Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’re the only other person I’ve seen that’s mentioned the keypad. Are you under the impression that it’s actually wireless and there is no hole in the door? I saw a dealer say that recently in a video. Had no clue and still don’t. Dealers are terrible.
I actually do not know tbh. I'm told that it can be installed anywhere on the exterior of the car but needs to be programmed by the dealership. That's all I know

I already ordered all my accessories. All of them except this one since I spent a good deal already on accessories. Plan to order this closer to the holidays after I actually have real world experience using my delivered Bronco
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
wylieone46

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The stupid button that only works for one cycle on a family vehicle for the reasons i stated earlier is Not a solution. Its easy to forget to disengage this shit feature sometimes which can lead to the vehicle not functioning as it should especially in MT. The MT itself saves more gas than this button so why have it in MT.

Moving on. Im not unplugging every wire harness. I only felt comfortable unplugging one next to the center dash that looked like the video. Didnt work, just turned off the AC condenser, so I plugged back in all works great again.

I then searched through goat modes on my 2.3 BL MT with 47 axle and there is NO "sport" mode to select that will keep shit feature off for good.

I then searched through all the steering wheel settings and found a section on the auto startstop function in the "Trip/Fuel" section. Which basically just reminds you shit feature is working. Lol fml.

Next I scrolled through the nav screen to search the digital owners manual to see if any way to disengage shit feature for good. No luck.

Conclusion. I have $100 less in my bank account now hahaha :) Looking forward to installing this mod next week.

The End
Wise choice! I am sure it will be worth every penny!

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s literally a button in the center of your main console. If turning it off is as important as you say it is, due to safety and having your family with you, maybe it should be a part of your mental checklist like putting a seatbelt on. And you own a BL MT 4.7 I4 lol what’s a measly $100?
Yes, a measly $100 for added safety for my family...worth every cent + the expedited shipping fee.

We wear our seatbelts all the time. My wife is a seat belt drill instructor in my family. So am I. Her and I have lost too many friends and family in car accidents.

Our bronco is big, bad and safe. But anything that makes driving it even safer...I do without hesitation. And not because Im rich (Im not!).

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No I didn't miss any chance. I perfectly able to press a button for free lol
Problem with that is you have to keep pressing that button. That could stop for little more than pocket change. Some people will keep punishing themselves just to prove a point. Your money, your vehicle, your sanity.

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I cant stand this auto off/on feature. Its shit. Just terrible. It was designed by someone that hates cars, hates driving cars and worships the idea of electric cars taking over to save the planet...until they see how the battery systems are is made on electric cars..

Now I have my BL MT I4 bronco going on a week. It has nothing to do with pushing the button, its remembering to push the button. Plus my street goes out to a busy highway and I need instant power if cars are coming and its the first thing I have to do when driving anywhere so if I forget to turn off shit button...its not safe. I need to try sport mode to see if that knocks it out, didn't see sport mode when searching through all my goat modes..? Is sport mode not on I4 MT 2.3 Badlands with 4.7 axle?
I recall that Badlands had "Baja" mode in place of "Sport" mode essentially. From the Bronco technical specifications:
Ford Bronco Auto Start-Stop Eliminator for Bronco is now available 1632240075163

More importantly (to me), I see you have a Manual Transmission. I was under the impression that the the ASS (auto start stop) feature wouldn't be as much of headache with the manual. From the owner's manual, page 161:
Ford Bronco Auto Start-Stop Eliminator for Bronco is now available 1632240269009

I thought that the engine would remain running while you were stopped with the clutch pushed in. And wouldn't that be the situation you'd be in if you needed "instant power" as you say?? I thought that the engine would only shut off if you put the car in neutral and released the clutch pedal, which you'd only do if you were going to be sitting for a little while, at a light for example, so no big deal.

Attachments

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I recall that Badlands had "Baja" mode in place of "Sport" mode essentially. From the Bronco technical specifications:
1632240075163.png

More importantly (to me), I see you have a Manual Transmission. I was under the impression that the the ASS (auto start stop) feature wouldn't be as much of headache with the manual. From the owner's manual, page 161:
1632240269009.png

I thought that the engine would remain running while you were stopped with the clutch pushed in. And wouldn't that be the situation you'd be in if you needed "instant power" as you say?? I thought that the engine would only shut off if you put the car in neutral and released the clutch pedal, which you'd only do if you were going to be sitting for a little while, at a light for example, so no big deal.
[/QUOTE
It is a big deal and my 100 dollar mod should be here today so I dont have to worry about it anymore.

Also. Baja mode is not the same as sport mode. Baja mode auto shifts the bronco from 2wd or 4wd auto up to 4wd hi...which is def not sport mode nor the setting I would in on dry asphalt. When i got into test drive my BL before buying the idiot before me left it in baja mode...for test drives. Dumb Ass. Thats a quick way to fuck up your 4wd system fresh out of the box. I fixed it as soon as I saw it and its never left 2wd since then since Ive only been onroad thus far.

Moving on. If I wanted to fry my clutch I would just let my foot sit on it at every stop light etc. just to maybe get the benefit of this shitty feature? Nope. Plus its even WORSE with a manual vs automatic bc you have to float the clutch longer to compensate for this shitty feature if you forget to turn off the shit button and moving from a stop. Its terrible!

The section in the manual is misleading. Its just saying how to get the most bang out of the feature, not how to outsmart it without turning off the shit button. Even if it did, its an inconvenience that I will be fixing for good later today.

Last edited:

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Auto Start-Stop Eliminator for Bronco is now available 1632240269009

It is a big deal and my 100 dollar mod should be here today so I dont have to worry about it anymore.

