Sponsored

Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose?

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s been a long time since I was into car audio, but I’m not sure you want two-way speakers with tweeters in the kick panels. That will draw your soundstage down. I would keep the mids/highs up on the dash and use the kick panels to provide the lower-end which can’t really be localized anyway. I would even put a low pass filter on the kick panel speakers.
Surprisingly, kick panels installs are considered one of the best locations. Also most coaxial speakers have directional tweeters.
Sponsored

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry, my mistake in reading. My brain read “Coaxial” not component. Disregard non-English part. What you‘re proposing will work fine. Theoretically speaker drivers should be within a certain distance of each other. Whether you hear it or not in auto; doubt it.
yeah so I'm trying to mimic the setup for home speakers, but the distance between the drivers is what I'm concerned about!

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yeah so I'm trying to mimic the setup for home speakers, but the distance between the drivers is what I'm concerned about!
Two different animals. Just for clarification when I speak of drivers, I’m referring to distance within the same grouping, not between R/L

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yes correct I got that .... and I know they are completely different animals, I was just trying to portray my thoughts on the arrangement

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surprisingly, kick panels installs are considered one of the best locations. Also most coaxial speakers have directional tweeters.
As I said, it’s been many years since I was into car audio so conventions may be different now. Back then, the prevailing wisdom was to keep the mid and high frequencies off the floor and up high to keep your soundstage up higher. But we’re not talking about this to win car audio competitions here… just how to get some decent sound from in a convertible :)

Sponsored

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Chris I'm talking about installing something like this in the kick panel .... not a 2 way, just a component woofer

1627512301465.png

1627512259013.png
Wow… is that sensitivity rating for real?

Even if it’s close, that seems like an ideal speaker for the Bronco kick panels.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow… is that sensitivity rating for real?

Even if it’s close, that seems like an ideal speaker for the Bronco kick panels.

so go with that instead of a 3 way speaker? (here's a sample of the 3 way ... same company)

Ford Bronco Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose? 1627525823221

Ford Bronco Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose? 1627525903752

1627525885065.png

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm so lost but very interested to see what people come up with/ what is the best set up for the bronco for X price. Dumb Question I Thought the kicker panel were for the B&O setup in else you guy's are not talking about the kicker panels in the picture.
Ford Bronco Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose? Bronco-Standard-Speaker-Locations

Last edited:
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BTW i test drove the WT with B&O system on the highway (65 to 75MPH), with the top down and all windows up. At max volume the subwoofer was non-existent and the back speakers were so faint they might have as well been non-existent. All the sound was coming from the front. My daughter in the back seat said she could hear the back speakers but only the one close to her head.

Conclusion: if you didn't spring for the B&O system, you can now spend 1/2 as much on a kick ass aftermarket one.

Sponsored

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW i test drove the WT with B&O system on the highway (65 to 75MPH), with the top down and all windows up. At max volume the subwoofer was non-existent and the back speakers were so faint they might have as well been non-existent. All the sound was coming from the front. My daughter in the back seat said she could hear the back speakers but only the one close to her head.

Conclusion: if you didn't spring for the B&O system, you can now spend 1/2 as much on a kick ass aftermarket one.

Weird, I just did a hwy test with my B&O and it was better than I expected. Had to mess with the bass level to get the sub moving, but It was not bad. I think I will start with an amp upgrade as the dial has never left 30 yet. Need more volume....and more cowbell!!!

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so go with that instead of a 3 way speaker? (here's a sample of the 3 way ... same company)

1627525823221.png

1627525903752.png

1627525885065.png
As I said, I wouldn’t put a tweeter in the kick panel area, but maybe that’s the thing to do now.

Maybe check some car audio forums?

Also, I would see if there are any independent reviews of that speaker you linked earlier. The sensitivity rating (100) seems magical… too good to be true?

Last edited:
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thankyou .... the few reviews I've seen claim its remarkable .... it also has a newer model with detached component tweeters with crossovers
But I'm going with my guess and your recommendation
Sponsored