Espy

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500 Sport
Clubs

Do you have a tape measure? 4door, distance from the left side of the steering wheel to the B pillar.
21” to front of B Pillar

I'd like to confirm that I could sit in a BD without lifting my leg first.
I’m 6’ with 30” inseam. I could not get into the OBX without lifting my leg. The step was interfering. They would only let us climb in one of the two and I was directed to the OBX.

Stepover height of sill is 23” and height of seat is 35”.

With 33” inseam it is possible you can sit in without stepping in.

Advertisement

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Clubs

21” to front of B Pillar

I’m 6’ with 30” inseam. I could not get into the OBX without lifting my leg. The step was interfering. They would only let us climb in one of the two and I was directed to the OBX.

Stepover height of sill is 23” and height of seat is 35”.

With 33” inseam it is possible you can sit in without stepping in.
That's good information. Thank you. Since Black Diamond has no running board and is a hair lower there's still hope. 😂

Espy

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500 Sport
Clubs

If there is a SAS, measure from front of front bumper to back of spare, in other words, total length. Actually, I would even take non-SAS length dimension. I know Ford publishes the length in the spec sheets, but I can’t tell if that includes the spare. Thanks!

Bob
No sas at this event.

OBX measured just over 190” bumper to spare. Take that with a grain of salt; the guy from the marketing team held one end of the tape for me.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
No sas at this event.

OBX measured just over 190” bumper to spare. Take that with a grain of salt; the guy from the marketing team held one end of the tape for me.
Thank you very much!

Bob

Streetfish

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
I wasn’t trolling, I was at an event yesterday. I specifically asked the marketing rep if the back seats recline. I was told they do not. Evidently there is confusion because pictures have been posted with them reclining a small amount. We will see when the production units come out. Sorry for trying to be helpful.
I read on another post that they recline, but just barely 3/4 inch or so. The only reason they recline function is there is that they pretty much need to be straight up and down to fit the doors in the back...and they can recline slightly when you don't have the doors in there.

CT203

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
They actually do. Not a lot, but they do recline.

13E18A30-6575-4F9D-BE49-3EDA70AEB201.jpeg

You can see on top of the seat that the diagram shows you how to make it go back.

A23AAAEE-C131-489A-9075-F60E0B4BEE8C.jpeg
Is the headrest (head restraint) adjustable?? This looks like one of those that is at an uncomfortable angle that forces some drivers heads forward.

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Clubs

Can the display (12") be completely turned off? I can't imagine how much light that will put out at night even when dimmed...
Messed around in a 2021 F150 at work. Brightness in this screen is excellent. I don't see it blinding anyone, or even being obnoxious in the peripheral at all.

DeltaBravo

Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Clubs

Tell them less events and more production

Advertisement