Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone noticed that their Auto Stop/Start has stopped working? I got my Bronco on 11/4 and it was working. The other day I noticed that when the vehicle was stopped, it was no longer cutting off. The little light in the instrament panel comes on when I'm stopped but it is greyed out. The same behavior as if it was disabled via Forscan. The only thing I was have done was wire up lights in the bumper to the AUX switches last thursday. I think I noticed the change on Saturday. I'm not really complaining about it, but I would like to know what caused the change.
Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone noticed that their Auto Stop/Start has stopped working? I got my Bronco on 11/4 and it was working. The other day I noticed that when the vehicle was stopped, it was no longer cutting off. The little light in the instrament panel comes on when I'm stopped but it is greyed out. The same behavior as if it was disabled via Forscan. The only thing I was have done was wire up lights in the bumper to the AUX switches last thursday. I think I noticed the change on Saturday. I'm not really complaining about it, but I would like to know what caused the change.
Are you rolling around in a GOAT mode? If I select Sport mode, turn off the Auto stop/start, then turn the vehicle off, the vehicle asks me if I want to return to sport mode the next time I start it. If I say yes, it'll remember that I had auto stop/start disabled and do it for me.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While driving on the street, come to a complete stop. With your foot on the brake pedal it should kill engine. Do not wiggle your foot or it will stay running. IF you have climate control set where temperature is being monitored and the AC compressor is needed it will not kill the engine.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You mentioned wiring lights recently. I’ve had auto start/stop quit working on two different vehicles in the past. Both times
It was due to low voltage/bad battery. Auto start requires a minimum voltage in order to guarantee it can fire up the alternator. I had to get a new battery and all was well.

Sponsored

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is not a problem in my book.....

Snarky comments aside, my dealer told me that my build may have this feature deleted in an effort to improve delivery and cut $50 off the price of the vehicle.
how that works I do not know but I have an email form stating such.

Hopefully it holds true.

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same thing is happening to our Expedition right now. I read something about outside temperature playing a factor if it is too cold or hot. I expect it has something to do with the climate control.

Here is where I burn this forum to the ground: I like this feature and am glad it is on the Bronco!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...The only thing I was have done was wire up lights in the bumper to the AUX switches last thursday. I think I noticed the change on Saturday. I'm not really complaining about it, but I would like to know what caused the change.
Are these lights in the aux on/lit when the start stop is deactivated?

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same thing is happening to our Expedition right now. I read something about outside temperature playing a factor if it is too cold or hot. I expect it has something to do with the climate control.

Here is where I burn this forum to the ground: I like this feature and am glad it is on the Bronco!
You what?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you rolling around in a GOAT mode? If I select Sport mode, turn off the Auto stop/start, then turn the vehicle off, the vehicle asks me if I want to return to sport mode the next time I start it. If I say yes, it'll remember that I had auto stop/start disabled and do it for me.
I'm in normal. I'm aware of what Sport mode does for it as its the same as the Raptor I had.

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: So I go to fill up this morning. I fill my tank and reset Trip2 and drive off. When I get tot he stop sign, it starts working. One the way home it worked every time. So I'm not sure sure what happen there. :)

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's most likely due to battery voltage.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the auto Start/Stop feature as well, but with the manual trans, it is super seamless. The vehicle shuts down when stopped, and immediately starts when I begin to engage the clutch. Before I shift and am ready to move forward, the vehicle is started and ready to go...no lag.

I cant speak to how it functions with the automatic trans, but super easy with the manual trans.
Sponsored