Also. Baja mode is not the same as sport mode. Baja mode auto shifts the bronco from 2wd or 4wd auto up to 4wd hi...which is def not sport mode nor the setting I would in on dry asphalt. When i got into test drive my BL before buying the idiot before me left it in baja mode...for test drives. Dumb Ass. Thats a quick way to fuck up your 4wd system fresh out of the box. I fixed it as soon as I saw it and its never left 2wd since then since Ive only been onroad thus far.

Moving on. If I wanted to fry my clutch I would just let my foot sit on it at every stop light etc. just to maybe get the benefit of this shitty feature? Nope. Plus its even WORSE with a manual vs automatic bc you have to float the clutch longer to compensate for this shitty feature if you forget to turn off the shit button and moving from a stop. Its terrible!

The section in the manual is misleading. Its just saying how to get the most bang out of the feature, not how to outsmart it without turning off the shit button. Even if it did, its an inconvenience that I will be fixing for good later today.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I was just stating what Ford did. Not trying to equate Baja to Sport, I'm aware they're different, and the consequences. FWIW, I'm happy to have Sport in my Black Diamond (if/when I ever get it).

If I wanted to fry my clutch I would just let my foot sit on it at every stop light etc. just to maybe get the benefit of this shitty feature? Nope. Plus its even WORSE with a manual vs automatic bc you have to float the clutch longer to compensate for this shitty feature if you forget to turn off the shit button and moving from a stop. Its terrible!

I'm not saying it's not a pain in the ass (to have the vehicle shut off when you don't want it to OR have to press the ASS button every time you get in the car). I may go the same route you did once I get my Bronco, to change that, that's a decision for later.

However, I'm asking how it works (since I don't have a Bronco yet). If you are at a light and you put the car in neutral and take your foot off of the clutch, the engine stops. Then when you need to go, doesn't the engine restart as soon as you press the clutch? Such that it's running by the time you put it in gear, give it gas, and release the clutch pedal?

Basically, given the steps you need to take, the engine is running by the time you need it, correct? Or does the engine not start fast enough to be ready when you need it, even if it starts as soon as you press the clutch?

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, I was just stating what Ford did. Not trying to equate Baja to Sport, I'm aware they're different, and the consequences. FWIW, I'm happy to have Sport in my Black Diamond (if/when I ever get it).

I'm not saying it's not a pain in the ass (to have the vehicle shut off when you don't want it to OR have to press the ASS button every time you get in the car). I may go the same route you did once I get my Bronco, to change that, that's a decision for later.

However, I'm asking how it works (since I don't have a Bronco yet). If you are at a light and you put the car in neutral and take your foot off of the clutch, the engine stops. Then when you need to go, doesn't the engine restart as soon as you press the clutch? Such that it's running by the time you put it in gear, give it gas, and release the clutch pedal?

Basically, given the steps you need to take, the engine is running by the time you need it, correct? Or does the engine not start fast enough to be ready when you need it, even if it starts as soon as you press the clutch?
Sorry. Happy to help.

I first suggest just buying the mod when funds permit so you dont have to think about it ever again.

Being a family, I know my wife and I will forget to manually turn it off all the time and we live right next to a busy high speed street so I just can't take a chance that the power delivery won't be crisp because of the shit feature. No way.

I honestly need to go do some more tests to identify what your asking just to be sure before spouting off whatever I think it might or might not be doing. But until then, just know where I'm at in hot desert temps (which should hopefully start to subside soon dammit lol) plus the AC on, 37 tires etc. with a manual trans...you def notice if the shit feature is active from a stop, especially if in in a hurry.

The mod I purchased will arrive tomor and I'll take some pics of the install letting you guys know how easy (or somewhat difficult) it turns out being to install.

Sorry I don't have more info atm. Just know you can bypass all this time wasted wondering about the shit feature switch by just buying the mod now lol and stacking it in your bin of goodies so when your bronco arrives you have stuff to do to it while drinking a cold beer (or a cold coca cola) in your garage.

Sponsored

vesuvan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I purchased this and installed in about 20 minutes in my bronco first edition. Has been working perfectly, no codes are being thrown.
My FE is in production (whoohoo) so I just ordered this. Hope install is as easy as you say lol.

Also looking for ways to disable most of the nanny features that make noise, so open to suggestions

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My FE is in production (whoohoo) so I just ordered this. Hope install is as easy as you say lol.

Also looking for ways to disable most of the nanny features that make noise, so open to suggestions
Congrats!

It was very simple.
I feel the same about the nanny stuff
I did use forscan to disable the double honk when you step out of the vehicle with the fob in your pocket while running.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would normally be my first mod on any vehicles that has start/stop. But for $100 I just can't make myself spend that much for a few wires and connectors. Even for $50 I may get it but not $100. It's an annoying feature but I'll put up with it until FORScan comes to the rescue.

Pikapp1301

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed my Autostop Eliminator yesterday in about 5 - 10 minutes. Absolutely worth the $90. I hated that feature and my wife thought something was wrong with the vehicle every time it turned off, first time we have had this feature. We live in the country and frankly we don't need nor will benefit from any "gas" savings as we are not in stop and go traffic. I think its interesting to spend 50K or more on a vehicle and Nickle and Dime stuff like this. To each their own. Works great and maintains the function should you want to use it. I highly recommend

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This would normally be my first mod on any vehicles that has start/stop. But for $100 I just can't make myself spend that much for a few wires and connectors. Even for $50 I may get it but not $100. It's an annoying feature but I'll put up with it until FORScan comes to the rescue.
Perhaps Ford will make this optional on Bronco. I heard that for 22, Expedition and F-150 will be optional. I saw an F-150 Tremor listed and I believe it showed a $50 credit to eliminate auto start/stop.
Ford Bronco Auto Start-Stop Eliminator for Bronco is now available auto
Sponsored

Last edited: