Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had 150 miles on my bronco and check engine light came on.. Faulty o2 sensor. When the check engine light comes on the auto start/stop turns off. During the time I was waiting on said part the start stop feature worked occasionally. 🤷🏻‍♂️.... I hit the remote start one day and interrupted the start up got another error and they cleared out my alerts no new issues. now it's since been fixed and this start stop feature works on occasion. Anyone think by disconnecting the battery to do a reset should make it work again?
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Real world mpg difference is like 0.1 or less while causing additional strain on your engine. It's right there in the initialization, auto stop start is ASS.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had 150 miles on my bronco and check engine light came on.. Faulty o2 sensor. When the check engine light comes on the auto start/stop turns off. During the time I was waiting on said part the start stop feature worked occasionally. 🤷🏻‍♂️.... I hit the remote start one day and interrupted the start up got another error and they cleared out my alerts no new issues. now it's since been fixed and this start stop feature works on occasion. Anyone think by disconnecting the battery to do a reset should make it work again?
There's other factors into auto start stop such as AC load and ambient temp that play into whether it engages or not. If I max AC or turn the temp to below a certain threshold for ambient temp it will disable.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's other factors into auto start stop such as AC load and ambient temp that play into whether it engages or not. If I max AC or turn the temp to below a certain threshold for ambient temp it will disable.
As said, a lot goes into the cars decision to turn off or not. If you want to test, just come to a stop and sit there. After a minute or so, the car will turn back on to prevent draining the battery. If you're really bored, do the same but mess with the AC and all that to see the difference.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The autostop/start feature is also controlled by engine temperature in addition to other factors described above. The engine in my 2019 F150 rarely turns off during cold winter days, nor does it turn off until the engine temp comes up to a normal operating range.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Wife's 2020 Transit Connect van is doing the same. Auto stop/start works sporadically. Just got it back from the Dealer 4 days ago and they could find nothing wrong or figure out how to fix it. They turned in a hot line report to Ford for some hopeful answers.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd be glad if it stopped working and I didn't have to turn it off every time. That crap is annoying and regardless of what any says, I think it causes extra wear and tear.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd be glad if it stopped working and I didn't have to turn it off every time. That crap is annoying and regardless of what any says, I think it causes extra wear and tear.
Hence the 🦄 in the title.. Looks like I don't need to spend the 50-70$ on that disable aftermarket part.

We have 2020 explorers at work with the auto stop and it's complete trash. Idling the car just shuts off then when we I need to gun it there is a huge lag then take off.. I can say the bronco isn't like that at all

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Compare any supposed fuel savings to the cost of a new starter motor. Exactly.
Sponsored