NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not understanding why anyone would get this when it's already been confirmed that you can program it with a $50 USB OBD2 device and Forscan
There is value in not having to mess with flashing and reflashing via Forscan, ie to return it to stock before warranty service

Sponsored
OP
OP
wylieone46

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not understanding why anyone would get this when it's already been confirmed that you can program it with a $50 USB OBD2 device and Forscan
I understand that Forscan can address this, but I personally don't want to learn how Forscan works. I just want to plug it in and forget about it. To each there own.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is value in not having to mess with flashing and reflashing via Forscan, ie to return it to stock before warranty service
Iā€™ve never ā€œre-flashedā€ for service and I have ā€œturned onā€ many ā€œfeaturesā€ with FORScan?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No need to reflash forscan or the software I installed on my wifeā€™s jeep. Ive had options altered through forscan for 3yrs and 50k miles and her jeep 3yrs 30k miles, never once had an issue with the dealership service dept. and theyve been in the shop 5-6 times during that time for warranty work.

i also didnā€™t want my obd2 port to always be occupied.

BigMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F150, 2015 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This device will not completely disable start/stop it will just disable the automatically enabled by default when ever the vehicle is started.
If you want start/stop active turn it on with the factory switch and it will stay on...if you want it off, turn it off and it will stay off even after a restart.
It also will not require the OBD port to work, it plugs in between the wire harness leading to the switch and auto-stop switch itself.
There is some disassembly of interior panels to access the install location but as was mentioned in an earlier post a simple to follow instruction video will be available soon.

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Until then I decided my index finger still works
I know there's a button on the dash. In my wife's Lincoln, that only opens a 'settings' page on the screen - then you touch again to deactivate ASS. Is Bronco like that....or does one touch do the trick?

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why spend the money for this when all you need to do is hit the button on the dash? Is hitting a button that much of a pain for everyone?

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would check with your dealer if this is a big deal. Ford is currently crediting some customers $50 for the auto start/stop delete when ordering.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why spend the money for this when all you need to do is hit the button on the dash? Is hitting a button that much of a pain for everyone?
Apparently, it is 2021 after all.

We are all on track to be like the humans in Wall-E
Ford Bronco Auto Start-Stop Eliminator for Bronco is now available wall-e-chairs

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to disable the auto-start/stop on my F150 every time I got into it. Two things: once I understood how the new starters work I was satisfied this wasnā€™t going to wear out the starter rapidly, and I also discovered that you can disable it when you want at a stop by putting pressure on the steering wheel. Iā€™ve forgotten about this feature and it isnā€™t that annoying any longer.

I have heard an LED night light plugged into the inverter outlet will also disable the auto-s/s. For a couple of bucks at the dollar store this seems like a pretty practical hackā€¦
Sponsored