First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm most interested in the front pieces. I can tell most of my noise is coming from the front middle, above the aux switches.

Curious if the front strip leads to leaking water, since that is the drain channel. I've had one small leak from there already during an exceptionally heavy rain.
Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I loosened all the top pieces and was able to get the gap to close my seals just needed to be adjusted from the back top panel.
I haven't removed my roof yet. Are you suggesting that the rear shell could be shifted forward to close the gaps? There is another wind noise source I have that might be fixed by doing that too.

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I dunno, this foam is amazing. I don't really have noise from the front on mine. After adding these the wind noise is just general all over, with slightly more tire noise from the rear.

And annoyingly I can now hear a rattle on my subwoofer in the back now. Hah. Gotta find that.
Check the seatbelt. They can vibration against the wall.

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I suspect there was more D&D and less R&D for a lot of the development cycle.
Dungeon Master: You rolled a 'Natural 20' on your dealership selection. The treasure chest in the dragon's lair contains +5 Bronco Raptor equipped the Roush performance package. Rise Sir NoVINsGang and claim your fiery steed!

Ford Bronco Attention MIC Hard Top Owners - Wind Noise Reduction Hack 1655330863779

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did this "hack" yesterday, took me about 10 mins (including removing the 3 roof panels on my 4dr). It definitely does make a noticeable difference. I don't know if it was just my expectations, but I even noticed it quieter at idle and low speeds. Every hardtop owner should do this. Great idea @mountainbronco

Seagull

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just spent $10 at the depot and did this today; will drive it tonight. Doing about 90km/h my Apple Watch said about 72db. Will let you know what it says tonight.

Great idea OP. Thanks.

Deleted member 32220

That’s cheating, Nice truck. Now you don’t have to Fix Or Repair Daily your bronco.

Sponsored

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just did it today 👍🏼 I opted for the rubber stuff in 1” and huge difference I can live with it now. It’s not 100% but way better

Seagull

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Evening drive tonight was over an hour. Virtually no wind noise under 65kmh (45mph) and highway speeds seem to read at least 5db less.

Great little addition.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My mother in-law is bothered by the wind noise more than me.
Waiting for someone to post the hack to make it louder... just for this reason. And to drown out the "interior ambient noise" that originates from whichever seat she happens to be sitting in at the time.

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't removed my roof yet. Are you suggesting that the rear shell could be shifted forward to close the gaps? There is another wind noise source I have that might be fixed by doing that too.
I just loosened it and was able to shift the seal it was like the seal got pinched when the rear top was installed.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, they say a pic is worth a thousand words, and with all your asking, here you go. And, no zip ties or tape. 3/4 inch (inside of snake) fits like a glove and the roof panel holds it in place.

I expect a compliment for my clear pics!
Ford Bronco Attention MIC Hard Top Owners - Wind Noise Reduction Hack FEA021FD-6947-4017-A48F-A9473B209301
Ford Bronco Attention MIC Hard Top Owners - Wind Noise Reduction Hack FEA021FD-6947-4017-A48F-A9473B209301

Lifted with my finger so you can see how it lays...
Man this is genius. Went to HD yesterday picked up a length of 3/4" pipe installation and did the install. Amazing how much quieter she is now. Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored