Sponsored

Auto start stop with manual transmission?

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Question for anyone who has taken delivery of a manual transmission. Do the manual have the auto start stop like the Focus RS or does the engine stay running the whole time. If it does have start-stop is the button on top of the dash with the switches?
Sponsored

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question for anyone who has taken delivery of a manual transmission. Do the manual have the auto start stop like the Focus RS or does the engine stay running the whole time. If it does have start-stop is the button on top of the dash with the switches?
Manual has AS/S Button is centered between radio/climate knobs

OP
OP
Bifftws

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Resurrecting this thread...finally received my truck (7mt) a couple weeks ago and much to my surprise the A.S.S. is not functioning...apparently was not activated at the factory? Not complaining, just curious if anyone else has the same situation?

OwlTrainedEDdoc

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, Acadia, Jetta (M), Badlands 4D (M)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I havenā€™t had any problems with mine, doesnā€™t work every time, Iā€™m assuming it has something to do with battery charge, or what I have running.

I thought I would hate it, but itā€™s really unobtrusive.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Resurrecting this thread...finally received my truck (7mt) a couple weeks ago and much to my surprise the A.S.S. is not functioning...apparently was not activated at the factory? Not complaining, just curious if anyone else has the same situation?
Mine works, and doesn't bother me. I'm only getting ~15 mpg, so anything that helps, lol. Resting at a light with the clutch out and in neutral, foot on brake - engine turns off. By the time I get the clutch in and positioned to balance the brake load and before accelerating, the motor's back on like it never happened. I can imagine the delay maybe being annoying for an AT, but for the MT is seems a non issue with no noticeable delay. Stop and go traffic, I either just leave the clutch in the whole time, or trudge along in crawl gear.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without being there and experiencing it, A.S.S. is situational, if the conditions aren't met, it will be off and it's indicated by the grayed out icon on the instrument panel. Some conditions are: ambient temp, engine temp, AC/Heater load, battery charge, etc to name a few. So if you're in Maine and it's cold as hell and running the heater on high you might not meet the conditions for it to activate.

Example with temps north of 90*F here with AC on 68 and fan on 5 my start/stop will not activate.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without being there and experiencing it, A.S.S. is situational, if the conditions aren't met, it will be off and it's indicated by the grayed out icon on the instrument panel. Some conditions are: ambient temp, engine temp, AC/Heater load, battery charge, etc to name a few. So if you're in Maine and it's cold as hell and running the heater on high you might not meet the conditions for it to activate.

Example with temps north of 90*F here with AC on 68 and fan on 5 my start/stop will not activate.
Thanks for the info. I've heard different conditions may affect the operation. Haven't had it out in any super cool temps (30s & 40s) and been in the 60deg garage, just doesn't seem to be working. I'll keep an eye on the conditions to verify if that may be the cause.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found this thread because my ASS stopped working about a week ago and trying to decide if I am "blessed" or have something that needs to be fixed by Ford.

What was your resolution?

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found this thread because my ASS stopped working about a week ago and trying to decide if I am "blessed" or have something that needs to be fixed by Ford.

What was your resolution?
You know what? I was thinking in the last week mine hasn't been doing the ASS lately either. Not sure if it's because I rarely commute anywhere anymore and I'm not getting enough "hot time" on the engine or if there was an update? I know it's not the usual criteria that's restricting it from happening.

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know what? I was thinking in the last week mine hasn't been doing the ASS lately either. Not sure if it's because I rarely commute anywhere anymore and I'm not getting enough "hot time" on the engine or if there was an update? I know it's not the usual criteria that's restricting it from happening.
My driving habits/routine has not changed, so I am perplexed why the ASS stopped working and the temps where I am in Oregon have not changed much either.

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

are you putting it into neutral and letting the clutch off with your foot on your brakes? that's how mine engages the Auto st/stop.
Sponsored