Sponsored

At Least One Auto Company Listened to Customers (Rivian)

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like they heard loud and clear that changing the rules mid-game is a BS idea and poor business practice. Hard lesson to learn but I give them credit for not arrogantly digging in theIr heals and f’ing their early adopters.

Ford Bronco At Least One Auto Company Listened to Customers (Rivian) 069B0860-3220-4671-8885-C352B6D3E8C8
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they listened because people were dropping their orders left and right plus their stock price slid 25% over 3 days
Correct. And stock price rules all for CEOs. Still better than stubbornly refusing to acknowledge your f-up.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they listened because people were dropping their orders left and right plus their stock price slid 25% over 3 days
Yeah... I was about to say...

Companies tend to listen when investors start running away and your stock price drops by 20%+ in less than a week.

Unfortunately it's probably too late on the investor side of the house. Either Rivian increases prices by 17%+ and watches reservation holders cancel their reservations, or they don't increase prices by 17%+ and they make essentially no money on any vehicles they produce. Lose-lose situation for them. Their only choice now is hope they have enough investors still around to get them through a few years of effectively zero profitability.

Last edited:

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They could always just add $20K in ADM after the vehicles are delivered…

[ducks out of the way] 😛

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They could always just add $20K in ADM after the vehicles are delivered…

[ducks out of the way] 😛
I don’t think they have the “D”… guess it would just be an AM? 😂

NathanW

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Range Rover SVR,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No win situation for them. Selling a product at a loss is not a viable business plan, inflation is killing your bottom line and you HAVE to pass that cost on to your customers.

This situation is nothing at all like what scumbag Ford dealers are doing to their customers, because their "costs" aren't going up. They're just padding their pockets while taking advantage of a situation.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco At Least One Auto Company Listened to Customers (Rivian) DF195565-1F76-4813-BF42-DB0FE7E69E2C

This is what my brother received this morning, a day after finding out his reservation and order price had been increased $21,000+

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No win situation for them. Selling a product at a loss is not a viable business plan, inflation is killing your bottom line and you HAVE to pass that cost on to your customers.

This situation is nothing at all like what scumbag Ford dealers are doing to their customers, because their "costs" aren't going up. They're just padding their pockets while taking advantage of a situation.
Rivian isn’t selling them at a loss regardless of a price increase. Inflation is just an excuse.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco At Least One Auto Company Listened to Customers (Rivian) DF195565-1F76-4813-BF42-DB0FE7E69E2C

This is what my brother received this morning, a day after finding out his reservation and order price had been increased $21,000+
Wow! $21K! But at least they said something. Anything.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tesla took years to reach profitability. Rivian should be OK unless investors get impatient. Boy, and that’s never happened. 😂

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! $21K! But at least they said something. Anything.
That was my whole point of this thread. They communicated…. Something, literally anything. And they made it right for the early reservation holders.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That was my whole point of this thread. They communicated…. Something, literally anything. And they made it right for the early reservation holders.
Mine too. Ford, you watching?