Sponsored

Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seeking all audiophiles ..... if you had to choose between 2 speakers with the descriptions below:

1. regardless of price or brand, which would you chose and why?
2. what are the ideal frequency ranges for the 4" dash speakers and the 6.5" kick panel speakers? (with the current wiring diagram)

Ford Bronco Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose? Inked6 speaker wiring set up_LI

Choice of speakers:

A)

Ford Bronco Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose? Amazon-com-Alpine-R-Series-6-5-Inch-300-Watt-Coaxial-2-Way-Car-Audio-Speakers-Pair-R-S65

OR

B)

Ford Bronco Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose? DB652-DB-Series-6-5ā€-Coaxial-Speakers-with-Marine-Certification-Marine-Speakers-Polk-Audio
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seeking all audiophiles ..... if you had to choose between 2 speakers with the descriptions below:

1. regardless of price or brand, which would you chose and why?
2. what are the ideal frequency ranges for the 4" dash speakers and the 6.5" kick panel speakers? (with the current wiring diagram)
Iā€™d probably choose option B if sticking with factory head unit as the amplifier. higher sensitivity means louder with less power. Also itā€™s marine grade so getting caught in the rain with top off is less of a concern

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd choose option B as well. Generally speaking, 90db (or more) sensitivity is where you want to be if you're just swapping out the factory speakers, without adding an amp.

I'm picking up my Bronco on Friday and am already planning on switching out the factory speakers pretty quickly. I'm going to swap the speakers and then I'll add an amp at a later time.

I'm likely going to go with Morel Maximo Coax speakers in all 6 factory locations. They really hit above the price point and make for excellent factory speaker replacements without an amp.

jmoney

Big Bend
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
following...I too am waiting for someone to say which speakers worked best and were easy to install. I am also curious to see if anyone plans on opening that rear panel and throwing a sub into it - what type of set up they would choose.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™d probably choose option B if sticking with factory head unit as the amplifier. higher sensitivity means louder with less power. Also itā€™s marine grade so getting caught in the rain with top off is less of a concern
I'd choose option B as well. Generally speaking, 90db (or more) sensitivity is where you want to be if you're just swapping out the factory speakers, without adding an amp.

I'm picking up my Bronco on Friday and am already planning on switching out the factory speakers pretty quickly. I'm going to swap the speakers and then I'll add an amp at a later time.

I'm likely going to go with Morel Maximo Coax speakers in all 6 factory locations. They really hit above the price point and make for excellent factory speaker replacements without an amp.
following...I too am waiting for someone to say which speakers worked best and were easy to install. I am also curious to see if anyone plans on opening that rear panel and throwing a sub into it - what type of set up they would choose.
so for the kick panels do you guys suggest going with a component woofer? a 2 way? or 3 way speaker?

Sponsored

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is more in play here than just speaker sensitive, although the statement are correct. Speaker impedance should also be taken into consider. For example if OEM is 2 ohms and is replaced with 4 ohms your amps will be cut in half. Therefore not play as loud.

so for the kick panels do you guys suggest going with a component woofer? a 2 way? or 3 way speaker?
Kick panels are best location. Component speakers would not violate speaker design consideration and also would be time coherent.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm here to play along as well. I have the standard unit coming with my Badlands. I drove the dealers demo unit with the standard sound system and not impressed. Pretty sure with top off driving all you're going to hear is noise. So I'll want to do a speaker upgrade and keep the head unit, and keep it marine. Also may want to do a removable small sub or some sort of hidden setup. Space will be a premium in the 2 door.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered JL C1 400 4in for the front dash and the rear pods and C1 650 6.5in for the kick panel. I was really torn between the 6.5 2 way and the 6.5 component.

I ended up going with the 2 way (the 4in are 2 way as well). As the dash speakers seem to be already crossed over/limited in the frequency they get based on the wire diagram and the fact the forum member BroncoTPA posted a video and noted tapping into the 4in speaker wire they noticed little low end. Since the 4in dash speakers are almost a component in the frequency isolation I went with 2 way's as I was thinking if I went with the component I might just leave the satellite tweeter off and leave the 6.5 as a pure mid. I am still 50/50 but purchase has been made.

I also plan on getting a Kicker hs10 hideaway and mount it in the general location of where the sub would be (but next to the cubby hole).

Should be a decent rounded setup for around 650-700.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kick panels are best location. Component speakers would not violate speaker design consideration and also would be time coherent.
Ummm can you explain that in English? if I chose component woofers for the kick panels and get a high end pair of 4 inch 2 way speakers for the dash, would that act as getting the base on the bottom and the treble from the top? would that setup be a crisp, low distortion sound system?

Last edited:

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s been a long time since I was into car audio, but Iā€™m not sure you want two-way speakers with tweeters in the kick panels. That will draw your soundstage down. I would keep the mids/highs up on the dash and use the kick panels to provide the lower-end which canā€™t really be localized anyway. I would even put a low pass filter on the kick panel speakers.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Itā€™s been a long time since I was into car audio, but Iā€™m not sure you want two-way speakers with tweeters in the kick panels. That will draw your soundstage down. I would keep the mids/highs up on the dash and use the kick panels to provide the lower-end which canā€™t really be localized anyway. I would even put a low pass filter on the kick panel speakers.

Chris I'm talking about installing something like this in the kick panel .... not a 2 way, just a component woofer

Ford Bronco Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose? 1627512301465

Ford Bronco Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose? 1627512259013

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are the ohms of speaker A?

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First impressions... Iā€™d go with speaker A. I donā€™t generally like the tinny sound of the smaller tweeters. But, there are a lot of numbers missing.

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ummm can you explain that in English? if I chose component woofers for the kick panels and get a high end pair of 4 inch 2 way speakers for the dash, would that act as getting the base on the bottom and the treble from the top? would that setup be a crisp, low distortion sound system?
Sorry, my mistake in reading. My brain read ā€œCoaxialā€ not component. Disregard non-English part. What youā€˜re proposing will work fine. Theoretically speaker drivers should be within a certain distance of each other. Whether you hear it or not in auto; doubt it.
Sponsored