Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got my Off Rodeo Reservation in and will be in Austin 3/23-26!

From the looks of it, Austin is amazing. We’ll arrive Thursday Night at the ranch, but for the rest of it, we’re at the Driskill. Any suggestions on what to do in the city? Will anyone else be at the Off-Rodeo tgat Friday (3/24)?

Finally, what’s the weather typically like in Mid-late March?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

MikeOU

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Valentina's TexMex BBQ. Food truck and get there early. May be the best brisket Tacos I have ever eaten.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It really depends on what you are into. Austin has something for everyone, you just have to look for it.

Food choices are in abundance and there are many great places it all depends on what type of food you are interested in.

Same goes for clubs, shows, concerts.

Since you will be on 6th street, you'll have many options open to you. If you drive out of downtown, you'll have even more choices.

TylerTexas

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve got my Off Rodeo Reservation in and will be in Austin 3/23-26!

From the looks of it, Austin is amazing. We’ll arrive Thursday Night at the ranch, but for the rest of it, we’re at the Driskill. Any suggestions on what to do in the city? Will anyone else be at the Off-Rodeo tgat Friday (3/24)?

Finally, what’s the weather typically like in Mid-late March?

Thanks in advance!
Guero’s on South Congress.
Moonshine Patio
Weather should be fantastic. Cool mornings and patio afternoons!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It really depends on what you are into. Austin has something for everyone, you just have to look for it.

Food choices are in abundance and there are many great places it all depends on what type of food you are interested in.

Same goes for clubs, shows, concerts.

Since you will be on 6th street, you'll have many options open to you. If you drive out of downtown, you'll have even more choices.
Thanks! We targeted hotels on 6th Street for exactly that reason. The Driskill looked awesome, and has a history to it. So, when in Austin?

Speaking of concerts, we came to the realization we had missed SXSW by a weekend; which in hindsight was why the hotels were significantly more affordable.

However, I enjoyed the idea of exploring Austin. So, I didn’t beat myself up too much over it.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guero’s on South Congress.
Moonshine Patio
Weather should be fantastic. Cool mornings and patio afternoons!!
Awesome, exactly what I was hoping for.

I live around the St Louis area, and anticipated the weather being similar, with maybe 5-10 degree difference in favor of warmer temps. However, being from Missouri also leaves me paranoid, as you can experience 5 seasons in that one day.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Franklin’s BBQ on 11th st.. thank me later. Also March weather will be near perfect

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! We targeted hotels on 6th Street for exactly that reason. The Driskill looked awesome, and has a history to it. So, when in Austin?

Speaking of concerts, we came to the realization we had missed SXSW by a weekend; which in hindsight was why the hotels were significantly more affordable.

However, I enjoyed the idea of exploring Austin. So, I didn’t beat myself up too much over it.
I live 15 miles from Downtown Austin, happy to meet up, however I'm not the best person to show you around, because I haven't been downtown since before the pandemic started. That's why I was stating/asking what are you interested in; so that I can do some local research for you.

Also, if you are driving back and forth from Austin to the Off-roadeo it's a decent drive, so don't count on seeing/doing all that much during the days you are driving back and forth.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live 15 miles from Downtown Austin, happy to meet up, however I'm not the best person to show you around, because I haven't been downtown since before the pandemic started. That's why I was stating/asking what are you interested in; so that I can do some local research for you.

Also, if you are driving back and forth from Austin to the Off-roadeo it's a decent drive, so don't count on seeing/doing all that much during the days you are driving back and forth.
I agree. The first night we’re staying at the Horseshoe to alleviate potential traffic concerns the morning of. Afterwards, we’re heading to the Driskill.

We’re veterans of Dublin for St Patty’s Day, Munich for Oktoberfest, and Berlin & Amsterdam because, why not?

So, we’ll have Friday Night, all Saturday, and most of Sunday to take in what Austin has to offer.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Franklin’s BBQ on 11th st.. thank me later. Also March weather will be near perfect
Thanks for the reply. What’s a signature dish, or what are they best know for?

any recommendations?

Rizz512

Base
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Zo6, Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bbq! Put in a order in advance no matter what place you choose so you don't have to wait 2hrs in a line. I like LA BBQ and Franklin's, order some brisket. Tons of breweries here that are pretty good. Pizza-local fav is homslice but pinthouse has decent pizza and brews it's own beers that are pretty legit. Catch some live music and comedy scene is big here now (creek and the cave, vulcan). Take a stroll around town lake. Feel free to hit me up for more suggestions. Enjoy the off-rodeo and the ATX.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the reply. What’s a signature dish, or what are they best know for?

any recommendations?
I’m a brisket guy but you could get a sampler plate to try multiple things like ribs and chicken, etc. it’s got me hungry! Moved away from central TX in 2016 and western NC doesn’t know BBQ

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I second Home Slice for Pizza. If Barton Springs is open, always a fun place to take a cool dip. There are hiking trails and strolls all around downtown.
Sponsored