Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Once again, read the post. I made the change based on FORD’s RECCOMENDATION. I made the change, so that it would free up constraints for other reservation holders. I was doing my part for the Bronco community. So yes, it was my choice. Just like it should be my choice to delay my own order, and let others ahead of me.
Just pointing out that you took the calculated decision to go to a soft top to get your vehicle sooner, and now have a vin. That was your choice to do that. Ford doesn't have some box that says "preferred hard top but due to high demand changed to a soft top"
Sponsored

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Switching from a 2DR MIC to a 4DR Softie........just to try and get a bronco sooner......which you did..........I don't get that part at all

But there's always gonna be other cherrys on top down the road, be happy with what you got, unless it isn't really what you wanted (which it wasn't apparently)
Wrong. I went with 2-Door for the price to capability ratio. I switched to a 4-Door based on Ford’s recommendation, in order to free up constrained parts for other reservation holders (you’re welcome). I actually ended up spending more money than I wanted, and am getting MORE room. But to say I don’t want my Bronco is the worst troll comment in the thread yet 🤣

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those with a VIN calling those without “whiney little children”.

:poop:

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just pointing out that you took the calculated decision to go to a soft top to get your vehicle sooner, and now have a vin. That was your choice to do that. Ford doesn't have some box that says "preferred hard top but due to high demand changed to a soft top"
Wrong. Read the previous comments. I switched to a soft-top, based on Ford’s reccomendation, in order to free up constrained parts for other reservation holders (you’re welcome). Ford literally said if they couldn’t get enough people to switch to soft-tops, that they would start building dealer stock before resvervations. So I did my part for the Bronco community by switching.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wrong. Read the previous comments. I switched to a soft-top, based on Ford’s reccomendation, in order to free up constrained parts for other reservation holders (you’re welcome). Ford literally said if they couldn’t get enough people to switch to soft-tops, that they would start building dealer stock before resvervations. So I did my part for the Bronco community by switching.
They have been saying that they are going to build any Bronco trim that has available commodities just to keep the line running anyway. The only person you changed the order to benefit was yourself. You would have eventually gotten the 2 door you had on order originally. Ford made a suggestion on how to get a Bronco faster it wasn't a recommendation in order to keep them from switching to making dealer stock builds.

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Incorrect. Read the post. I switched my order, because Ford said that if they didn’t have enough soft-top orders to fill, they would start building dealer stock. So I did my part to help the Bronco community by switching, and freeing up constrained parts.

You clearly didn’t even read the post. There’s no sense of entitlement. I’m literally asking Ford for the option to DELAY MYSELF a couple of weeks. Therefore, pushing others ahead of me.

Then just 99 yourself for a couple of weeks and then cm back, you’ll be sure to be after Sept.

And thanks for taking one for the team and securing that early build. 👍🙄

I agree, it sorta sucks, but you made your choices and you are getting your Bronco early. May cost you a few hundred bucks to plumb it when/if you get a hardtop. I’d pay a few hundred to get mine earlier, congratulations.

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Then just 99 yourself for a couple of weeks and then cm back, you’ll be sure to be after Sept.

And thanks for taking one for the team and securing that early build. 👍

I agree, it sorta sucks, but you made your choices and you are getting your Bronco early. May cost you a few hundred bucks to plumb it when/if you get a hardtop. I’d pay a few hundred to get mine earlier, congratulations.
I would love to do this! But unfortunately, I don’t think you can 99 yourself once you already have a VIN. 😕

And that’s a good way to look at it!! Thank you for being positive 🙂

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrong. I went with 2-Door for the price to capability ratio. I switched to a 4-Door based on Ford’s recommendation, in order to free up constrained parts for other reservation holders (you’re welcome). I actually ended up spending more money than I wanted, and am getting MORE room. But to say I don’t want my Bronco is the worst troll comment in the thread yet 🤣
Sorry if you took that as a troll comment, not the intention.

You said you switched from 2DR MIC to a 4DR soft top for the benefit of everyone else.......I just don't get that......the implication to me being that you didn't order what you really wanted. Bad on me if I got that wrong. ✌

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. I understand why others won't feel much sympathy. Others are in much worse situations (2 door res holders and no VIN people are examples). That said, I think it's human nature to be frustrated when things like this happen. Who hasn't bought something only to see it go on sale shortly after you bought it? If that isn't frustrating to you, I applaud you.

