Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe it has changed, but my Rubicon wrangler is not the highest package. It's just a package. My jeep wrangler is a 2015, 2 door rubicon or JKR. It has manual windows, manual locks, manual transmission, keyed ignition, no EVIC (electronic vehicle info center for TPMS etc.), no u-connect (bluetooth and usb in to factory radio). The rubicon package adds dana44 front axle, electronic lockers front and rear, 4:10 axle gears, 4:1 transfer case, electronic disconnecting swaybar, different shocks, and maybe springs, BFG KM tires, and some stitching in the seats, maybe. The only other options on my wrangler are the upgraded alpine speakers, and premium (fuzzy) soft top.

All that being said, one thing I dislike most about ford today is their sport models are always optioned out and the most expensive model. I want the electronic crap minimized and the drivetrain maximized.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe it has changed, but my Rubicon wrangler is not the highest package. It's just a package. My jeep wrangler is a 2015, 2 door rubicon or JKR. It has manual windows, manual locks, manual transmission, keyed ignition, no EVIC (electronic vehicle info center for TPMS etc.), no u-connect (bluetooth and usb in to factory radio). The rubicon package adds dana44 front axle, electronic lockers front and rear, 4:10 axle gears, 4:1 transfer case, electronic disconnecting swaybar, different shocks, and maybe springs, BFG KM tires, and some stitching in the seats, maybe. The only other options on my wrangler are the upgraded alpine speakers, and premium (fuzzy) soft top.

All that being said, one thing I dislike most about ford today is their sport models are always optioned out and the most expensive model. I want the electronic crap minimized and the drivetrain maximized.
Rubicon is maximized in capability not necessarily interior niceties. But it does have the basics touchscreen/power locks/doors etc. Most come with a hard top too. I expect the Bronco“raptor” or whatever the top trim is to be quite similar. We’ve already seen 2 different trims of the 35” tire model (one with the rock rails and one without) and even the one without had dif locks etc. and from what we’ve been hearing these are not the “raptor” model but a mid level trim. I have a feeling those who want for capability are not going to be disappointed.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rubicon is maximized in capability not necessarily interior niceties. But it does have the basics touchscreen/power locks/doors etc. Most come with a hard top too. I expect the Bronco“raptor” or whatever the top trim is to be quite similar. We’ve already seen 2 different trims of the 35” tire model (one with the rock rails and one without) and even the one without had dif locks etc. and from what we’ve been hearing these are not the “raptor” model but a mid level trim. I have a feeling those who want for capability are not going to be disappointed.
Good points Nickp. The thing I have been trying to put my finger on is this …….

We saw the 2DR camo "bomber" in the snow with 35's and what look ALOT like Ranger like stamped steel and welded control arms. But then we get a "leaked" photo of a no camo 4DR with the same wheel and tire 35's as the "bomber" with what to me look like aluminum Explorer type control arms. Similar to the previous camo models we saw with the aluminum control arms. :unsure:

I am very unsure at what exactly is going on. Everyone says that's a trim and that's a package. HOLY CONFUSION BATMAN !!!!! I don't care what Ford will call it but I want the model like I'm sure a lot of others want as well ……. all the capabilities but I sure as hell don't want to have to get leather interior and 10,000 widgets that I will never use to get it !!! Now don't get me wrong I do like the removeable roof and door system we have seen.... hope to see all that come true. Ford just needs to make a package or trim or combo of the two that you don't have to get all the "frills" to have all the "thrills".

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the electronic crap minimized and the drivetrain maximized.

EXACTLY!
Hello? FORD .....is this thing on? You reading this?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am very unsure at what exactly is going on. Everyone says that's a trim and that's a package. HOLY CONFUSION BATMAN !!!!!

My guess is, those who actually KNOW.... ain't talking, yet.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am very unsure at what exactly is going on. Everyone says that's a trim and that's a package. HOLY CONFUSION BATMAN !!!!!...
One of these years Ford will clue us in to what they had planned.

Right now it would be nice if they'd get back to telling us what was planned to be revealed a week ago.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Good points Nickp. The thing I have been trying to put my finger on is this …….

We saw the 2DR camo "bomber" in the snow with 35's and what look ALOT like Ranger like stamped steel and welded control arms. But then we get a "leaked" photo of a no camo 4DR with the same wheel and tire 35's as the "bomber" with what to me look like aluminum Explorer type control arms. Similar to the previous camo models we saw with the aluminum control arms. :unsure:

I am very unsure at what exactly is going on. Everyone says that's a trim and that's a package. HOLY CONFUSION BATMAN !!!!! I don't care what Ford will call it but I want the model like I'm sure a lot of others want as well ……. all the capabilities but I sure as hell don't want to have to get leather interior and 10,000 widgets that I will never use to get it !!! Now don't get me wrong I do like the removeable roof and door system we have seen.... hope to see all that come true. Ford just needs to make a package or trim or combo of the two that you don't have to get all the "frills" to have all the "thrills".
That’s me too. The stripped Rubicon-equivalent boat. Well, I am getting older so they might sell me on a frill or two, but not any of that big brother self driving crap.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs