First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the dealer "fixed it" but wouldn't way what the problem was or why it "wasn't working" when I brought it in.

Now works just like it did when I got it. Kinda irritating that they wouldn't tell me what they did. But I doubt it was a new part because it would have been on the warranty paperwork.

Oh well... I still don't know who shot JFK I guess...

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the dealer "fixed it" but wouldn't way what the problem was or why it "wasn't working" when I brought it in.

Now works just like it did when I got it. Kinda irritating that they wouldn't tell me what they did. But I doubt it was a new part because it would have been on the warranty paperwork.

Oh well... I still don't know who shot JFK I guess...
Read the RO, they put the tech notes in there.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what is an RO? Repair order?
Yes, you get a copy it with your paperwork (receipt) from the service department when you pick it up

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've noticed that my ASS hasn't engaged in while now either. I have had my doors off for almost two weeks, will see if it goes back to normal when I put them back on towards the end of this week(rain in the forecast)

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've noticed that my ASS hasn't engaged in while now either. I have had my doors off for almost two weeks, will see if it goes back to normal when I put them back on towards the end of this week(rain in the forecast)
Update, put my doors back on Wednesday. ASS still didn't engage wednesday or thursday but was working today....

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t understand why people hate that feature? Its pretty seamless and at $529 per gallon for regular if it save a litter why not?
The A.S.S. is the root cause of the cam phaser issues on the F150's. The tensioners for the timing chain are oil pump driven and when the engine shuts down at a light the oil drains out. When the light turns green and the engine starts there is a small amount of time where the timing chain is not tight and slapping against the phasers. Some dealerships started turning that off as part of the recall for the Phasers. That recall, as far as I know, was only for the 3.5EB trucks. I have not heard of the issue on the 2.7 or 2.3 but I deactivate all of mine for that reason alone.

Macloven

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500e, Svartpilen 401
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My badlands a.s.s. Stopped working last week. It was raining pretty hard so put it in 4a. Since then back in 2a but whenever I stop the a.s.s. Override light goes on. Tried turning on and off but no change. Dealer time?

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure if there is a better section to put this in, so mods please move if needed.

I so when I first got my bronco I had to press the button in the middle of the dash to turn off the start/stop functionality.

however sometime in the past week, and I don’t know what caused it, I no longer have to push the button to disable the start/stop. It either no longer works or turns on the next time I restart the car. Not sure which. Also, the light is not activated indicating that the start stop has been manually turned off.

Not sure if this is something I should contact my dealer about, or just enjoy the fact that I no longer have to press the button to disable start/stop.

Has anyone else seen this happen to them?
I freaking WISH!
Sponsored