Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got that and a few other parts waiting for my dirt mountain beauty, cant wait to finish it all
Sponsored

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So if you watch the video for the install in the Bronco, that's actually my Bronco that was used! I'm about 200 miles from their shop and they had to have an actual vehicle to make the prototype for production. It truly is a small, family owned business. Travis and Jessica were great and have devoted the last few years of their lives to build their company into a success.
Mine was installed about 6 weeks ago and has worked flawlessly. So glad I agreed to go visit their shop.

BroncoNapped

Base
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Awesome, thanks for the info. Those auto stops drive me nuts, glad to have options

OP
OP

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So if you watch the video for the install in the Bronco, that's actually my Bronco that was used! I'm about 200 miles from their shop and they had to have an actual vehicle to make the prototype for production. It truly is a small, family owned business. Travis and Jessica were great and have devoted the last few years of their lives to build their company into a success.
Mine was installed about 6 weeks ago and has worked flawlessly. So glad I agreed to go visit their shop.
I could tell as a small family run businessman myself that as soon as I opened the box and looked at the unit I knew it was packed and built with small business precision. That's why I took pics and talked about it. My company sells a similar product I tried marketing on here other day (dont worry, it has nothing to do with the start/stop feature lol) and this forum wouldn't promote it. Maybe I didn't go about it right. Bottom line, im glad the forum promoted my post on this product today. It made my day, I dont even notice the small scratches, love its function, and I hope forum members and Ford Motor Company all buy this sweet product!! :)

All the best to Travis and Jessica on their quest for "A.S.S." success!! ;) LOL

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I spent a small fortune on accessories already so I'm gonna cool it a bit. But I'll definitely be getting this badboy next. It's the little things

Thanks op!

Sponsored

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroBronco For someone who doesn't have their Bronco yet (been waiting since I reserved it July 2020), and for someone who doesn't know what the auto start/stop function even is/does, can you explain what it is and what the purpose of this device does? I've never had a vehicle with this function. TIA

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the write up. I find it interesting that in the vehicle settings on my '16 mustang I can check a box that disables this feature permanently until I un check the box.
I would hope that ford can do this for the Bronco with an OTA update. If they dont, ill be doing this job soon!

OP
OP

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@BroBronco For someone who doesn't have their Bronco yet (been waiting since I reserved it July 2020), and for someone who doesn't know what the auto start/stop function even is/does, can you explain what it is and what the purpose of this device does? I've never had a vehicle with this function. TIA
Sorry you don't have your bronco yet. You will love it!

There is a feature called auto startstop. When you cone a stop light etc. the feature automatically turns off the engine while you wait for the light to change. It turns back on when you press the gas. I hate this feature with a passion after using it in many rental cars over the years. It may turn back on if you press the clutch too if you got a MT.

There is a button in bronco to turn this feature off. Good. HOWEVER, it re-cycles every time you start bronco and if you forget to turn it off like my wife and I did 50% of the time since we bought bronco 2 weeks ago. Its not safe. Especially in a manual transmission. Nor needed as much in a MT for it already saves enough extra gas being a MT.

This product fixes the issue of having to remember to press the button after each engine cycle. So this crap feature always stays OFF now and the engine always stays ON. If I ever want to use the crap feature to help save even more gas (doubt it) I just turn the button back on and it stays in the on setting just like it did when we bought it. The part cost $100 and install took about an hour just bc I took my time. Money and time well spent.

Hope this helps

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The other way is using FORSCAN and a $100 OBDII dongle. You can turn the auto start/stop off in the control and then unplug the dongle. Nothing to take apart and utilizes the OBDII port temporarily.
So Forscan/users have not done a sheet for the Bronco yet as you would imagine, what are the chances that turning off the Auto Start/Stop on the Bronco is similar to the recent F150? Do you think there is much difference between the Sync 3 and Sync 4?
I disabled Auto Start Stop through Forscan but it is not a very elegant solution. It "tricks" the system by modifying the "Charging System". So every time I start my vehicle, I get a message on my dash that says, "Charging System Service Soon". I have to manually click OK to get rid of the message.

I wasn't comfortable with this solution because if there ever is a problem with the charging system, I would not know about it because of the false positive message that I get every time I start the Bronco. So I removed it in the hopes that a better solution would soon be found.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disabled Auto Start Stop through Forscan but it is not a very elegant solution. It "tricks" the system by modifying the "Charging System". So every time I start my vehicle, I get a message on my dash that says, "Charging System Service Soon". I have to manually click OK to get rid of the message.

I wasn't comfortable with this solution because if there ever is a problem with the charging system, I would not know about it because of the false positive message that I get every time I start the Bronco. So I removed it in the hopes that a better solution would soon be found.
That helps me make my decision, thank you. I will just install the start/stop eliminator until which time the Forscan option gets ironed out, if it ever does.

Reactions: JD8

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That helps me make my decision, thank you. I will just install the start/stop eliminator until which time the Forscan option gets ironed out, if it ever does.
Not sure why you would need the foreskin (lol) option later on if you already installed the eliminator. That is, after you install it ofcourse. Once you install it, you are done with this feature/issue, forever. Just sayin. Maybe Im missing something though...happens all the time on this forum haha :)

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not the flash, and not just you. I was looking at my MT shift boot the other day and noticed the same thing. The color is off, and does not match any other color in the interior. Something maybe for Ford to address in MY22
Saw this as well in the picture and man that bugged me. Hoping it’s just the flash lol

OP
OP

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Saw this as well in the picture and man that bugged me. Hoping it’s just the flash lol
Dont worry dude lol. Its mostly the flash doing it. Its not that bad in person. If so, I would have already installed a new shift boot.

OP
OP

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i wonder if there is a fuse or something we can just pull.
Ive got exp with adjusting car fuses for aftermarket products for customers. I strongly suggest Not doing that!!

I already looked for something else to pull, like on the F150, and only other thing that looked safe to disconnect turned out controlling the AC condenser. No luck.

So I had to Pull out the dash and install the autostop eliminator.

Ps-ive heard on here that automatic trans models when in sport mode might turn off this feature and it stay off--but I cant confirm this..
Sponsored