@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

TL;DR: We all know that Ford monitors Bronco6G, and has made changes based on the feedback they read here. This is my plea to Ford, to allow those of us with soft-top VINs, the option to delay our builds til September, in order to include the hard-top prep kit. Ford has delayed many of us for months already. And with the recent news, the least they could do is allow us to delay a couple more weeks (if we want to).

Edit: If you’re going to make a comment, please read the entire post first. I did NOT switch to a soft-top solely to get my Bronco sooner. I did it based on Ford’s own reccomedation, so that it would free up constrained parts for other reservations. Ford also stated that if they didn’t have enough soft-top orders, they would start building dealer stock before resvervations. So I did my part for the Bronco community by switching.

I’m sure you’ve all seen the latest email from Ford, regarding the hard-top fiasco:
Ford Bronco ATTN FORD: Let Those w/ VINs Delay Til September for Hard-Top Prep Kit 2E0F64F8-2232-4D9C-BC63-9E177520A480

Now, I don’t want to complain, because I already have a VIN, and I understand that I’m lucky to even have that. And I am genuinely happy with Ford for trying to address the hard-top constraint, by including prep kits for soft-tops. But after the email that was sent out today, and the way my build date is headed, I can’t help but be a little frustrated.

I’m an early reservation holder, that originally had a 2-Door reserved w/ MIC hard-top. Back in May, when Ford sent out the first email about hard-top constraints, they recommended reservation holders switch to soft-tops, in order to be scheduled earlier. Ford also said that if they didn’t have enough soft-top orders to fill, that dealers would start getting their stock early. So I figured I’d do my part, and switched to a 4-Door w/ Soft Top. After that, I was scheduled immediately.

My original scheduled build week was July 19th. It then got pushed to July 26th. Now, with the recent news that MAP is shutting down that week, I’m assuming my build date will be pushed again. More than likely, I will be rescheduled for sometime in August.

If my build date had stayed scheduled for early July, I wouldn’t mind the sacrifice of being stuck with a soft-top for the rest of my vehicles life. But it’s kind of frustrating that all soft-top Broncos built a couple weeks after mine, will come preinstalled with the hard-top prep kit.

Ford has delayed a lot of us for many months. Most of us don’t even have a production date estimate, for vehicles that we reserved over a year ago. I understand a lot of the constraints were out of Ford’s hands, and the entire industry is struggling... but it’s not like it was our fault either.

A lot of us switched to soft-tops, because Ford asked us to. We thought we were helping everybody in the process. We shouldn’t be penalized for following Ford’s own recommendations. Ford can make this right, by giving those with soft-top VINs the option to delay their build til September (in order to include the hard-top prep kits). I don’t think this is too much to ask, considering we’ve all been more than patient with Ford during this entire process.

If you made it this far in my post, thank you for reading. I see a lot of senseless complaints on this forum, with no real solutions suggested. So I’m hoping this one comes off as more constructive and logical.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TL;DR: We all know that Ford monitors Bronco6G, and has made changes based on the feedback they read here. This is my plea to Ford, to allow those of us with soft-top VINs, the option to delay our builds til September, in order to include the hard-top prep kit. Ford has delayed many of us for months already. And with the recent news, the least they could do is allow us to delay a couple more weeks (if we want to).

I’m sure you’ve all seen the latest email from Ford, regarding the hard-top fiasco:
Ford Bronco ATTN FORD: Let Those w/ VINs Delay Til September for Hard-Top Prep Kit 2E0F64F8-2232-4D9C-BC63-9E177520A480

Now, I don’t want to complain, because I already have a VIN, and I understand that I’m lucky to even have that. And I am genuinely happy with Ford for trying to address the hard-top constraint, by including prep kits for soft-tops. But after the email that was sent out today, and the way my build date is headed, I can’t help but be a little frustrated.

I’m an early reservation holder, that originally had a 2-Door reserved w/ MIC hard-top. Back in May, when Ford sent out the first email about hard-top constraints, they recommended reservation holders switch to soft-tops, in order to be scheduled earlier. Ford also said that if they didn’t have enough soft-top orders to fill, that dealers would start getting their stock early. So I figured I’d do my part, and switched to a 4-Door w/ Soft Top. After that, I was scheduled immediately.

My original scheduled build week was July 19th. It then got pushed to July 26th. Now, with the recent news that MAP is shutting down that week, I’m assuming my build date will be pushed again. More than likely, I will be rescheduled for sometime in August.

If my build date had stayed scheduled for early July, I wouldn’t mind the sacrifice of being stuck with a soft-top for the rest of my vehicles life. But it’s kind of frustrating that all soft-top Broncos built a couple weeks after mine, will come preinstalled with the hard-top prep kit.

Ford has delayed a lot of us for many months. Most of us don’t even have a production date estimate, for vehicles that we reserved over a year ago. I understand a lot of the constraints were out of Ford’s hands, and the entire industry is struggling... but it’s not like it was our fault either.

A lot of us switched to soft-tops, because Ford asked us to. We thought we were helping everybody in the process. We shouldn’t be penalized for following Ford’s own recommendations. Ford can make this right, by giving those with soft-top VINs the option to delay their build til September (in order to include the hard-top prep kits). I don’t think this is too much to ask, considering we’ve all been more than patient with Ford during this entire process.

If you made it this far in my post, thank you for reading. I see a lot of senseless complaints on this forum, with no real solutions suggested. So I’m hoping this one comes off as more constructive and logical.
orrrrrrr they can just give you a voucher for the kit, and mail it to you after no?

