Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw on another thread someone disconnected the trailer hitch wiring connector under the dash and that disabled the A/SS. It might have been on an F150.
Sponsored

Noissuefound

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From what I remember from work it takes the vehicle to be off for at least 20 seconds at a stop light for there to be any fuel savings. That being said it was not a Ford product. I whole heartedly am against start stop. I’d rather not have it on any of the vehicles I own so this info is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I saw on another thread someone disconnected the trailer hitch wiring connector under the dash and that disabled the A/SS. It might have been on an F150.
Doesn't work on bronco

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dont worry dude lol. Its mostly the flash doing it. Its not that bad in person. If so, I would have already installed a new shift boot.
Glad to see the MT is being ordered I myself am waiting for mine.

Sponsored

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just put in my order, should arrive by Tuesday which is perfect as my OBX is due in about 10 days.

Thanks for the tip on this product.

my son has autostop on his ford escape and hates it.

I watched the video, I can handle that, looks pretty straight forth. Just gotta take my time and use plenty of painters tape to prevent scratching, etc.

OP
OP

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just put in my order, should arrive by Tuesday which is perfect as my OBX is due in about 10 days.

Thanks for the tip on this product.

my son has autostop on his ford escape and hates it.

I watched the video, I can handle that, looks pretty straight forth. Just gotta take my time and use plenty of painters tape to prevent scratching, etc.
Amen. Good luck. And yes, just take your time especially pulling out the AC dash controller and def make sure you use plenty of tape!! I also suggest taping the clips in the bottom of the AC dash controller before trying to pull the top part of it out. *Its the clips in bottom that scratch the sides of lower dash by your knees when trying to remove the AC controller. I would also try pulling AC controller out from the center armrest sitting in back seat (if you can reach it and not put too much weight on center console). This will give you the best leverage. I tried pulling from the drivers seat but it was an akward body twist because both driver and passenger foot wells are consumed by the steering column panel and glove box hanging down so your feet are partially hanging out the truck while trying to pull straight back low on the center dash. Not that easy first time around. Wish I would have had these extra tips when I installed mine but it was so damn hot lol I dont think it mattered. Bottom line, we love the product, our dash scratches are fine, install not bad--good father son project, and most of all our bronco is even safer and more enjoyable to drive.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Amen. Good luck. And yes, just take your time especially pulling out the AC dash controller and def make sure you use plenty of tape!! I also suggest taping the clips in the bottom of the AC dash controller before trying to pull the top part of it out. *Its the clips in bottom that scratch the sides of lower dash by your knees when trying to remove the AC controller. I would also try pulling AC controller out from the center armrest sitting in back seat (if you can reach it and not put too much weight on center console). This will give you the best leverage. I tried pulling from the drivers seat but it was an akward body twist because both driver and passenger foot wells are consumed by the steering column panel and glove box hanging down so your feet are partially hanging out the truck while trying to pull straight back low on the center dash. Not that easy first time around. Wish I would have had these extra tips when I installed mine but it was so damn hot lol I dont think it mattered. Bottom line, we love the product, our dash scratches are fine, install not bad--good father son project, and most of all our bronco is even safer and more enjoyable to drive.
Thanks for the tips. I printed your suggestions out so I can reference them when I am installing.

Thanks for your help

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great thread, will be putting one on my BD as soon as I can.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ive got exp with adjusting car fuses for aftermarket products for customers. I strongly suggest Not doing that!!

I already looked for something else to pull, like on the F150, and only other thing that looked safe to disconnect turned out controlling the AC condenser. No luck.

So I had to Pull out the dash and install the autostop eliminator.

Ps-ive heard on here that automatic trans models when in sport mode might turn off this feature and it stay off--but I cant confirm this..
It does but you can also just turn the wheel and that keeps it from activating
Sponsored