Sponsored

At lease land Rover is listening . check this out.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn’t the EXACT same thing Ford is doing???

OP
OP

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not really sure what ford is doing? lots of patent ideas. but no real info from ford. just everyone's guesses. Land rover is beating them to the punch, letting info out. were still guessing what a tail light will look like!

Don't get me wrong I an not interested in a land rover yet anyway! Pretty interesting read.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

038_defender.jpg

I was interested in the new Defender for about 30 seconds until I saw what they planned for the "removable" top. Really hoping the Bronco is more inline with the existing patents.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If the Bronco is anything like the new Defender then I'm probably getting a Mach E ...

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the Bronco is anything like the new Defender then I'm probably getting a Mach E ...
I personally think the Baby Bronco will be pretty similar to the new Defender.

OP
OP

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
removable top isn't a deal breaker for me, (I had leakers Ttops in the past too.) I had a bikini top on my roll bar to windshield, worked great, the dang AC unit blew out three times while i owned that bronco (76). Finally fixed it just before it left. Still my favorite vehicle of all time. The defender 3 cyl would be a complete walk away for me. Of course I'm not sold on small turbo motors either. I know that will set someone off, but i don't mean anything bad, im just not sold on anything 4cyl. except wifes Toyota camry that decision was made purely on timing chain vrs timing belt. But I wouldn't count on that power plant for a 4wd suv.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not really sure what ford is doing? lots of patent ideas. but no real info from ford. just everyone's guesses. Land rover is beating them to the punch, letting info out. were still guessing what a tail light will look like!

Don't get me wrong I an not interested in a land rover yet anyway! Pretty interesting read.
Just what exactly do we know about the '21 Defender? Price? What year it can be "expected" in? Some powertrain guesses? I didn't see anything else there.

And... ummm... none of that info seems to be from Rover. All from an auto mag. Speculation, guessing...

"Autocar reports that the entry-level Defender model will arrive in 2021. It'll be a five-door, believed to be code-named L860, and is expected to start at the equivalent of around $33,000. Its design is predicted to be based on that of the new Defender, so it can be considered a baby Defender.

The L860 will be built on an entirely new platform that will have the ability to support a plug-in-hybrid system, and it's expected to arrive with the new turbocharged or 48-volt hybrid 1.5-liter three-cylinder, likely with front-wheel drive. Four-cylinder engines and four-wheel-drive systems aren't out of the picture, though, according to Autocar.

The baby Defender is meant to rival the likes of other small luxury SUVs such as the BMW X1 and Audi Q3, and it will likely make its way to U.S. shores.

Additionally, the aforementioned luxury version of the Defender is expected to arrive in around four years. Autocar expects it to be launched as a fully electric model starting at upward of $100,000, although we believe that gasoline-powered models will be available as well.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is Ford doing? What trims, packages and prices will Broncos have? How about the vehicle we don't even know the damn name of (Baby/Scout/Maverick/Adventurer) that this Land Rover is supposed to compare more directly with, and is supposed to arrive first by months?

We're about a year from production now (probably much less for the Maverick), and still know only the vaguest outline of what the Bronco will be like. The explanations for why this continues to be necessary or enforced so vigorously are getting pretty thin.

This could probably be bumped over to the 'Versus' forum category.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
move it where you want , i just thought it was interesting , and a 2 door model according to the article will be available.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What is Ford doing? What trims, packages and prices will Broncos have? How about the vehicle we don't even know the damn name of (Baby/Scout/Maverick/Adventurer) that this Land Rover is supposed to compare more directly with, and is supposed to arrive first by months?

We're about a year from production now (probably much less for the Maverick), and still know only the vaguest outline of what the Bronco will be like. The explanations for why this continues to be necessary or enforced so vigorously are getting pretty thin.

This could probably be bumped over to the 'Versus' forum category.
From that article, we know less about the LR than Bronco:

"Autocar reports that the entry-level Defender model will arrive in 2021."
Translation: An author is guessing.

"It'll be a five-door, believed to be code-named L860"
Gee, going out on a limb with that 5-door SUV guess. Followed closely by an unsubstantiated rumor.

"...and is expected to start at the equivalent of around $33,000"
Expected by whom? It's a guess, based on where the author thinks it should slot.

"Its design is predicted to be based on that of the new Defender..."
"Predicted" and "based on". Sound familiar? Codespeak for "we don't actually know anything."

"...so it can be considered a baby Defender."
Admission: we don't know what it's going to be called.

Shall I go on? Just more media fluff to generate ad revenue.

I understand frustration with the secrecy, but to assert that LR is working in a glass laboratory compared to Ford with Bronco is absurd. Absent official information or credible intelligence in the form of video, photos, or documentable insider information, we're no further along with knowing anything about Def Baby or other referenced future products than we are with Bronco.

Read the Autocar article for yourself to see how similar it is to all the speculative journalism on Bronco. Pay attention to how many times the words, "may", "should", "could", "possibly" and other like words appear.

The upside is, I learned a new word: mooted. "With a mooted ÂŁ25,000 entry price for the new car, it means Land Rover must engineer in significant cost savings."

From Merriam-Webster:
Mooted: (v)
1a: to bring up for discussion : BROACH
b: DEBATE

So, the 25000-pound price is up for discussion... meaning they don't know.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't stand the speculative journalism. This awesome article came up on my suggested. Almost nothing known on either vehicle, just click bait.
Screenshot_20191210-072050_Chrome.jpg

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Also, it's a Land Rover.

It will work great for the first 30 meters of the trail, and then it will break, and somehow the headlight will be full of water.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
My buddy implied that just like the Bronco is attacking the wrangler, the baby bronco is directly attacking the Cherokee and has some tricks up it’s sleeve. Just because it will be less capable doesn’t mean it won’t still be a capable vehicle.
Sponsored