Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disabled mine with FORScan. I hate start/stop in Texas heat.
With that said, I would take it in to have it checked out to make sure it's not a symptom of a bigger problem

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if there is a better section to put this in, so mods please move if needed.

I so when I first got my bronco I had to press the button in the middle of the dash to turn off the start/stop functionality.

however sometime in the past week, and I don’t know what caused it, I no longer have to push the button to disable the start/stop. It either no longer works or turns on the next time I restart the car. Not sure which. Also, the light is not activated indicating that the start stop has been manually turned off.

Not sure if this is something I should contact my dealer about, or just enjoy the fact that I no longer have to press the button to disable start/stop.

Has anyone else seen this happen to them?
enjoy having no a.s.s., I wish that happened to me, instead I plugged mine the 2nd day of ownership
Ford Bronco Auto start/stop disabled but I didn’t do anything A5606AC8-B110-46CB-818D-8EB27F52503A

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because it doesn't actually save gas, and it turns of the Air Conditioner.

I, never, EVER, want the A/C to just turn off because I stopped.

Also the idea that having MAX A/C will auto disable the A/SS is just another Ford Lie.

It also kills batteries.
and dont forget how rough it must be on the starter

I’ll pay extra at the pump to preserve the battery and starter

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t understand why people hate that feature? Its pretty seamless and at $529 per gallon for regular if it save a litter why not?
If left to the people, it’d be a gimmick feature that would of been phased out long ago

instead its forced upon most new cars to satisfy Uncle
Ford Bronco Auto start/stop disabled but I didn’t do anything 1653301645646
And his asinine CAFE Standards

Trust me, there are videos telling you which fuse to pull, and the Aftermarket makes a fortune selling plugs to disable it or methods like FORScan that program it out.

A.S.S. Should be for hybrids and EVs only, not every damn car on the road

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP, this one went off the rails quickly. :) The system has a ton of parameters that have to be met before it will work. For example my vehicle (not a Bronco) may, or may not work if the air conditioner is running hard. A quick stop by your dealer may help. As you've seen many of us have a love/hate relationship with the dang thing. :)

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Auto start/stop disabled but I didn’t do anything 1653309506649

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t understand why people hate that feature? Its pretty seamless and at $529 per gallon for regular if it save a litter why not?
They think it prohibits a quick getaway from the scene of the crime, lol.

I don't mind it but it is lame compared to the auto stop/park options offered by smaller manufacturers (bmw for one) where you can take your foot off the brake and car stays put and the engine restarts when you depress the go pedal rather than when you release the brake.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heated windshield? I had an actual heated windshield with embedded wires on my Land Rover. My Bronco does not have the heated windshield option as it was not in the 2021 catalog. It does have a defroster, however

Sponsored

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i know there is a vocal contingent that says it doesn't cause extra wear and tear on engine parts but that seems wrong to me. It is repetitive starting of the engine by definition will cause wear and tear. But supposedly starters from modern cars can last many more cycles compared to older cars so they say. However with auto startstop you are likely adding 10-20x more starts per day than you normally would with a older car.

I think its all just a scam and besides it turns off the AC while stopped.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP: Is something wrong with my auto stop/start?

Literally everyone: auto stop/start is the devil!

OP: no really, is something wrong with my Bronco?

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because it doesn't actually save gas, and it turns of the Air Conditioner.

I, never, EVER, want the A/C to just turn off because I stopped.

Also the idea that having MAX A/C will auto disable the A/SS is just another Ford Lie.

It also kills batteries.
I've never had it do it when a/c is on max. And as soon as I hit the max a/c button the auto start stop disabled icon comes on the display.
It only shuts it off for me if on auto a/c, and it's not currently doing it's max thing it does after I first start the vehicle.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
because it's stupid, doesn't really save any gas, causes uneccesary wear and tear on the vehicle. They should have at least given us an option to permanently turn it off if we wanted to. I don't want this crap on my Bronco and like my coworkers new GMC truck I hope it's missing the chip for it.
It will save gas when you are stopped for a length of time, like just missing a red light at a major intersection. Often times however it is only stopped for a few seconds, and this does no good and will certainly cause wear and tear. A great alternative would be a button on the steering wheel allowing the driver to stop the engine when its going to be awhile. That would transform the system into a useful feature.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
because it's stupid, doesn't really save any gas, causes uneccesary wear and tear on the vehicle. They should have at least given us an option to permanently turn it off if we wanted to. I don't want this crap on my Bronco and like my coworkers new GMC truck I hope it's missing the chip for it.
It will save gas when you are stopped for a length of time, like just missing a red light at a major intersection. Often times however it is only stopped for a few seconds, and this does no good and will certainly cause wear and tear. A great alternative would be a button on the steering wheel allowing the driver to stop the engine when its going to be awhile.
enjoy having no a.s.s., I wish that happened to me, instead I plugged mine the 2nd day of ownership
Ford Bronco Auto start/stop disabled but I didn’t do anything 1653309506649
I performed this install yesterday and it works great. Just curious did you have a hard time getting the HVAC control panel out? The top clips didn't want to let go, and I'm pretty sure it would break if I pulled any harder, that would be a major bummer. I ended up tapping the right side top clip from behind with a steel rod and hammer.
Sponsored