Sponsored

At delivery, how many miles were on your Bronco?

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi. My 2021 FE 2dr had 12 miles upon delivery. I'm a former Ford dealership empl... The odometer starts when the electronics are fully activated on the assembly line. Somebody drives it off the end of the line and parks it in a holding lot. Then it gets loaded onto a carrier. It may then go to a rail yard and get parked, then driven onto a rail car. At the other end of the rail, it gets driven off the rail car and parked. Then it gets driven onto a carrier for delivery to the dealership. It gets driven off the carrier to a holding lot, then to the service department for PDI, then driven to the prep shop, then to the gas station to fill the tank, then the salesperson brings it front and center on delivery day. All of these actions add to the odometer.

NOW - I also know that strange things happen in transit... Vehicles get damaged, and the carrier drives it to a body shop for repair before delivery to the dealership. That could add miles... Rail shipped vehicles sometimes are used by rail yard employees as shuttles. If you have a bunch of miles on your vehicle, and it is all muddied up, this is probably what happened (rail yard employees rode around in your vehicle as a shuttle from the front of the yard to pick up vehicles in the back...)

Take a deep breath, be glad you have your Bronco. There is no recourse or reimbursement for miles added to the clock during shipping....
Sponsored

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Depends how far your dealer lives from the dealership and how many days you wait to pick it up after delivery.

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4.2 miles

Buck₩ild

Black Diamond
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willys, Bronco BD, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Roughly 800km or 500miles

Yes f them I know but was not willing to wait 2yrs for a car so a very close order dropped by.
2022 eruption green Hard top 2 door V6 with hitch, bull bar Black diamond mod bumper and roof rails .
Ontario Canada - there was none like it at the time, all soft tops everywhere.

Jumped on it but it was being used by the dealership's owner and his wife to brag around town - pretty much the dealers across the entire province knew about it cuz it was 300+km away from my place and I had phoned everyone.

So when I bought it, my local dealer already described the vehicle without seeing it when I told him about the place.

There was one scratch on the steering wheel but couldn't debate as was going quite the distance to get it and really a scratch to cancel a gem was not worth it from my personal point of view

Sponsored

HarryHood13

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Land Cruiser, X7, 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco just came in and I stopped by to check it out and it had 77 miles on it. Dealer said they haven’t driven it, but I find it odd that it would have this many miles from the factory. How many miles did yours come with?
76 on mine which I also find odd.

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

71. Given how long mine was at MAP after being built and that it was then transported to another factory 20 miles away I was not surprised to see that kind of mileage
Sponsored