Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming they are the same Broncos they used in AZ, they will have two with the 7MT. I drove a 2 door Black Diamond. (which reinforced my decision to NOT get the MGV, comfy but HOT).

Have a copy of your DORA of WBDO printout with you (I had a copy on my phone) as the manuals are supposed to be reserved for folks who ordered one, and they wanted to see a copy of my order before they let me drive the stick.
HahA! Yea i had to show mine too! I thought the lady just wanted to see my order because she was surprised i wanted a MT
Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got back from a drive in Hollister, that was fun. ~30min of trail driving with some fun ups/downs and turns, w/ a little bit of water.
I went to Hollister this morning. Drove and OBX. It was a blast. My Ford Rep was a great guy and explained all of the cool features. I am stoked now.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HahA! Yea i had to show mine too! I thought the lady just wanted to see my order because she was surprised i wanted a MT
That's interesting, I didn't have anything with me but I was very clearly only interested in the MT and I think they could tell I meant business.

I drove #8 which is a 4-door 2.3 BL, lux, upgraded tire/wheel, mgv, mic, in rapid red and checked out their other MT, the iconic silver BD 2-door. Both reinforced my plan to get the 4-door since I have two little ones – the 2-door obviously looks phenomenal but the 4-door holds its own once you have some meaningful tires on it.

I like the 7MT like really, really like it. The clutch is smooth and lightweight but that really didn't matter much with the crawler gear in 4L since you can nearly come to a standstill without killing the engine. But if you do manage to stall, it restarts immediately once you disengage the clutch.

This thing is a freaking tractor, I described crawler in 4L as annoyingly slow (but in a good way.) I literally found myself leaning forward in the seat in a sort of anticipation of moving faster.

Hill Start Assist is a nice replacement for using a manual e-brake to hold a vehicle in place on a hill when you release the foot brake to move over to the gas. Nothing to enable the feature beyond being on an incline and having the clutch pressed and brake engaged. Once you lift your right foot from the brake you have three seconds to engage the clutch and throttle up before the magic brakes release. Pressing the clutch and brake again reengages the feature.

I've had a chance to be behind the wheel of both a 2.3/7MT and a 2.7/10A 4-door badlands in off-road environments for at least an hour, Hollister Hills SVRA and Bronco Off-Roadeo in Nevada. And I'm sold on the manual transmission. One of the features that I really enjoyed on the 10A was Trail Control particularly for hill descents. But between engine braking and Hill Descent Control the manual has no problems encountering steep grades. That reminds me, my guide had me take it along a berm until we were at a 25ÂŞ slant which was not something I would have tried to do with my own Bronco, so that's something (he said he's been up to 27ÂŞ).

If you're someone that likes to control when their vehicle shifts gears and enjoy finessing the throttle to achieve a more controlled outcome – get the 2.3/7MT. If you want speed, idk wait for the Bronco Raptor 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
hellahella

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's interesting, I didn't have anything with me but I was very clearly only interested in the MT and I think they could tell I meant business.

I drove #8 which is a 4-door 2.3 BL, lux, upgraded tire/wheel, mgv, mic, in rapid red and checked out their other MT, the iconic silver BD 2-door. Both reinforced my plan to get the 4-door since I have two little ones – the 2-door obviously looks phenomenal but the 4-door holds its own once you have some meaningful tires on it.

I like the 7MT like really, really like it. The clutch is smooth and lightweight but that really didn't matter much with the crawler gear in 4L since you can nearly come to a standstill without killing the engine. But if you do manage to stall, it restarts immediately once you disengage the clutch.

This thing is a freaking tractor, I described crawler in 4L as annoyingly slow (but in a good way.) I literally found myself leaning forward in the seat in a sort of anticipation of moving faster.

Hill Start Assist is a nice replacement for using a manual e-brake to hold a vehicle in place on a hill when you release the foot brake to move over to the gas. Nothing to enable the feature beyond being on an incline and having the clutch pressed and brake engaged. Once you lift your right foot from the brake you have three seconds to engage the clutch and throttle up before the magic brakes release. Pressing the clutch and brake again reengages the feature.

I've had a chance to be behind the wheel of both a 2.3/7MT and a 2.7/10A 4-door badlands in off-road environments for at least an hour, Hollister Hills SVRA and Bronco Off-Roadeo in Nevada. And I'm sold on the manual transmission. One of the features that I really enjoyed on the 10A was Trail Control particularly for hill descents. But between engine braking and Hill Descent Control the manual has no problems encountering steep grades. That reminds me, my guide had me take it along a berm until we were at a 25ÂŞ slant which was not something I would have tried to do with my own Bronco, so that's something (he said he's been up to 27ÂŞ).

If you're someone that likes to control when their vehicle shifts gears and enjoy finessing the throttle to achieve a more controlled outcome – get the 2.3/7MT. If you want speed, idk wait for the Bronco Raptor 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for the thorough write-up! The 7spd MT was just so much fun and engaging, and had no problems at all off road. When i drove it in the paved road, i was able to drop it to 2nd or 3rd and it was no slouch when you need it to pick up. I mean it’s no Porsche 911 but im really happy with the 7spd

Sponsored

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am scheduled for Prairie City on the 27th. Hoping there's a bronco that matches my build somewhat. I'm thinking it'll be wet still but maybe just dry enough to have fun off-road? Anyone else headed to Prairie City on the 27th?

OP
OP
hellahella

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh! Also forgot to mention: The utilitarian simplicity of the interior plus the MGV looked really good covered in muddy dust! And that’s when i realized i didn’t want the sound deadening headliner. Everything looked easy to clean except for that headliner and tbh didn’t look too good nor do i feel like made a difference in terms of sound deadening. 🪙🪙

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am scheduled for Prairie City on the 27th. Hoping there's a bronco that matches my build somewhat. I'm thinking it'll be wet still but maybe just dry enough to have fun off-road? Anyone else headed to Prairie City on the 27th?
So how was it? I'm actually going today in just a few hours.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So how was it? I'm actually going today in just a few hours.
I had a great time. Got a 4 door big bend 2.3 hard top. It was really neat seeing what a nearly base bronco could do off-road. It was a good baseline for when I take delivery of my Sas Black Diamond.
Sponsored