have 'been through the wringer' and some have put you through the same....just sayin' that not every situation is worthy of the same perks. Then you could offer the same types of things at just different value levels, or just a nominal gift (or nothing) to some who maybe never had much inconvenience or were 'royal pains'.

Good luck. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished, so I do not envy your position. But thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My thoughts on this:
My dealership wasn't the worst for pricing on the Bronco but is not the best for parts and accessories either. Another dealership has ADMs on their Broncos, but also sells all parts & accessories at 10% off MSRP to the public, and some prices are drastically lower than that sometimes, too. (i.e. my This is why any parts & accessories credit tied to my dealership would kind of suck (their parts & accessories are also above MSRP on some things). Here's an example straight from accessories.ford.com with this dealership selected:
Ford Bronco Asking for feedback on what to do with the Ford Customer Satisfaction Money 1630972235996

As for recovery/trail kits, I still have everything from my last 3 Jeeps, even the winch and lights. It would be nice to offer something like that as an option for those who want or need one, but not everyone will want it if they already have existing equipment or won't actually be going offroad.

Tint/Protection films is a good idea, but for $200, depending on where you live, you can get a lot. My tint guy only wants $45 to tint the door windows unless I go ceramic. I could add PPF, but mine being an FE, doesn't it already come with it? Again, an option but not everyone will want it.

As for me personally, I have all but one accessory I want already in my garage, and with existing equipment, here is what I would suggest (based on another Ford Dealership who did this on their own):

Put together a "Bronco Bag" with the following items:
The Helm brand Ford Duffel Backpack duo bag (duffel that also works as a backpack, Bronco logo, runs about $80).
Then have the dealer logo added/screen printed on as well?
or as an alternate: FD201581-CAMO-NONE BFT Camo Cooler bag as the bag to put stuff in.

And fill the bag with some goodies:
FD200879-BLAC-BTTL Bronco Wood Top Stainless Steel bottle
FD201619-BLCK-OSFM Script Journal (Ford Logo'd)
FD201369-WHIT-OSFM and FD201368-WHIT-OSFM Bronco Patches
Add a basic roadside assistance and first aid kit, maybe a Bronco T-shirt and hat...

All of that could come close to about $200, and some of it's useful, and you don't have to worry too much about sizing, mall-terrainers getting use out of it, or other challenges.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All you guys suggesting tint must want some garbage tint, not a lot of dealers use tint worth anything and likely would only add it to the front windows since the rear has privacy glass. If you get tint at least go with ceramic tint to help keep the heat down in the vehicle. Just saying. Oh and I remove garbage dealer tint with adhesive failure bubbles and all. As for what could be done most of the other ideas are good to go but to be honest Iā€™m expecting nothing that way if I get something I will be happy.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I/ we would like to know is what you would like to see done with these funds? At my dealership it comes out to almost exactly $200 per ordered unit. So not a ton of money, but it's something.
I would avoid discounts for accessories/maintenance (about as much fun as getting a coupon for a free dental checkup).

Suggestions:
  • amazon gift card (boring, but universally appreciated)
  • wooden gift box of tasty gourmet snacks (surprisingly memorable if good)
  • small high-quality item, such as a premium pocket knife
  • realistic full-auto blowback air pistol (Idaho!)
Whatever you decide, it is admirable that you are trying to do something for all orders. Since this was publicly disclosed, Ford put you in a bad position. I also wouldn't fault any dealer that used the money to remedy mistakes that were made or to target early orders that were supposed to be in the MY21 allocation but were skipped over and pushed to MY22.

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I "finally" have a VIN number....I have a 4 DOOR Base...which did NOT allow an option of a hitch receiver....can a DEALER install a hitch/wiring onto a BASE 4 door from the accessory catalog....? I may ask about that as my item if possible.....?
Best idea yet including for those of us that sold our souls by deleting the tow just to get a VIN
Sponsored