First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
To believe a Company can bungle a launch this badly (and actually lie to boot), but be really good at all other aspects of their business doesn’t make sense. And even if you believe that, the Explorer launch should give you pause about the competencies on that side of the business. No one thought beforehand Ford would bungle such a vital product launch.

However, Ford does OK — basically on par with everyone else (other than the top quality leaders) on their other products. And everyone’s quality is generally quite high.

So I don’t feel it’s a huge exposure, but I am definitely more uneasy about doing this than I was 4 months ago. Probably most important for me, I’m just not sure I want to do business with Ford given their actions (principally the production order lie).

Makes no difference to them in the short term - they will sell all the Broncos they can make for a long time. Long term these kind of poor practices that leave a sour taste (for some) may become a larger problem. But most auto companies aren’t laser focused on end consumer satisfaction so who knows, maybe they all remain just “average” so that works for them all.
Nail, meet head — damn you’re eloquent.
Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It would seem pointless to OFFER a MT and then axe it.

Why would they even bother?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
  1. Did you make it down to Filson to see the Broncos there? the A51 one is using production interior so you can see how interior fitment is going to be.

2. Did you make it down to Filson to see the Broncos there? The A51 one had quite excellent body panel fitment, especially for a pre-production rig

3. Have had a 2019 Ranger for over 13,000 miles and fitment has been impeccable. There have been a total of 2 parts warrantied out:
    1. External keypad has been warrantied out twice, and manufacturing was delayed for our truck due to a recall on the part
    2. Seat raise/lower lever plastic trim piece fell off due to a poorly installed clip. Trim and clip replaced under warranty
    3. that.is.it....... In a EARLY production, first model year vehicle

Overall, how you quantify "quality" will be subjective. The engine in Bronco will be solid. The driveline and chassis are brand new and potential spots for issues. Interior/body is at the point of diminishing returns for all quality manufacturers these days. Exterior panel fitment today is superb across nearly all brands. They are also adjustable like never before. Interior trim is also CAD designed and fitment is superb. Touch-materials are subjective.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't buy the talk of Ford nixing the manual trans. Jeep hasn't done that.
I agree. In my lengthy post I forgot to address manual going away. Sure, eventually, but not for several years.

The resources expended to launch with a manual were significant, Ford won’t get rid of it with this generation. It also critical for challenging the 800 pound gorilla and I think a primary reason a manual is offered In the first place. Ford can’t let there be a whiff of “it’s not a serious enthusiast machine” vs the Wrangler. Image is everything in this segment for the majority of the buyers. To challenge the King you need at least to match it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
icavedin

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
  1. Did you make it down to Filson to see the Broncos there? the A51 one is using production interior so you can see how interior fitment is going to be.
  2. Did you make it down to Filson to see the Broncos there? The A51 one had quite excellent body panel fitment, especially for a pre-production rig
  3. Have had a 2019 Ranger for over 13,000 miles and fitment has been impeccable. There have been a total of 2 parts warrantied out:
    1. External keypad has been warrantied out twice, and manufacturing was delayed for our truck due to a recall on the part
    2. Seat raise/lower lever plastic trim piece fell off due to a poorly installed clip. Trim and clip replaced under warranty
    3. that.is.it....... In a EARLY production, first model year vehicle

Overall, how you quantify "quality" will be subjective. The engine in Bronco will be solid. The driveline and chassis are brand new and potential spots for issues. Interior/body is at the point of diminishing returns for all quality manufacturers these days. Exterior panel fitment today is superb across nearly all brands. They are also adjustable like never before. Interior trim is also CAD designed and fitment is superb. Touch-materials are subjective.
DO NOT PLAY GAMES W/ ME DUDE IM SENSITIVE AND DROWNIN IN WORK which is why I’m now distracting myself. Plus it’s cold outside and I’m a little bit*h.

But in all seriousness, I get your point and should take your word for it.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
DO NOT PLAY GAMES W/ ME DUDE IM SENSITIVE AND DROWNIN IN WORK which is why I’m now distracting myself. Plus it’s cold outside and I’m a little bit*h.
Heated seats for you my friend.

