First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Before you jump @ me for creating another thread, this topic hasn't been specifically discussed at length just yet.

So for me and *I think* a few others, this rollout finally reached the point last night of being a bit underwhelming and has started to make me question QA issues from actual build quality of Broncos rolling off the assembly line.

I was already a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on a first model year and have no problems waiting until following years for kinks to be ironed out, but I'm also super fearful that FoMoCo will nix the Manual Basecamp variant in following years due to it being a loss leader and I will be 4eva alone and cri everitime.

wat do.

For posterity, this is my kewl build
Ford Bronco ATTN: Standard Transmission Base Buyers 1603485893451
Sponsored

Lurking4luv

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw gti, Nissan frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
i hope they dont because im waiting for base manual squatch. i wont get my truck until 2022 so lets hope they stick to what they said originally.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont really see a connection between the rollout and the launch, which is basically all marketing and bean counters and computer guys making the B and P, and the build quality of the vehicle you will eventually own, which was design and engineering and manufacturing.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on your priorities. I WANT BASEMANSQUATCH. but if they don't have it I'll go back to original thought which was just manual base.
Priority #1 is manual trans. If you dont order it that way from factory you wont get one. Dealers don't stock them.
So manual trans base, can't do 2.7 so that leaves 2.3 engine. Then it's up to Ford if they will offer sas + man for more money.
I think any way you get it, manual 2.3 will be fun

Last edited:

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm usually not a version 1.0 buyer also, but I don't want to wait. I'll wing it, it has a factory warranty, and might even consider an extended warranty.

OP
OP
icavedin

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dont really see a connection between the rollout and the launch, which is basically all marketing and bean counters and computer guys making the B and P, and the build quality of the vehicle you will eventually own, which was design and engineering and manufacturing.
Right and I totally get that. Definitely trying to compartmentalize the two divisions, but the more I think about it; I almost start to frame it in my head as all encompassing.

Because FoMoCo made the decision to hire all these people, right? And as a company; they should be performing at a sufficient level across all verticals -- not just specifically engineering. I won't play the shame game on specific departments, because I think we all have those in our heads.

It just leaves a weird taste in my mouth that's all, and I love weird tastes in my mouth.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I said it before on here, I am buying manual and I can almost guarantee it will have issues with it. So I am also buying extended warranty for it and documenting every service done to it so they canā€™t deny the claim when it blows up. It will last at first and then by the time it does fail it I will be ready for the Warthog?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have also missed opportunities thinking something would be around forever, only to find them gone later.
Live in the present, tomorrow isn't guaranteed

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I said it before on here, I am buying manual and I can almost guarantee it will have issues with it. So I am also buying extended warranty for it and documenting every service done to it so they canā€™t deny the claim when it blows up. It will last at first and then by the time it does fail it I will be ready for the Warthog?
How do you know the manual will have issues? Did I read somewhere this pairing of the 2.3L and this manual tranny not have a history?

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in the 2.3L MT crowd and I'm not wavering. Seize the Day! I'm not sure I'd be able to get one, if I wait for MY22 or 23, so here are my 3 builds:

All 2 DR, Velocity Blue builds calculated with Granger $2k below Invoice pricing and Illinois tax.

BaseManSquatch - $38,225, Standard (obviously) Package, headliner, roof rack, advanced 4x4 auto engagement, keyless entry, HD Mod front bumper/bask plates, mesh bimini top, rock rails. 2.3L MT.

Black Diamond - $39,446, Standard Package (no MT availability), headliner, tow package, roof rack, advanced 4x4 auto engagement, mesh bimini top. 2.3L MT.

Badlands - $46,390, Mid Package (available w/ MT), headliner, tow, roof rack, mesh bimini top. 2.3L MT.

For the money, I'm heavily leaning BaseManSquatch, but that MGV keeps tugging at me. Really enjoying the back and forth building these things. Today has been a good day.

OP
OP
icavedin

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Perhaps this is just me acting as the 'Voice of Consumer' from Bronco6g as the vast majority here seem to be confused as to what they're going to receive as a final product.
This seems a bit strange to me and I think is getting into my head.

Or perhaps I need to take a break from the forums and not be so jaded in this vacuum.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Before you jump @ me for creating another thread, this topic hasn't been specifically discussed at length just yet.

So for me and *I think* a few others, this rollout finally reached the point last night of being a bit underwhelming and has started to make me question QA issues from actual build quality of Broncos rolling off the assembly line.

I was already a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on a first model year and have no problems waiting until following years for kinks to be ironed out, but I'm also super fearful that FoMoCo will nix the Manual Basecamp variant in following years due to it being a loss leader and I will be 4eva alone and cri everitime.

wat do.

For posterity, this is my kewl build
Ford Bronco ATTN: Standard Transmission Base Buyers AlertAshamedJunebug-size_restricted
I don't buy the talk of Ford nixing the manual trans. Jeep hasn't done that. And per the other thread showing pre-orders, there are a significant number of Bronco manual trans pre-orders. It's not like 2% or something, as in some other vehicles where the manual trans was later cancelled. I predict manual trans will be available at least through the current Bronco production run, and first chance of nixing would be on a later refresh 8 or so years down the line.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right and I totally get that. Definitely trying to compartmentalize the two divisions, but the more I think about it; I almost start to frame it in my head as all encompassing.

Because FoMoCo made the decision to hire all these people, right? And as a company; they should be performing at a sufficient level across all verticals -- not just specifically engineering. I won't play the shame game on specific departments, because I think we all have those in our heads.

It just leaves a weird taste in my mouth that's all, and I love weird tastes in my mouth.
Well it wouldnt just be engineering that had to also be as bad as the other depts, it would have to be engineering AND manufacturing and I think the odds of that being the case are low.

Besides, its a new car and will have a full warranty, so screw it, right?

Another thing, and dont take this the wrong way, because I seriously mean this as a compliment, I think you have built the dorkiest looking Bronco possible.

White base with mudflaps and roofrack??? So dorky and thats what makes it cool. I love it.

That truck has future Unicorn collectible written all over it.

I think you should definitely go for it, because I agree with you, I think the base manual could be a one and done thing and you will have a unicorn.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
To believe a Company can bungle a launch this badly (and actually lie to boot), but be really good at all other aspects of their business doesnā€™t make sense. And even if you believe that, the Explorer launch should give you pause about the competencies on that side of the business. No one thought beforehand Ford would bungle such a vital product launch.

However, Ford does OK ā€” basically on par with everyone else (other than the top quality leaders) on their other products. And everyoneā€™s quality is generally quite high.

So I donā€™t feel itā€™s a huge exposure, but I am definitely more uneasy about doing this than I was 4 months ago. Probably most important for me, Iā€™m just not sure I want to do business with Ford given their actions (principally the production order lie).

Makes no difference to them in the short term - they will sell all the Broncos they can make for a long time. Long term these kind of poor practices that leave a sour taste (for some) may become a larger problem. But most auto companies arenā€™t laser focused on end consumer satisfaction so who knows, maybe they all remain just ā€œaverageā€ so that works for them all.
Sponsored