redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry I am uninformed, but what is the purpose of a "roller test"? I'm catching up on google, but still confused. Different from chassis dyno how?

roller acts as a "tractionless" situation and it shows if the vehicle is able to use the computer systems to get out of the situation.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To me its whether I can get away from sasquatch and do the lux package. I just dont want to be stuck with an awd system made for mall crawling in the snow and cant get off three rollers like a highlander....i think itll be sufficient if it can get off three rollers for me..
Im confused by your comment...

Sasquatch, Lux, and the drive system you option (part time 4wd vs 4A) have nothing to do with one another...

...are you talking about the lockers? Like if you don’t get squatch and save the money you could opt for Lux instead but you’re worried that skipping the lockers will be an issue?

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
roller acts as a "tractionless" situation and it shows if the vehicle is able to use the computer systems to get out of the situation.
Ya I get it now...if the new Bronco is AWD I won't buy it. I asked for a 4x4, and I'm 100% positive that Ford knew WAY better than to try and pass off a AWD as a Bronco. NON-ISSUE...lock thread!

OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im confused by your comment...

Sasquatch, Lux, and the drive system you option (part time 4wd vs 4A) have nothing to do with one another.
Cost savings... if I can get away with non sasquatch, I'd put it towards luxuries. I limited my budget so I cant get get both.

Sponsored
OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ya I get it now...if the new Bronco is AWD I won't buy it. I asked for a 4x4, and I'm 100% positive that Ford knew WAY better than to try and pass off a AWD as a Bronco. NON-ISSUE...lock thread!
The bronco is certainly 4x4 but open differential for base, big bend, and outbanks. Nothing wrong with wanting to see the performance of the goat modes they brag about.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bronco is certainly 4x4 but open differential for base, big bend, and outbanks. Nothing wrong with wanting to see the performance of the goat modes they brag about.
What do you expect to see?

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know what BLD is in a Jeep but I do know mfg's. use the ABS to brake a wheel if it "sees' slip, therefore giving power to the side that has traction and getting it out if the slip.

You can see it on videos. tire comes off the ground. wheel stops immediately. then may spin a little more, then stop. etc. until the obstacle is cleared. You can see it in the Frankenranger testing video from Johnson Valley.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford just posted this video to their YouTube account.

Caption: "Ford teams up with pro off-road racer Brad Lovell to test the Ford Bronco in Johnson Valley.*"

Press Release:

Updated with the official press release text accompanying this video:

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 10, 2020 – While enthusiastic customers await the return of the upcoming Ford Bronco 4x4, engineers are hard at work ensuring it is ready to take on the wild. In the high desert of California, Ford experts are busy testing and proving out the all-new Bronco’s powertrain and rugged chassis, which is based on the company’s fully boxed, body-on-frame global T6 architecture, in an experimental prototype vehicle.

In the Mojave Desert’s Johnson Valley, home to such punishing motorsports series as King of the Hammers, the Bronco prototype is being pushed to its limits off-road in grueling conditions crawling up rocks and racing across sand.

Bronco was built exactly for this.

The all-new sixth generation of America’s original “sports utility vehicle,” makes its world premiere this spring.

Watch the tires when it's on the rocks. Hard to see and hit happens fast. best one is at the end.

By the way I believe this is Brad Lovell driving.
Sponsored