First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not have a good experience with auto Nation. But then start I switched they started begin way better with communication. I have considered switching back.
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

D Plan = Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee + $100

How is the holdback and advertising fee greater than $2,375?

Holdback is 2-3% of MSRP and advertising fee is usually $250-400. At the max, you'd need to be spending $65,840 of MSRP to be getting more than $2,000 off of dealer invoice.
I am aware of what D-plan is, but thanks for the math lesson, re-read my post.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am aware of what D-plan is, but thanks for the math lesson, re-read my post.
[/QUOTE
I did.

I find it interesting she stated she has a call on the 12th (with Ford I presume) reference the opening of the order banks. I am already getting more than 2K under invoice with no add on's or ADM.
I find it hard to see how you're getting more than $2k under invoice. This forum isn't just for your edification, but also for the rest of the users education.

And if you are still getting a Black Diamond...you aren't spending in the upper $60k range.

You can just say you exaggerated your savings. No biggee.

Last edited:

nifty

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Highlander / 66 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for sharing, I'm just down I-40 in Little Rock.

BroncoNewbee

Wildtrak
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI, Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Obligatory opening...lurker here, first time poster.

Is there any concern that pricing wouldn't be honored by the time of delivery? I've reached out and confirmed the offer with Autonation Memphis...but I'm still working with a more local dealer in GA to see if they can at least get close. They of course planted a seed of doubt that a bait and switch may occur down the road.

Any thoughts on that?

I know the local dealer isn't interested in below invoice...so I'm actually getting comfortable with my son and I flying up for $150/each and driving the truck back on a mini road trip. I just don't want to find myself w/a truck priced at the same level as I could've staying locally once they have possession of it. I've never reserved a car before so new territory for me...

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tashab38106

Outer Banks
First Name
Tasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Obligatory opening...lurker here, first time poster.

Is there any concern that pricing wouldn't be honored by the time of delivery? I've reached out and confirmed the offer with Autonation Memphis...but I'm still working with a more local dealer in GA to see if they can at least get close. They of course planted a seed of doubt that a bait and switch may occur down the road.

Any thoughts on that?

I know the local dealer isn't interested in below invoice...so I'm actually getting comfortable with my son and I flying up for $150/each and driving the truck back on a mini road trip. I just don't want to find myself w/a truck priced at the same level as I could've staying locally once they have possession of it. I've never reserved a car before so new territory for me...

Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't think they would decide not to honor it. It's in writing that they would honor that discount. Plus I think a lot of people transferred their reservation to them because of it. That would be bad business practice if they changed their mind after people converted their orde

NotaJeep

First Edition
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What is your contact there? Autonation has a Ford Dealership in Colorado, and I may try and leverage their Memphis offer with their sister dealership here.
I'm in CO also and would switch to Autonation if they did indeed offer $1000 below.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in CO also and would switch to Autonation if they did indeed offer $1000 below.
I think it has been confirmed that Autonation here in littleton are just doing msrp, but maybe someone can chime in on that.

Stampeder

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm also on the list at Autonation Ford Memphis. They've agreed to $1000 under invoice... but are also sticking with the $1495 delivery/destination charge, and trying to add a $699 doc fee.

Any luck getting out from under the doc fee? I've had the "no X plan on the Bronco" discussion already.

OP
OP

Tashab38106

Outer Banks
First Name
Tasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm also on the list at Autonation Ford Memphis. They've agreed to $1000 under invoice... but are also sticking with the $1495 delivery/destination charge, and trying to add a $699 doc fee.

Any luck getting out from under the doc fee? I've had the "no X plan on the Bronco" discussion already.
I didn't try to negotiate those charges. I figured those were fees that they were not going to budge on

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't try to negotiate those charges. I figured those were fees that they were not going to budge on
Delivery/Destination is non-negotiable and the same for everyone.

The doc fees are set by the dealer and are technically negotiable.*

*Some states have laws governing doc fees... usually a maximum allowed amount. While negotiable because the dealer decides it, it can be more difficult to negotiate since many dealers consider this amount to be “policy” and nonnegotiable in general.
Sponsored