Sponsored

Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose?

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You do not want your woofer sensitivity to be higher than your tweeters, they will over play your upper frequencies. You want higher sensitivity on the tweeter, easier to attenuate to woofer level.

Has anyone check to see how Ford's crossover works before throwing in a different crossover?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You do not want your woofer sensitivity to be higher than your tweeters, they will over play your upper frequencies. You want higher sensitivity on the tweeter, easier to attenuate to woofer level.

Has anyone check to see how Ford's crossover works before throwing in a different crossover?
there is no crossover .... looking at wiring schematic it seems like its just wired in series

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaker choice aside, another easy, cheap improvement is sound deadening in behind the speaker.
And those rear speaker pods would be an easy target. I used to have some sticky rolls of butyl rubber "gumbo" raw that I'd line cheap, lightweight enclosures with. Noticeable improvement.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

are you planning on powering ALL the speakers or just the subwoofer and the back speakers?
The little amp I posted would power everything... but for me it’s more about the ability to tune the system. It basically puts a 31 band EQ on every channel, along with individual crossover points and slope for each channel. At just 40 watts RMS it’s not a powerhouse, but the factory unit is likely only around 10-15 watts and probably only has high/mid/low adjustment... with NO selectable crossover. All in all, it just adds a lot of tuning ability and should give an additional boost of power and clarity to each channel. Very small footprint for an 8 channel DSP as well, so mounting should be easy.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

there is no crossover .... looking at wiring schematic it seems like its just wired in series
In which case we need to think about ohms - two 2 ohm speakers in series = 4 ohms to the head unit.

Sponsored

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that the EE’s would allow low frequency energy into mid range/tweeter speakers. The schematic you posted is simplistic that probably is geared toward the dealer mechanic for repairs. What is the schematic of the rectangle between the kick panel driver, what is schematic of the Audio Control Module? The cost of a simple crossover is very low. I’ve been playing in audio for over 50 + years, so this how I would initially approach the situation, but verify. I know, “Ok, Boomer”.

But, if there is no crossover or there is one in the “magic box” behind kick panel woofer this makes it really easy to install third party, just cut the wires before “magic box”.

Last edited:
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heynongman

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
QR code only google searches the M2DT code. No apparent matches online.

Sponsored

schlava

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250; 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Chris I'm talking about installing something like this in the kick panel .... not a 2 way, just a component woofer

1627512301465.png

1627512259013.png
I just ordered these along with 4" kickers for the dash. I'm actually contemplating wake boat pods for the back since there are way more options with speaker sizes. I have an old sound ordinance powered amp I may throw in the back for the short term. My plan is to wait and see what comes out from JL audio for a powered sub where the B/O sub goes and then add an amp with either inline features or a dsp that connects it all to the stock head.

So anyone else wondering but me? What are aftermarket radios going to look like for this thing and their prices???!!! I won't replace mine but I bet there will be some definitely coming out.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

can you explain this a little bit? at least for a simple minded person like me

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just ordered these along with 4" kickers for the dash. I'm actually contemplating wake boat pods for the back since there are way more options with speaker sizes. I have an old sound ordinance powered amp I may throw in the back for the short term. My plan is to wait and see what comes out from JL audio for a powered sub where the B/O sub goes and then add an amp with either inline features or a dsp that connects it all to the stock head.

So anyone else wondering but me? What are aftermarket radios going to look like for this thing and their prices???!!! I won't replace mine but I bet there will be some definitely coming out.
FYI- I found those cheaper on Amazon ..... Also I'm contemplating a visit to JL Audio, since they are local.

I think I have a very good sense of sound quality and clarity, but as its obvious from my questions on this thread, I am not savvy with electronics matching and wiring. Having said that I wonder how after market radios will integrate properly with the infotainment system on the Bronco.

Last edited:

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
can you explain this a little bit? at least for a simple minded person like me
Basically higher sensitive speaker will play louder than a lower sensitive speaker with the exact same input. So if a woofer is more sensitive than a tweeter the frequencies going to the woofer will be louder than the frequencies going to the tweeter. It will sound bass heavy. You can electronically attenuate the tweeter to a lower sensitivity easily. So it's better to have a higher sensitivity with tweeter. If your are buying a component package I'd guess that the manufacture has this figured in their crossover.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basically higher sensitive speaker will play louder than a lower sensitive speaker with the exact same input. So if a woofer is more sensitive than a tweeter the frequencies going to the woofer will be louder than the frequencies going to the tweeter. It will sound bass heavy. You can electronically attenuate the tweeter to a lower sensitivity easily. So it's better to have a higher sensitivity with tweeter. If your are buying a component package I'd guess that the manufacture has this figured in their crossover.
True, but most people like more bass, and in an open top vehicle, some bass boost is essential. And if it’s too heavy… just turn down the bass or adjust the EQ on the head unit (not sure what Sync 4 offers here, but it should at least have a bass adjustment).
Sponsored