First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2013 Escape, 1966 Cobra MkIV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can not get enough of this! I am torn between this red and the Antimatter blue.... Come on October so I can build and price out my next baby!!!
Sponsored

1lostCDN

Badlands
First Name
Derrek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Courtesy of Joseph B.

Rapid Red 2-door and Shadow Black 4-door.

I need to see this truck before it gets destroyed! Rapid red is my top choice and I want to see it with the silver top!

ColStrik

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm assuming the top that looks white has some sort of protection over the hideous gray color? That red with a white top would be sweet.
Rapid Red with white top and black trim looks appealing!

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I remembered hearing MIC is significantly lighter than the fiberglass painted top. Should be easier to remove
Yes, I've read that a few times too. I seem to recall weight estimates for the 2 door MIC clamshell being about 30 pounds and for the modular clamshell about 50 pounds.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, I've read that a few times too. I seem to recall weight estimates for the 2 door MIC clamshell being about 30 pounds and for the modular clamshell about 50 pounds.
The weight difference could be because of the pop-out rear windows needing to be beefier/thicker and require metal framing, seals, etc.

Sponsored
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is one extremely very ugly shade of red...:sick: To me looks more like a burnt burgundy.

So strange how we all see things so differently. Different strokes for different folks I guess...:)

YEGDriver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The weight difference could be because of the pop-out rear windows needing to be beefier/thicker and require metal framing, seals, etc.
Someone has said the 2 door doesn't get the removable rear windows. which is a shame. However the 20# difference might be the gunner's hatch. That part might weight 20# and they might be weighing the clamshell part without that attached.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s amazing if the whole clamshell assembly is that light if you are including the lift gate and side glass, which I understand can’t be removed in the 2 door, in that number. I know technology has come along way but I’d be worried about durability if it’s that light. I believe a Jeep Wrangler hardtop is about 150lbs.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is one extremely very ugly shade of red...:sick: To me looks more like a burnt burgundy.

So strange how we all see things so differently. Different strokes for different folks I guess...:)
I’ve seen this one in person on a ranger and how antimatter blue in the direct sun looks blue and in no sun/indirect light goes to black, this one goes red to a brownish burgundy. My wife swore it was brown paint when I told her it is called Rapid Red. RR does have a tinted clear coat so not sure if that plays a role?

alb3rtito705

Badlands
First Name
AL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thought I was set on a color already but after seeing that red im back to square one

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they could just air drop my bronco to my house like an amazon drone that'd be great.

1600984319502.jpeg
I think the Marines have a Kaman drone that could do it.
Ford Bronco Assembly Line Video of 2 and 4 Door Broncos 1601069041806