But this seems deliberate.... like a car salesman pushing a customer to sign today knowing a sale starts tomorrow. In other words, it wasn't just bad luck on the timing of a purchase. Ford made this particular concession (the prep kit) only after the "suckers" gave in and then only to the hold outs. I get it, the hold outs are better bluffers or more convicted on their choices. Ford has a right to see how many they can get to switch by dangling a "free" carrot, then if it doesn't yield the right numbers offer an incentive that costs them money. But I do believe they could put the prep kits on all the ones who made a switch or at least for those who request it. I'd willingly pay for it. Most people seem to believe that without the prep kit, the car is devalued. It seems reasonable to be unhappy about having to settle for that.

I realize that due to the earlier soft top switch that theoretically I may get my Bronco sooner than the later switchers... maybe by a couple of weeks or a couple of months? And I agree with the OP that it would be worth it to delay until September to get the prep kit. But the gripe is that Ford doesn't offer these choices up front and stick with them. Ford makes a statement, then maybe an offer, then changes offer, which leaves everyone guessing and inevitably some will end up feeling like they made the wrong choices.

In my opinion, a more sincere and fair attempt to "make things right" with the hard top delays and to keep production moving would have been to add the prep kit for everyone willing to switch from their initial hard top choice because that was when customers made concessions.

I also think everyone here would appreciate some clarity with Ford's plans and some follow through after those plans are announced.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once again, read the post. I made the change based on FORD’s RECCOMENDATION. I made the change, so that it would free up constraints for other reservation holders. I was doing my part for the Bronco community. So yes, it was my choice. Just like it should be my choice to delay my own order, and let others ahead of me.
You made a change based on Ford’s recommendation, and it panned out. You got what you wanted, now you’re complaining. So much entitlement.

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. I understand why others won't feel much sympathy. Others are in much worse situations (2 door res holders and no VIN people are examples). That said, I think it's human nature to be frustrated when things like this happen. Who hasn't bought something only to see it go on sale shortly after you bought it? If that isn't frustrating to you, I applaud you.

But this seems deliberate.... like a car salesman pushing a customer to sign today knowing a sale starts tomorrow. In other words, it wasn't just bad luck on the timing of a purchase. Ford made this particular concession (the prep kit) only after the "suckers" gave in and then only to the hold outs. I get it, the hold outs are better bluffers or more convicted on their choices. Ford has a right to see how many they can get to switch by dangling a "free" carrot, then if it doesn't yield the right numbers offer an incentive that costs them money. But I do believe they could put the prep kits on all the ones who made a switch or at least for those who request it. Most people seem to believe that without the prep kit, the car is devalued. It seems reasonable to be unhappy about having to settle for that.

I realize that due to the earlier soft top switch that theoretically I may get my Bronco sooner than the later switchers... maybe by a couple of weeks or a couple of months? And I agree with the OP that it would be worth it to delay until September to get the prep kit. But the gripe is that Ford doesn't offer these choices up front and stick with them. Ford makes a statement, then maybe an offer, then changes offer, which leaves everyone guessing and inevitably some will end up feeling like they made the wrong choices.

In my opinion, a more sincere and fair attempt to "make things right" with the hard top delays and to keep production moving would have been to add the prep kit for everyone willing to switch from their initial hard top choice because that was when customers made concessions.

I also think everyone here would appreciate some clarity with Ford's plans and some follow through after those plans are announced.
Exactly! You hit the nail on the head! The timing seems deliberate.

This was incredibly logical and well written. Thank you! I hope others take the time to read this.

Lou-Q

Wildtrak
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90,11,19 F250 15 mustang Gt 50th ann. 2020 gt 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m sorry, but after being lectured by all the people with VINs about being upset and angry, it’s extremely funny to see the people with a VIN complain. Welcome to the party…lol
I've had a vin # and a build week since April 15th. And still no window sticker or build date.
Lou

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

UPDATE:

Privately spoke to a well-known Ford executive, who told me he’d look into this for me. He got back to me today, and we had a lengthy discussion. Long story short, it would be a logistical nightmare for Ford to purposefully delay any builds on purpose. The good news is, he doesn’t think I’m missing much without the hard-top prep kit. The hard-top can still be installed later, and the wiper is very tiny anyway.

I tried guys! Sorry!

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would be totally okay with this... In fact, I’d be ecstatic about this! But I don’t think it’s the kind of kit you can just install later. I’m pretty sure it’s completely different panels, and a different wiper knob. Not to mention all the plumbing required. I wonder if someone can confirm this?
So the prep kit also includes the defroster button and wiper controls
Sponsored