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

orrrrrrr they can just give you a voucher for the kit, and mail it to you after no?
I would be totally okay with this... In fact, I’d be ecstatic about this! But I don’t think it’s the kind of kit you can just install later. I’m pretty sure it’s completely different panels, and a different wiper knob. Not to mention all the plumbing required. I wonder if someone can confirm this?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should do this but probably won’t.

im probably going to switch to a MIC top from the Mod top now due to the 2 year delay.

I might switch to the soft top with prep kit, but I don’t trust that Ford won’t somehow schedule me before September since I’m a day on res and then I would be screwed altogether lol. MIC top is the safe route to prevent that lol

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of us switched to soft-tops, because Ford asked us to. We thought we were helping everybody in the process. We shouldn’t be penalized for following Ford’s own recommendations. Ford can make this right, by giving those with soft-top VINs the option to delay their build til September (in order to include the hard-top prep kits).

To clarify;. You switched your order for a chance (not a guarantee) at an earlier production time. You now have an earlier production time (it being moved once or a hundred times is immaterial as you had no idea if or when it might be picked up when you decided to change your order). You win! Your original order would not be filled for a long time after your modified order, so you actually got the best outcome you could have gotten within the parameters of the advice. Yep, total win on your part!

Ford decided they needed to add additional inducement to get more folks to swap builds because not enough took the advice with you. They will be built even later than yours. You are not offered this deal because you took the earlier advice and got exactly what you wanted, you already switched. (The aforementioned win) It is completely understandable that you would like the deal after the fact, Stuff that is paid for by others is nice for the person getting it but in no way have you been penalized by Ford for following their recommendations. You got the best case Ford said following their advice might generate. You already changed the order and were no longer in the group being offered the kit deal.

I do agree it would be an additional nicety if Ford gifted you your request for additional compensation, but I fail to see you as having any moral or logical basis for your stated belief that Ford has anything they 'need to make right' with you.
I hope you get your desire, I really do, but your sense of entitlement, that Ford somehow owes you more, that they have something to 'make right' after their advice worked exactly as you hoped is not a good look for you. If it doesn't work out that they give you the extra, it might help temper any bitterness if you remember that you actually got the best case outcome of their advice and you are still ahead of the game. Good luck on getting the kit, but you are in no way harmed, owed, 'penalized', or need something 'made right" because Ford didn't give you free stuff.

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2E0F64F8-2232-4D9C-BC63-9E177520A480.jpeg

You are not getting penalized…as a matter of fact you are getting rewarded by getting your Bronco. We still have day 1 res people with nothing.

i will gladly trade you my nothingness for your penalty.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might switch to the soft top with prep kit, but I don’t trust that Ford won’t somehow schedule me before September since I’m a day on res and then I would be screwed altogether lol. MIC top is the safe route to prevent that lol
Ford stated they are scheduling production 45-60 days out. If you switch to soft in mid July, it seems there would be little to no chance of you getting your Bronco produced before Sept

Last edited:

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m sorry, but after being lectured by all the people with VINs about being upset and angry, it’s extremely funny to see the people with a VIN complain. Welcome to the party…lol

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2E0F64F8-2232-4D9C-BC63-9E177520A480.jpeg

I am not disagreeing with you because broncos being built a few weeks after some will get a kit is kinda crap, but asking questions on here without most of the responses being from whiny little children will pretty much not happen. Maybe you will get lucky and ford will figure something out for those that are not getting the kit. There's not a huge amount of customer broncos being built anyway before sept.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To clarify;. You switched your order for a chance (not a guarantee) at an earlier production time.
Incorrect. Read the post. I switched my order, because Ford said that if they didn’t have enough soft-top orders to fill, they would start building dealer stock. So I did my part to help the Bronco community by switching, and freeing up constrained parts.

I hope you get your desire, I really do, but your sense of entitlement, that Ford somehow owes you more, that they have something to 'make right' after their advice worked exactly as you hoped is not a good look for you.
You clearly didn’t even read the post. There’s no sense of entitlement. I’m literally asking Ford for the option to DELAY MYSELF a couple of weeks. Therefore, pushing others ahead of me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sorry, but after being lectured by all the people with VINs about being upset and angry, it’s extremely funny to see the people with a VIN complain. Welcome to the party…lol
You forgot to read this part:

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You forgot to read this part:
Idk I didn't make any changes to my order because I assumed that things would change in the future anyway.
I feel like you made the change to soft top prior to the prep kit option, that was your choice 🤷‍♀️

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am not disagreeing with you because broncos being built a few weeks after some will get a kit is kinda crap, but asking questions on here without most of the responses being from whiny little children will pretty much not happen. Maybe you will get lucky and ford will figure something out for those that are not getting the kit. There's not a huge amount of customer broncos being built anyway before sept.
You’re absolutely right. Most of the responses on here will be whiny little children (or bitter folks without a VIN). But I appreciate the constructive replies from the others. And since Ford monitors the forum, it’s worth throwing the suggestion. The trolls don’t bother me :)

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Idk I didn't make any changes to my order because I assumed that things would change in the future anyway.
I feel like you made the change to soft top prior to the prep kit option, that was your choice 🤷‍♀️
Once again, read the post. I made the change based on FORD’s RECCOMENDATION. I made the change, so that it would free up constraints for other reservation holders. I was doing my part for the Bronco community. So yes, it was my choice. Just like it should be my choice to delay my own order, and let others ahead of me.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Switching from a 2DR MIC to a 4DR Softie........just to try and get a bronco sooner......which you did..........I don't get that part at all

But there's always gonna be other cherrys on top down the road, be happy with what you got, unless it isn't really what you wanted (which it wasn't apparently)
Sponsored