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I can;t get the stick with the Sasquatch. I added the manual and advanced 4x4. I am going to love it and Ford you are doing a great job considering the size of this new undertaking.
Trust the universe, everything happens for a reason.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

But in all seriousness, I get your point and should take your word for it.
Heated seats are good, when they have that strange hole near the back in them, that's when you worry.

PS: Fitment was quite good for what this vehicle is. It's not a hand-built exotic. It will have to have some gaps to allow water movement and other gaps to withstand mud/dirt. Overall I was very impressed with the A51 interior panels and touch materials.*
Ford Bronco ATTN: Standard Transmission Base Buyers 20201023_115813

Ford Bronco ATTN: Standard Transmission Base Buyers 20201023_115734
*Except the black panel that has "BRONCO" stamped in it..... That thing looked dirty/dusty from 5' away. Touched it and for some reason there is flecks of stuff in the finish. It felt smooth, almost a psudo rubber soft-touch? My guess is that over 60% of Bronco owners who modify their cars will wrap that or cover it in something... It was a very strange material that looked odd (and dusty).

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Perhaps this is just me acting as the 'Voice of Consumer' from Bronco6g as the vast majority here seem to be confused as to what they're going to receive as a final product.
This seems a bit strange to me and I think is getting into my head.

Or perhaps I need to take a break from the forums and not be so jaded in this vacuum.
I was there leading up to b&p on the heels of some of the non great news recently. I decided that crap wasn’t worth the negativity and my perspective has changed today immensely with b&p. Take a break, relax and take a deep breath. It’ll be fine. I promise.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have had a 2019 Ranger for over 13,000 miles and fitment has been impeccable. There have been a total of 2 parts warrantied out.
Thank you for the insight but 13k miles is not nearly enough to see if anything will go wrong as far as fitment. Things start falling off and breaking after a year or two from what I have seen on new cars

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you for the insight but 13k miles is not nearly enough to see if anything will go wrong as far as fitment. Things start falling off and breaking after a year or two from what I have seen on new cars
There are millions of miles on the 2.3 from Ranger and Mustang (to a lesser extent also Focus RS).

The lawsuit over the manual in Mustang tells you why they changed transmissions. So that would automatically get a red flag. Lifetime drivetrain warranty will help with that!

Ford happens to make that little obscure truck, what's it called? A Formula 150 race car? F-150 something? I can't remember. But you're right, they really don't know how to build a body-on-frame rig. Or at least not one that could survive any mileage.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So anyone else notice that on build and price you can’t get a 4 door base with manual trans? Only 2 door, pick 4 door base and the manual trans disappears from the powertrain options.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How do you know the manual will have issues? Did I read somewhere this pairing of the 2.3L and this manual tranny not have a history?
7 spd is brand new product. Made by the same company Ford used for it's last manual transmission failure.

The 7 spd is literally the only part of any drive train configuration that is untested in the real world.
I don't buy the talk of Ford nixing the manual trans. Jeep hasn't done that. And per the other thread showing pre-orders, there are a significant number of Bronco manual trans pre-orders. It's not like 2% or something, as in some other vehicles where the manual trans was later cancelled. I predict manual trans will be available at least through the current Bronco production run, and first chance of nixing would be on a later refresh 8 or so years down the line.
Nobody selected transmission type at reservation. And nobody has ordered anything yet.

Whatever Bronco numbers you are looking at are bullshit.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its the options packaging that has driven me to BaseManSquatch.
Manual --- gotta have it, end of story.
Squatch --- 35's be dammed, it's the rest of the components that attract me. At just under $5k, its a bargain option.
I like a good value.
By the time I spec out a Badlands, I just have no desire for a $48k Bronco.
The Base will have everything I need in a fun daily driver/weekender. The only thing I really would like is heated seats, but not for 6 or 10k. I'll add them myself later for 300.

I've grown quite fond of the idea of my manual BaseSquatch since the b&p tool rolled out.
Now the excitement is setting in!!!
The wait after ordering is going to seem like forever...lol

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This thread makes me completely rethink my build so I can squeeze in an extended warranty now...
Sponsored