Triston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey boys, I'm new to car buying and have heard a ton of people have reserved in the Austin area. I reserved mine at mac haik, and have literally heard nothing from them. has anyone had a good experience so far?
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey boys, I'm new to car buying and have heard a ton of people have reserved in the Austin area. I reserved mine at mac haik, and have literally heard nothing from them. has anyone had a good experience so far?
If you don't mind the drive check out Sewell in Odessa.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had originally reserved at Leif Johnson Truck City in Buda. I did get several calls from the salesman there within the following day or two. He seemed just as excited as me. Then a month or two went by without hearing anything, until I got an email from him saying he hoped I enjoyed my new car(?) and was there anything else he could help me with. I replied to that and never got another response. I think he's a nice guy, but just a typical car salesman. I would look at the dealerships that have been vocal on this forum if you really want a good experience: Texas group buy (if the group buy opens back up), Sewell, Granger, etc. Some will deliver to the Austin area.

Last edited:

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got my welcome bag from Sewell and I know that are haters out there about this but am really impressed with them and the quality of this gift is much better then I expected!

20201112_133528.jpg

Bigric

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've bought from Leif Johnson, Maxwell, and Mac Haik over the years. Although I felt that they were all fair experiences, don't expect any favors or lower prices from Mac Haik. They serve a larger geographic area and have a large diesel shop. My only negative local experience was from Covert, and that's based on a phone call to their sales pool when I was asking them to locate a specific F250 configuration. They were clearly not interested in the business.

FWIW, I've moved my Mac Haik reservation to the Texas group buy dealership, but I did first call Mac Haik and talk to their sales manager, who was going to discuss their Bronco pricing strategy with their inventory manager and get back with me. I stressed that I'd like to keep my money local if they were open to a discussion. Which obviously never happened.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

tbeadle

Badlands
First Name
Triston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've bought from Leif Johnson, Maxwell, and Mac Haik over the years. Although I felt that they were all fair experiences, don't expect any favors or lower prices from Mac Haik. They serve a larger geographic area and have a large diesel shop. My only negative local experience was from Covert, and that's based on a phone call to their sales pool when I was asking them to locate a specific F250 configuration. They were clearly not interested in the business.

FWIW, I've moved my Mac Haik reservation to BU, but I did first call Mac Haik and talk to their sales manager, who was going to discuss their Bronco pricing strategy with their inventory manager and get back with me. I stressed that I'd like to keep my money local if they were open to a discussion. Which obviously never happened.
What/Where is BU?

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership that the Texas Buyers Group partnered with who's name and info we are trying to keep off the public forums. Message me if you would like more info.
This is interesting. Just found this regional forum. I have a day 1 reservation at Maxwell Ford. They are claiming nothing above MSRP, no dealer markups, etc. But Still have yet to place my order. Is this something worth looking into? The TBG?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is interesting. Just found this regional forum. I have a day 1 reservation at Maxwell Ford. They are claiming nothing above MSRP, no dealer markups, etc. But Still have yet to place my order. Is this something worth looking into? The TBG?
The group buy has since been closed to any newcomers.

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I suggest Matt Bowers in the New Orleans area. Many of us have had great service from them. Anyone can message me if you want more details.

Sponsored

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my rez at Maxwell but the internet sales manager was feeding me a bunch of BS and wanted a $2500 non-refundable deposit.

Moved my reservation to Leif Johnson and the experience was much better, no pressure, no additional deposit, and no ADM. Talk to Leo Light.

AustinDawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I suggest Matt Bowers in the New Orleans area. Many of us have had great service from them. Anyone can message me if you want more details.
I've texted and called this dealership, but had to leave a message, however, no one has gotten back with me. Any suggestions?

rafterman

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I live in Georgetown and was not impressed at all with the local Mac Haik. No follow up after initial computer generated email and no information when I stopped by to look at some colors. On a previous Ford purchase, salesperson was of no help and too lazy to look at inventories elsewhere after I gave him the exact order codes. I have since moved to the TX buyers group dealership and have had a positive experience. If that is not an option, then I would recommend Ryan Ford in Sealy where we went after Mac Haik disappointed.

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've texted and called this dealership, but had to leave a message, however, no one has gotten back with me. Any suggestions?
They are very busy with many emails and requests....and by law, all dealerships are closed today. If you are ready to transfer/order, you can send me your contact information via a private message and I will make sure they have it for tomorrow.

AustinDawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are very busy with many emails and requests....and by law, all dealerships are closed today. If you are ready to transfer/order, you can send me your contact information via a private message and I will make sure they have it for tomorrow.
Thanks, Matt. I had my reservation at a local dealership and had given them my build sheet in Dec., but advised I was probably going to wait for the white top in my22. Then on 1/22/21 Ford sends an email thanking me for my order. I've been trying to get it put back in reservation status since. I know I can't order my22 yet, but would like to look into transferring my reservation once I get it straightened out. Not sure how to send private message.
Sponsored