Sponsored

At lease land Rover is listening . check this out.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To me the Land Rover Discover shares a lot of lines with the Explorer, I do believe they share a lot of tech these days especially from the UK factory.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hear it will go from zero to the dealers shop in 30 minutes. It is a Land Rover after all.......:shock: :angel:

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
I do not see how a battery powered, front wheel drive cute-ute will be any sort of competitor to a Wrangler. Last I checked there are no recharge stations in the middle of nowhere. I can carry jerry cans, spare batteries or a 100 yard square solar array, probably not.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
He wants to justify in his mind over paying for a little itty bitty wrangler with a v6 as compared to the new bronco. When as compared to a crew cab f150 or gmc can do so much more for the same price not to mention they are full size trucks.

I suggest he review the electric f150 hauling a train with 70 quarter tons on the rail cars as reference

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
itty bitty wrangler with a v6 as compared to the new bronco.
The Bronco will be almost exactly the same size as the Wrangler...

Sponsored

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So that is why the old full size broncos still sell for 15-20 grand sometimes even more, I was just saying a Jeep Rubicon is 50-60 grand they sticker for about as much as a full sized lariat or platinium does for a mid size suv.. all I was saying

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So that is why the old full size broncos still sell for 15-20 grand sometimes even more, I was just saying a Jeep Rubicon is 50-60 grand they sticker for about as much as a full sized lariat or platinium does for a mid size suv.. all I was saying
Anyone paying $15-$20k on a 1980+ Bronco is an idiot IMO. The first and second gens are the only good ones.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

He wants to justify in his mind over paying for a little itty bitty wrangler with a v6 as compared to the new bronco. When as compared to a crew cab f150 or gmc can do so much more for the same price not to mention they are full size trucks.

I suggest he review the electric f150 hauling a train with 70 quarter tons on the rail cars as reference
just FYI the coefficient of rolling resistance on steel rails is about .001 - .002 so that electric F150 only had to apply about 1000-2000 lbs of force to tow those rail cars.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

As compared to the new Bronco? What new Bronco. ;) Let me know when we can actually buy one, much less even see it unveiled. JL is a reality. Wrangler has been reality for years, only game in town for that sort of vehicle (in the USA), I give Jeep credit for that.

Also I've been pricing a manual JLU base model for a bit over 30 grand. Looks like a Ford F150 4x4 4 door crew cab as you called it, is starting at 38 grand according to Ford web site? And the top/doors don't come off the F150 either. The two are not really comparable, at least for my usage.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You not comparing apples to apples if you will because one is a mid size ute and the other is a full size truck. For the price that some jeep commands you can get full size trucks and SUVs. I am a previous jeep wrangler owner and the wife and I rented a new wrangler in hawaii. They are nice but to say it will be smaller than a bronco is not accurate. This would replace my wifes cx5 again another mid size ute. I need the full size room of a full size truck but that is just my preference in trucks it obviously doesn't reflect my interest in small awd turbo cars.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You not comparing apples to apples if you will because one is a mid size ute and the other is a full size truck. For the price that some jeep commands you can get full size trucks and SUVs. I am a previous jeep wrangler owner and the wife and I rented a new wrangler in hawaii. They are nice but to say it will be smaller than a bronco is not accurate. This would replace my wifes cx5 again another mid size ute. I need t hff e full size room of a full size truck but t hff at is just my preference in trucks it obviously doesn't reflect my interest in small awd turbo cars.
To quote Crispy

Sponsored