Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But seriously, the problem is the factory button is not a "toggle". It resets every start, trying to force you to use the feature. It's a punishment factor to MAKE you have to turn it off every time you get in the truck, the programmers hope you forget or get sick of doing it. As an electronics technician in my early days...I'd look for a way to make the switch a true toggle - one that remains in the last condition you set it. "Off" means off...forever, until you push it back "On."
If someone could invent a way to prevent this. Oh wait.... :D
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2021-ford-bronco-autostop-eliminator
Sponsored

OP
OP
wylieone46

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For those that are interested in buying this product - the installation guide is now on the web page!! (y)

Yes...we can all just push the button every time the Bronco is started. I will still buy this product anyway.

Yes...there may be other cheaper ways to trick the system that may or may not work. I will still buy this product anyway.

No...I am not afraid my warranty will be voided.

No...I am not going to use Forscan.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would check with your dealer if this is a big deal. Ford is currently crediting some customers $50 for the auto start/stop delete when ordering.
My understanding of this is that its only F-150's (4wd ecoboost 6's and all 5.0's) because of a module shortage. with any luck that will happen when my Bronco gets built and I won't have it lol.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why spend the money for this when all you need to do is hit the button on the dash? Is hitting a button that much of a pain for everyone?
I don't even need to hit the button. 😁

Saddle Tramp

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350, 2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This device will not completely disable start/stop it will just disable the automatically enabled by default when ever the vehicle is started.
If you want start/stop active turn it on with the factory switch and it will stay on...if you want it off, turn it off and it will stay off even after a restart.
It also will not require the OBD port to work, it plugs in between the wire harness leading to the switch and auto-stop switch itself.
There is some disassembly of interior panels to access the install location but as was mentioned in an earlier post a simple to follow instruction video will be available soon.
Have in my Ranger, it’s great!

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Save money. Keep it in Sport Mode and it automatically turns ASS off. At least on the Manual Trans.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Save money. Keep it in Sport Mode and it automatically turns ASS off. At least on the Manual Trans.
You'll burn more money on gas in sport mode than you would on just a $100 device

I mean seriously folks it's just 100 dollars. We are buying a pricey vehicle; 100 won't break you. Some of you are making this out to be a mortgage payment

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You'll burn more money on gas in sport mode than you would on just a $100 device

I mean seriously folks it's just 100 dollars. We are buying a pricey vehicle; 100 won't break you. Some of you are making this out to be a mortgage payment
I have been getting a solid 20.3 MPG and over 2k in. Spirited mixed road and bit off-road. It’s steadied out there and I went a week in majority Normal Mode and now I’m going a solid week in Sport Mode. Hasn’t dipped down at all. Plus, it’s fun as hell.

I also personally don’t mind ASS with the manual. You can manage it nicely when you know you’ll be at a light for a while or in traffic because it’s controlled by the clutch.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why spend the money for this when all you need to do is hit the button on the dash? Is hitting a button that much of a pain for everyone?
Finger cramps suck!!!

Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100 bucks to not push a button. WTF

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
you have to press the "OK" button the steering wheel as well
Just want to say this part is not accurate. You do not have to press the OK button in order to switch off Auto Start.

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just want to say this part is not accurate. You do not have to press the OK button in order to switch off Auto Start.
Will the dash notice go away on its own eventually if you don't? I have not tried just leaving it and driving?
Sponsored