Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got this text: “Hi, this is (name redacted) at Covert Ford, we have a red full size Bronco Outer Banks soft top on its way here. It is being sold first come first serve. If you are interested please call back. It will go fast”

So, for Austin area people if you want one, they are selling it. I asked him about ADM.….

MSRP $45,500

Selling price is currently $73,000

Just thought I’d pass this along in case anyone wants to pay that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First come, first served? I highly doubt it.....more like whoever brings the most cash.

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have spoken with 5 or 6 local dealers to see what the mark up would be if they had someone cancel an order and they had a Bronco available to sell.
3 of the dealers gave a price and it was 10k over, thats what they plan for their mannequin pricing when they can sell them. One said he expected they would go for 20 or 30k over and I told him every one else was quoting 10k and he said ok that may work;)

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got this text: “Hi, this is (name redacted) at Covert Ford, we have a red full size Bronco Outer Banks soft top on its way here. It is being sold first come first serve. If you are interested please call back. It will go fast”

So, for Austin area people if you want one, they are selling it. I asked him about ADM.….

MSRP $45,500

Selling price is currently $73,000

Just thought I’d pass this along in case anyone wants to pay that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm honestly conflicted on ADM. Part of me still thinks that it's greedy, but I think another part of me me tries to be understanding to the situation that the dealers are still in and the concept of supply and demand. A lot of the dealers barely have any stock at all and if you don't have anything to sell you can't pay your employees who presumably want to eat and feed their families and all of that, so when they're handed something that could make more income for the dealer than probably 10 other cars combined, I suppose I kind of get it??? All that said....an ADM that's like 60% of the price of the car itself seems a bit obscene.

Sponsored

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just another reason why I’d like to see all dealerships converted to service and delivery stations. Adopt the Tesla model of direct ordering and pricing.

Not that Ford ever would since they really don’t give a sh*t but I’d love to see Ford send a memo to its dealers that for every vehicle they apply ADM, they lose 5 allocated units of same or similar model and configuration.

OP
OP
Bubba

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Text him back and say “I’ll give you $43,500 and not a penny more”. Just for fun!

OP
OP
Bubba

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm honestly conflicted on ADM. Part of me still thinks that it's greedy, but I think another part of me me tries to be understanding to the situation that the dealers are still in and the concept of supply and demand. A lot of the dealers barely have any stock at all and if you don't have anything to sell you can't pay your employees who presumably want to eat and feed their families and all of that, so when they're handed something that could make more income for the dealer than probably 10 other cars combined, I suppose I kind of get it??? All that said....an ADM that's like 60% of the price of the car itself seems a bit obscene.
I’m less conflicted. What is something worth….whatever someone else will pay for it, right? Let the dumbshits pay 160% of msrp, and I’ll wait for mine.

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
$28K surcharge? Uhhhhh no,

Sponsored

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ADM is insane on these things. However, I have a buddy buying a Kia Telluride right now. He went to 3 different Kia dealers: 1 was $3k ADM, one was $7k ADM, and one was $9k.

He ordered with the $3k dealer but has a 5-7 month wait.

the dealers with the higher ADMs has every Telluride they are receiving for the rest of the year already reserved.

The impacts from the pandemic on the new and used car markets is just insane.

Dirt Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2017 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not in the car business, but I just don't understand this short-term thinking from dealerships.

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm just as excited as the next guy/gal/other about getting a Bronco, but I cannot wrap my mind around needing to have one right now so badly that I'd be willing to pay that much over MSRP.

Let's be honest, the Broncos are cool but they are not worth that much.