Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got an automatic update from Ford last night i think. I noticed my Sirius radio looked different but also my automatic parking brake release stopped working. Surely they didn't disable this function. I have the manual transmission and that automatic brake release was a great feature. Anytime you start up, and put it in 1st or Reverse, it releases the brake without having to reach for it.

I don't know if i have changed a setting or exactly what has happened. Any ideas?

20211022_150338.jpg
Sponsored

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got an automatic update from Ford last night i think. I noticed my Sirius radio looked different but also my automatic parking brake release stopped working. Surely they didn't disable this function. I have the manual transmission and that automatic brake release was a great feature. Anytime you start up, and put it in 1st or Reverse, it releases the brake without having to reach for it.

I don't know if i have changed a setting or exactly what has happened. Any ideas?

Ford Bronco Auto parking brake release stopped working 20211022_150338
Thats certainly really odd. I really cant imagine an update doing that, but ya know. Anything possible. Was it connected to WiFi when this happened? #teamlethal

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats certainly really odd. I really cant imagine an update doing that, but ya know. Anything possible. Was it connected to WiFi when this happened? #teamlethal
Did you try pulling ahead and seeing if it released then? This is how most work.... And maybe how it was s'pose to work initially. Just putting it in gear and having it release the brake wouldn't always be ideal.

OP
OP
Alpine Blue

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont know when it grabbed the update or how it connected, but it had that icon at the top of the screen showing there had been a download. I think it was an arrow pointing down into a tray? The radio had that change too on the layout of the sirius radio screen, so something changed for sure.

OP
OP
Alpine Blue

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you try pulling ahead and seeing if it released then? This is how most work.... And maybe how it was s'pose to work initially. Just putting it in gear and having it release the brake wouldn't always be ideal.
I did not push it to the point that the engine stalled, but it will not move at all. I know some people might need to use a brake on a steep hill start so i was afraid Ford might have deleted it. I cant find anything in the owners manual about it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alpine Blue

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A new form of ADM? Pay up and we will release your vehicle.
[/QUOTE
Is there a way to delete updates like on a computer?

I also dont have a seat belt chime, which i figure will be getting updated soon.

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is there a way to delete updates like on a computer?

I also dont have a seat belt chime, which i figure will be getting updated soon.

I would guess updates can be reversed. But only by Ford themselves with approval. Keep in mind though, once software and firmware is in there, I cant imagine it to be easy.

OP
OP
Alpine Blue

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well i think i figured out the issue. I had to revert to reading the instructions, which was painful.

If you start to let off the clutch before you start to give it gas, the brake does not unlock.

It requires the drivers door to be closed, and the gas pedal to be pressed for auto-unlock. Great feature, just new to me.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well i think i figured out the issue. I had to revert to reading the instructions, which was painful.

If you start to let off the clutch before you start to give it gas, the brake does not unlock.

It requires the drivers door to be closed, and the gas pedal to be pressed for auto-unlock. Great feature, just new to me.
Not getting manual, but that kinda sucks. Usually start to release til i feel engagement, then gas. Plus off road in low range there would be many times you do no gas.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alpine Blue

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not getting manual, but that kinda sucks. Usually start to release til i feel engagement, then gas. Plus off road in low range there would be many times you do no gas.
Exactly, same here. I was just moving it inside when i noticed it, so never needed to give it gas. Im just glad it wasnt deleted. Thats a great feature, maybe just needs tweaking.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This makes sense to me.

If people, when parking their manual vehicle, make a habit of applying the brake first, then putting it in gear, and then turning off the motor to park… it would keep the parking brake engaged… since you wouldn’t be giving any gas if you were intending to get out…

…or in the very least, wouldn’t disengage the brake unless there was an overt act by the driver to move the vehicle.

OP
OP
Alpine Blue

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This makes sense to me.

If people, when parking their manual vehicle, make a habit of applying the brake first, then putting it in gear, and then turning off the motor to park… it would keep the parking brake engaged… since you wouldn’t be giving any gas if you were intending to get out…

…or in the very least, wouldn’t disengage the brake unless there was an overt act by the driver to move the vehicle.
i guess thats the problem with making things automatic. Lots of scenarios to consider.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might seem like a stupid question, but do most of you use an emergency brake for some reason? Do y'all live in San Francisco or something? I never ever use an emergency brake other than when I am on a significant incline/decline. Just curious, I am getting a MT and was wondering if there is something I need to know. Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
Alpine Blue

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might seem like a stupid question, but do most of you use an emergency brake for some reason? Do y'all live in San Francisco or something? I never ever use an emergency brake other than when I am on a significant incline/decline. Just curious, I am getting a MT and was wondering if there is something I need to know. Thank you in advance.
Its mostly just a habit. Leaving it in 1st or R would be enough typically unless that stick gets bumped. I just like to find it where I left it.
Sponsored